Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Into the Black

R.I.P.: John "TotalBiscuit" Bain Dies at 33. Farewell to the Cynical Brit.
View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2018, 08:28 Mr. Tact

Fate is a bitch. Why isn't it the Martin Shkreli types of this world who end up dying at 33 from cancer?

RIP John. Without a doubt a large loss for the gaming community.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2018, 06:35 Muscular Beaver

Orogogus wrote on May 30, 2018, 04:20:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2018, 17:27:
I tend to see the less hypocritical side as the lesser evil. Not to mention that the "alt-right" theme is massively pushed by the MSM, which makes it much less believable anyway. Sure there are sick fucks, but I dont see a few Nazis or other white supremacists as a huge threat to society, because they simply are very few and their disgusting acts towards other people are rare. But the media is putting it as if the whole right is like them and its a new threat the whole world must be afraid of like 1939.
On the other side the leftist lunatics are extremely numerous because their agenda is being pushed in universities and makes very obvious that they are EXTREMELY hypocritical. They dont care about the human/social rights and tolerance stuff they talk about. Quite the opposite. Just like before in history. We should have learned from history thousands of times by now. But most people still fall for their lies.

The intolerant left doesn't seem substantially more hypocritical to me than the Christian right that doesn't love its neighbors, and has no truck with turning the other cheek. Setting aside the alt-right, scrolling through the comments on any Fox News article doesn't suggest a great deal of good will towards men. On any given day it's not hard to find people high-fiving over someone else's death or misfortune, it's just usually not someone as well-known as TotalBiscuit.
They arent all Christians. As I said, they have some sick fucks as well. But from my experience the media and the left is overstating the problem to make themselves look more "humane" and as the solution to the problem.

The real problem is that left extremism has become mainstream.
A few years ago I still called my mentality left-like, but nowadays I dont dare say that anymore, because now the left stands for completely crazy extremism, neoliberalism and neoconservatism. And those crazy people are being supported by the establishment, to use them as their proxy army against their political opponents. Why they allow that, if they are true leftists, is clear. They arent.

I dont have an issue with people who are "high-fiving" over someones death who caused a lot of death and/or misery for the whole society or world. Would you have said someone is bad to high five about Hitlers death? Would you condemn someone for high-fiving when W. Bush or Cheney dies?
For example even people on the right are obviously waiting for McCain to die and are cheering for it. Is that so bad, after what he has done in his life? Vietnam hero my ass.
You cant compare that with a fucking Youtuber/Streamer who at worst threw some pissy words at people who attacked him.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2018, 06:57.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

43. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2018, 04:20 Orogogus

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2018, 17:27:
I tend to see the less hypocritical side as the lesser evil. Not to mention that the "alt-right" theme is massively pushed by the MSM, which makes it much less believable anyway. Sure there are sick fucks, but I dont see a few Nazis or other white supremacists as a huge threat to society, because they simply are very few and their disgusting acts towards other people are rare. But the media is putting it as if the whole right is like them and its a new threat the whole world must be afraid of like 1939.
On the other side the leftist lunatics are extremely numerous because their agenda is being pushed in universities and makes very obvious that they are EXTREMELY hypocritical. They dont care about the human/social rights and tolerance stuff they talk about. Quite the opposite. Just like before in history. We should have learned from history thousands of times by now. But most people still fall for their lies.

The intolerant left doesn't seem substantially more hypocritical to me than the Christian right that doesn't love its neighbors, and has no truck with turning the other cheek. Setting aside the alt-right, scrolling through the comments on any Fox News article doesn't suggest a great deal of good will towards men. On any given day it's not hard to find people high-fiving over someone else's death or misfortune, it's just usually not someone as well-known as TotalBiscuit.

42. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 17:27 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:50:
Beamer wrote on May 29, 2018, 08:48:
Verno wrote on May 29, 2018, 08:40:
Haha some of those tweets are so crazy it just boggles the mind.
"TotalBiscuit was responsible for the murder of trans people" yeah wow. People go on about the alt-right but god damn, the far left radical ideologues are absolutely bonkers and scare me way more.

Both sides managed to spend time tweeting about how awful he was. Places like Kotakuinaction had plenty decrying him.

Difference is, the ones listed here are people in the industry, supposed to be adults, whereas the alt-right ones are probably often HS kids to be that immature about this. The devs doing it are just so much worse.

Worse? I think both sides are equally disgusting, the difference is one has their "progressive" ideology pushed by EA and the other does not. Guess which one.

And for the record, that's exactly why I am GLAD to have downvoted the BF5 trailer. Yeah it's a stupid sign of resistance but EA is doing another Andromeda with BF5.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

41. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 14:56 Beamer

eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:50:
"TotalBiscuit was responsible for the murder of trans people" yeah wow. People go on about the alt-right but god damn, the far left radical ideologues are absolutely bonkers and scare me way more.

Both sides managed to spend time tweeting about how awful he was. Places like Kotakuinaction had plenty decrying him.

Difference is, the ones listed here are people in the industry, supposed to be adults, whereas the alt-right ones are probably often HS kids to be that immature about this. The devs doing it are just so much worse.

Worse? I think both sides are equally disgusting, the difference is one has their "progressive" ideology pushed by EA and the other does not. Guess which one.

And for the record, that's exactly why I am GLAD to have downvoted the BF5 trailer. Yeah it's a stupid sign of resistance but EA is doing another Andromeda with BF5.

I don't fully understand:

1) What is "progressive" being "pushed" by EA? That there's a girl in BFV? You know some women killed Nazis, right? And you know that BFV were never about realism, and this one is very clearly about fun over authenticity, right? And you know that we know nothing beyond a crappy teaser trailer, giving us zero about actual gameplay or plot, right? Was Inglourious Basterds "progressive ideology pushed" on you by Quintin Tarantino?

2) So, because some guy was a jackass in one studio, you're happy to downvote stuff from a wholly unconnected dev?

3) Progressive isn't about tolerating intolerance. If you feel that someone was an intolerant asshole, you don't need to feel sorry he is no longer with us. No one mourned Hitler.

Now, this guy wasn't Hitler, and while he said some really fucking stupid things, he was never trying to hurt people and he always seemed to be maneuvering to come up with a viewpoint he felt was best. I didn't follow him much, but he seemed to change often, and be evaluating everything. Hardly seems a monster. That some devs are calling him so makes them worse, because they should be professional in a situation like this.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

40. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 14:50 eRe4s3r

39. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 08:48 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

38. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 08:40 Verno

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

37. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 08:09 Muscular Beaver

Wow... many devs and others actually shitting on his grave...

oneangrygamer.com

mm-champion.com

WTF is going on with these people?

36. Re: Into the Black May 28, 2018, 12:51 Verno

bigspender wrote on May 25, 2018, 19:14:
And this is exactly the kind of response I'm talking about. I post some information, and people instead of looking into it further, instead immediately try to pick it apart to dismiss it on any technicality.

You're basically saying you CBF reading more than the first link, so therefore it's fine to keep consuming carcinogens. Brilliant.

Yeah you're really innocent, just threadcrapping in an RIP discussion with your oft repeated personal agenda.

I'm going to click on all of your links and read them all in detail. Wait for it. Going to happen.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

35. Re: Into the Black May 26, 2018, 02:57 bigspender

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2018, 00:32:
Nobody denies that eating meat more than once a week is unhealthy, that's a scientific fact. But it also ain't a life worth living for many. And what healthy living really means is open for debate. You survive bowel cancer and die from some nutritional imbalance 20 years later

And in Bain's case he was diagnosed with spreading bowel cancer aged 29 most insurances only offer yearly screenings for man aged 45+ and bowel cancer screening aged 50+

With 29 he wasn't on ANY statistical spread for bowel cancer. Way too early, and even then already way too far progressed.

You also can't slow down bowel cancer once it's beyond early stage, what you eat has marginal influence on your acidic levels and the cancer itself makes sure your eating habits will be fucked. Jobs died from Cancer much slower because he was diagnosed earlier but still not early enough, if you get diagnosed bowel cancer in any later stage it's a 100% death penalty.

For anyone younger than 40 bowel cancer diagnosis also comes extremely late, exactly because insurances don't see bowel cancer as a threat for young adults.

Diet has a HUGE impact before cancer, during cancer, and after cancer. Which is why the WCRF, the WHO, the PCRM, and now the AMA are very clear on their dietary recommendations. If you aren't up to date on it, then please don't speak like you are, as it's hard enough for these organisations to have a voice louder than well funded meat/dairy/egg industry's which publish willfully mislead statistics all the time.

TB's case was certainly extreme, and I wouldn't dare speculate on it. However Job's was very clear. He was undiagnosed for 20+ years, and we know it was his diet that slowed progression, because that's what happens with diet in patients, and in the lab tests. Some diets literally feed the cancer, some diets are more neutral even like Job's which slow down cell division, and some diets are scientifically proven to be 8x better at killing cancer cells than others as shown in multiple studies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcV1ISdE5HY

Yeah there are individual differences in people, but regardless of what your genes are, what stage the cancer is in, your diet still plays a massive role. It's like smoking, once you get lung cancer, if you keep smoking we all know it's not going to help.

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2018, 00:32:
But it also ain't a life worth living for many

Life without meat is not worth living? I've never heard anyone of the patients at work tell me that. Then again maybe I'm having a hard time hearing them over all of the equipment they're hooked up to. I've also never heard any of the patients yell YOLO as they slip away at the age of 45 from preventable colon cancer.

34. Re: Into the Black May 26, 2018, 01:14 IVIX1

R.I.P. John Bain  

33. Re: Into the Black May 26, 2018, 00:32 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on May 25, 2018, 23:54:
NKD wrote on May 25, 2018, 20:02:
NKD wrote on May 25, 2018, 07:52:
bigspender wrote on May 25, 2018, 07:26:

I tried to get this info over to him on several ways as did many people, but it would always get downvoted or banned and people call it pseudoscience, despite it being from the best cancer research organisation in the world, and parroted by the W.H.O. but apparently bacon puts people in a lot of denial.

The problem here is that your central claim, that diet can keep cancer from killing you after you've already been diagnosed, ISN'T supported by your link to the WCRF.

And this is exactly the kind of response I'm talking about. I post some information, and people instead of looking into it further, instead immediately try to pick it apart to dismiss it on any technicality.

You're basically saying you CBF reading more than the first link, so therefore it's fine to keep consuming carcinogens. Brilliant.

That's not what I said at all, not even close. How could I not have read more than the first link when I specifically commented on the guy behind the second link? Secondly, I didn't recommend consuming carcinogens, and you know it. Stop being a fucking idiot please. If you want to know why no one wants to listen to you, that's it.

You're proving my point perfectly. Any reason to dismiss the information, whether it's me being blunt, or McDougall's presentations style......

Nobody denies that eating meat more than once a week is unhealthy, that's a scientific fact. But it also ain't a life worth living for many. And what healthy living really means is open for debate. You survive bowel cancer and die from some nutritional imbalance 20 years later

And in Bain's case he was diagnosed with spreading bowel cancer aged 29 most insurances only offer yearly screenings for man aged 45+ and bowel cancer screening aged 50+

With 29 he wasn't on ANY statistical spread for bowel cancer. Way too early, and even then already way too far progressed.

You also can't slow down bowel cancer once it's beyond early stage, what you eat has marginal influence on your acidic levels and the cancer itself makes sure your eating habits will be fucked. Jobs died from Cancer much slower because he was diagnosed earlier but still not early enough, if you get diagnosed bowel cancer in any later stage it's a 100% death penalty.

For anyone younger than 40 bowel cancer diagnosis also comes extremely late, exactly because insurances don't see bowel cancer as a threat for young adults.

32. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 23:54 bigspender

NKD wrote on May 25, 2018, 20:02:

I tried to get this info over to him on several ways as did many people, but it would always get downvoted or banned and people call it pseudoscience, despite it being from the best cancer research organisation in the world, and parroted by the W.H.O. but apparently bacon puts people in a lot of denial.

The problem here is that your central claim, that diet can keep cancer from killing you after you've already been diagnosed, ISN'T supported by your link to the WCRF.

That's not what I said at all, not even close. How could I not have read more than the first link when I specifically commented on the guy behind the second link? Secondly, I didn't recommend consuming carcinogens, and you know it. Stop being a fucking idiot please. If you want to know why no one wants to listen to you, that's it.

You're proving my point perfectly. Any reason to dismiss the information, whether it's me being blunt, or McDougall's presentations style......

31. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 20:13 Ladron3dfx

God bless T.B. and his family.

WTF is...... Cancer! Skull Skull Skull

Steamworks

30. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 20:02 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

29. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 19:14 bigspender

28. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 19:05 Hump

He was a polarizing figure but he certainly contributed to gaming culture. He didnt deserve to go out this way.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

27. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 11:59 CthulhuFan

RIP John. This is a sad day.

Cancer took my mom.

26. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 10:21 Darks

RIP John, he was the best amount his peers. He will be missed.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >