Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2018, 02:32 Muscular Beaver

Bumpy wrote on May 22, 2018, 00:27:
For pete's sake, the game is free. Where is the money coming from? Hats?
Back in my WoW days I shook my head at people paying lots of gold for items on the auction house, that they used just for show. And now you make billions from selling crap like that for real money.
Better than P2W, I guess...

BTW, I recently saw some Guild Wars 2 statistics, which also only sells cosmetic stuff. I couldnt believe how many people spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for that stuff.
I thought I was bad already, putting in ~$150 (a bit more than what I would have paid for WoW in subscription fees), but I was FAR FAR below average. Lower bottom actually.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2018, 01:26 Slick

Wait, the building mechanic is shallow? !@#$?  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2018, 00:27 Bumpy

For pete's sake, the game is free. Where is the money coming from? Hats?  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 21, 2018, 20:05 Mordecai Walfish

WaltC wrote on May 21, 2018, 19:42:
Creston wrote on May 21, 2018, 19:03:
One hundred MILLION??? Is Fortnite making them that much money??

Certainly a misprint, no question...;)

Fortnite brought in 210 million in February alone. This is no misprint, the game is a billion dollar+ franchise now.

Jank feeling, tacked-on battle royale modes are coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches as a result. The building mechanic in Fortnite is just terribly shallow, gameplay wise, so IMO the genre is still waiting for someone to "get it right". Don't even mention PUBG.. that game is the next dayZ, stuck in eternal beta, unable to fix core issues for years at end.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 21, 2018, 19:42 WaltC

Creston wrote on May 21, 2018, 19:03:

Certainly a misprint, no question...;)

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 21, 2018, 19:03 Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >