Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition

Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Streum On Studio announce that Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition is now available for PC and PlayStation 4, and the Windows version can be found on Steam. This includes various enhancements, some of which have already been released for the original game, and the Enhanced Edition is available for free to all who already own this first-person shooter set in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here's a launch trailer with a look, and here's more on the new version:
Don your Terminator armour and wade into battle with today’s Launch Trailer, which introduces the deadliest killers of the galaxy!

The Enhanced Edition brings a wealth of all-new features and upgrades for the ultimate Space Hulk: Deathwing experience, including deep class customization and the Chaplain class, as well as new weapons, enemy types and the highly-replayable Special Missions mode. All of these features are totally free for all Space Hulk: Deathwing owners on PC, while the Enhanced Edition also marks the game’s first ever release on PlayStation 4. New players on Steam (PC) will also benefit from an exclusive 20% Early Adopter discount.

The all-new Class Customization allows players to personalize both appearance and gameplay for online and offline play, from striking armour sets to powerful weapon attachments. Everything is earned entirely in-game, with no microtransactions now or planned for the future.

View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition
May 23, 2018, 10:41
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 23, 2018, 10:41
May 23, 2018, 10:41

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 23, 2018, 07:49:
I'm interested, but I think I'll wait for some more reviews... I hear the core gameplay isn't changed enough, aka still mostly bland L4D ripoff/homage in WH40K clothing.

Hopefully it's awesome in coop though.

There were a few really bad design decisions- Your psy powers are fueled by finding relics throughout the level and a teeny, tiny bit through combat, so I would end up frequently ignoring them because they were so rare. Not sure if that was fixed.

The initial storm bolter is a good combination of damage, accuracy at range, and reload speed, and halfway through the single player game I hadn't changed it out with another weapon I actually liked.

Your medic is stuck with the basic storm bolter if you want him to heal.

Your devastator marine's assault cannon is again, probably your best bet and is your initial weapon.

Haven't played with the heavy flamer yet. But there's enough ranged shooty pew pew pew types that the Flamer is not solid tool that it was in the board game.

The 'nids are pretty much indistinguishable from each other. After a big fight I'll look at the stats and it's like "oh... I killed two elite 'nids... I didn't even see them".

The original board game had slow moving terminators with a ranged attack advantage trying to mow down the 'nids before they got within melee range and turned the terminator into a tasty blended drink. Melee was dangerous and a last ditch effort. Currently in this game it's almost impossible to avoid getting into melee. It's... a weird disconnect from the board game, and on it's own I'm not sure it carries enough to make for a game.

I've played with most of the enhanced edition fixes and they do help but there's still some fundamental issues I don't think are resolved.

May 23, 2018, 07:49
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 23, 2018, 07:49
May 23, 2018, 07:49

I'm interested, but I think I'll wait for some more reviews... I hear the core gameplay isn't changed enough, aka still mostly bland L4D ripoff/homage in WH40K clothing.

Hopefully it's awesome in coop though.

May 22, 2018, 22:00
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 22:00
May 22, 2018, 22:00

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2018, 17:06:
This chap is a big Warhammer nut and has a few nice vids on the EE. Must say it looks really good. I'll be sure to grab it when it hits the $20 or less mark.

Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition has ARRIVED! First look at Customization & Special Missions!

Let's Play Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition: Special Mission #1

I heard it was pretty cheap in the humble bundle.

May 22, 2018, 18:48
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 18:48
May 22, 2018, 18:48

So far all signs are pointing to being a much better, more complete product. Anything less would be heresy.

May 22, 2018, 17:06
Cutter

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 17:06
May 22, 2018, 17:06
 Cutter

This chap is a big Warhammer nut and has a few nice vids on the EE. Must say it looks really good. I'll be sure to grab it when it hits the $20 or less mark.

Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition has ARRIVED! First look at Customization & Special Missions!

Let's Play Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition: Special Mission #1
"If you're going through Hell...keep going."
- Winston Churchill

May 22, 2018, 16:54
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 16:54
May 22, 2018, 16:54

Time to give this another whirl. Unfortunately I have a feeling its too little too late. Hope Im wrong.

May 22, 2018, 15:21
Prez

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 15:21
May 22, 2018, 15:21
 Prez

I actually liked Deathwing a lot when it released, but I was one of the few who had little to no trouble with it running. I can't wait to try it with the new enhancements. Good on the devs for continuing to support their game in an age when so many others just ship a game unfinished and move on.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

May 22, 2018, 13:57
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 13:57
May 22, 2018, 13:57

Hey Darks, did you buy the original and like it?

I picked up Space Hulk when it came out a couple of years ago and it was....alright. Didn't get Deathwing because it raised a few red flags.

May 22, 2018, 12:53
Darks

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 12:53
May 22, 2018, 12:53
 Darks

Been waiting on this. will need to check it out tonight and see all the new stuff that got added. Sounds like they have done a lot to reface the game.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older