Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

State of Decay 2 Reviews

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 18, 2018, 19:29 Steele Johnson

I had high hopes for this game, but it looks like the devs screwed the pooch. It’s too bad, because they had a good opportunity to make this a great multiplayer game. How did the devs not notice how boring it is while they built and tested it? Didn’t the beta testers submit bugs titled “THIS IS BORING AS HELL”?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 18, 2018, 12:07 Nullity

DangerDog wrote on May 17, 2018, 15:08:
If they release it on Steam you probably won't be able to play together with MS Store bought copies.
That's really only a problem for the 3 people who bought the MS Store version, since they won't be able to form a full group. Everyone else that waits and gets the Steam version will be just fine.

41. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 18, 2018, 07:10 VaranDragon

So, Windows store exclusive game? *check*

Win10 required? *check*

Avoid like the zombie plague? *check*

Im set.

40. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 21:16 Dev

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 12:17:

Let's not forget their constant need to cram every fucking windows update down your throat too. like how State of Decay 2 absolutely requires the latest build of windows or it wont even install.

Thats some bullshit right there. I totally wanted to avoid getting the creative update on my pc because of all the bullshit issues it brings with it. So, yea this just pisses me off eve more to no end.
Well yeah, that's probably mandatory with more than one game on windows store nowadays. Or it's a paid MS exclusive or something (which probably means no steam).

MS wants you to stay updated so they can go reset all the registry edits you've done to turn on privacy settings they want to move to enterprise edition. Things like that.

39. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 19:02 RedEye9

When something was priced $X and went on sale for $Y no one should ever pay $x again. ever
Unless of course they want it now or don't want to wait till the next sale.

I'm pretty sure that much is understood even by your average gamer.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport

Vote like your rights depend on it

38. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 18:33 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2018, 15:59:
Cutter wrote on May 17, 2018, 15:32:
No deals on it atm. It's averaging $50 on ITAD atm, when they were selling EA of it for as low as $16 so I won't even be looking at Conan until it gets back down to $20.

Pretty funny game some of these places are playing these days, huh?

You are right $16 is the target, $20 or less for sure. They must be looking for the idiots right now.

It's common to raise prices after EA we all know that but they also must know that websites like ITAD exist and millions of gamers use them and know exactly what the price history is. So why on earth would anyone pay $50 for something that was less than $20 at points? Maybe if it's some huge deal AAA game, but something like this? They need to get real.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

37. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 18:21 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2018, 15:58:
Peter M. Smith wrote on May 17, 2018, 14:19:
Because my PS3 is a specialty computer it's acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level. But because my PC is a general use computer it's not acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level?

I'm a little different than Dark's on this... It's BS to on the PSx if the update doesn't truly have a critical reason why it needs to be applied for a game to play. It's BS there to, feel any better about that?

It is definitely BS on consoles, the only reason they do that is to deter piracy.

36. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 17:35 Creston

Verno wrote on May 17, 2018, 11:50:
and they made a mess out of the interface by re-designing 3 fucking times in a single gen.

No shit. I turned it on again for the first time in well over a year the other day, and it took me quite some time to figure out where the hell I needed to go to actually launch Forza Horizon 3...

Anyway, I see this is Windows Store only, so whatever. Have fun selling four copies, devs!

35. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 16:37 Primalchrome

I'll wait til it's on Steam....and has had a few patches. This is not only an Early Access title...it's also a MSoft store title....  

34. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:59 HorrorScope

No deals on it atm. It's averaging $50 on ITAD atm, when they were selling EA of it for as low as $16 so I won't even be looking at Conan until it gets back down to $20.

Pretty funny game some of these places are playing these days, huh?

You are right $16 is the target, $20 or less for sure. They must be looking for the idiots right now.

33. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:58 HorrorScope

Because my PS3 is a specialty computer it's acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level. But because my PC is a general use computer it's not acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level?

I'm a little different than Dark's on this... It's BS to on the PSx if the update doesn't truly have a critical reason why it needs to be applied for a game to play. It's BS there to, feel any better about that?

32. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:55 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 12:17:
Let's not forget their constant need to cram every fucking windows update down your throat too. like how State of Decay 2 absolutely requires the latest build of windows or it wont even install.

Thats some bullshit right there. I totally wanted to avoid getting the creative update on my pc because of all the bullshit issues it brings with it. So, yea this just pisses me off eve more to no end.

Now I haven't had an issue with the updates, but that is grade A bullshit. It seems like every new game they come out with they will always require the latest version. It is just another reason to stay away from their damn store. This is buggy, no huge surprise the first one was to and there were many updates to it and if I recall a Enhanced version as well. So here's my stance... I'm gonna wait patches and most likely a non-MS store release. Do those things, then I'm yours.

31. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:45 Darks

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 11:20:
When it comes to reviews. I like IGN, especially Dan Stapelton. Hes a good guy. known him for years. He reviewed my mod several years ago.

He liked the game and gave it a 7.5 but pointed out several issues he ran into. but those can be fixed wit ha few patches. So, I'm not to worried about that.

Seems 7.5 is about the average this game is getting for reviews.

Still going to be playing it tomorrow if anyone wants to hook up Coop. just let me know. Ill be on.

And I'm still looking for some of you guys who said you were interested in playing Conan Coop.

Been playing it all week. Found a few instances to do, I'm in the Jungle now and just found the Witches layer instance. Looks like fun.

Yea, its going to 32 on Cd Keys.

Hopefully you can grab it cheaper soon. Steam sales next month.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

30. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:32 Cutter

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 11:20:
When it comes to reviews. I like IGN, especially Dan Stapelton. Hes a good guy. known him for years. He reviewed my mod several years ago.

He liked the game and gave it a 7.5 but pointed out several issues he ran into. but those can be fixed wit ha few patches. So, I'm not to worried about that.

Seems 7.5 is about the average this game is getting for reviews.

Still going to be playing it tomorrow if anyone wants to hook up Coop. just let me know. Ill be on.

And I'm still looking for some of you guys who said you were interested in playing Conan Coop.

Been playing it all week. Found a few instances to do, I'm in the Jungle now and just found the Witches layer instance. Looks like fun.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

29. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:30 Darks

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 13:57:
Dude, its a big difference, your on a console thats completely different form the pc. Steam doesn't go around telling us that oh by the way, you need to update your windows version before you can run steam or play our games though steam. Its utter nonsense that MS does shit like this.

Your clearly a very confused individual.

No, its not. The reason being is that we have several OS platforms. Apple, Linux, Win XP, Win 8.1, Win 7, and Win 10. Get it??

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

28. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:17 KS

Oh thank god. Finally something that wasn't Call of Duty.  

27. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:08 DangerDog

If they release it on Steam you probably won't be able to play together with MS Store bought copies.

26. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 14:49 necrosis

It is only on the Microsoft Store so it is no go for me.  

25. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 14:19 Peter M. Smith

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 13:57:
Dude, its a big difference, your on a console thats completely different form the pc. Steam doesn't go around telling us that oh by the way, you need to update your windows version before you can run steam or play our games though steam. Its utter nonsense that MS does shit like this.

24. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 14:19 aka_STEVE

I was really hoping after the XBone launch debacles & failures - MS would finally decide to can the entire gaming ent. box thing they have been working so hard at ( & failing ) all these years.
Just give up & let Nintendo & Playstation do what they do best.

Please MS just go away from gaming, gamers, game stores ,etc..etc..
Normally competition is good for consumers , but somehow MS has even managed to boink that principle up....w/ gaming.
Go back to office suites, production software and integration UI - go back to basics and your core initiatives.

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo