Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed

Take-Two Interactive's Fiscal Year 2018 Results are now available, and the publisher's announcement calls them "strong," noting that "GAAP Net revenue grew to $1.793 billion" and "GAAP Net income more than doubled to $1.54 per diluted share." This did not impress Wall Street, and Barron's reports that trading in the company's stock is down based on lowered forecasts. Perhaps the most interesting news in the report is that a "highly-anticipated [sic] title from one of 2K's biggest franchises" is delayed. There's no word on what this is, but there's a lot of speculation it may be Borderlands 3 or a new BioShock game. Here's word:

The highly-anticipated title from one of 2Ks biggest franchises, which had been planned for release during the current fiscal year, is now planned for launch during fiscal 2020 to allow for additional development time. We remain as excited as ever about this title, and expect it to enhance our results next fiscal year.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 14:25 aka_STEVE

1 was good because it had an original theme,writing and was spooky.
2 was a mildly 'MEH' cash grab
3 was just too much hype, wait and didn't inspire anything truly cool or different ( kinda weird )

I think the newer game , PREY, has been the closest to capturing the magic feel of System Shock

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 14:23 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on May 17, 2018, 13:29:
Nullity wrote on May 17, 2018, 13:04:
I seem to be in the minority where I was never able to get into Bioshock 1 or 2, but I thought 3 was great. I thought the world and atmosphere in 1 & 2 were amazing, but the game and gameplay overall I didn't find very fun.

I enjoyed 1, until the point that I didn't. Around when everyone started falling in love with it, the wax sculpture guy, I started finding it tedious.

I enjoyed 2, which I actually feel as if I got for free from a cereal box (I got it free somewhere odd), but don't recall any of it at all. Just that it was more of the same with a slight twist, pretty solid, and crapped on somewhat unfairly.

I was mesmerized by 3, again, until I wasn't. Really enthralled, but at some point facing like 5 mechaWashingtons at a time just started sapping the fun out of it for me.

Yeah but nothing in any game ever captured the rail gliding in the same way as that game did. It really felt natural after a while and once you got the hang of it you were dominating like a god. The game fell apart when it removed the rails and added scripted arena fight rooms, by the hundreds.

6. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 13:29 Beamer

Nullity wrote on May 17, 2018, 13:04:
I seem to be in the minority where I was never able to get into Bioshock 1 or 2, but I thought 3 was great. I thought the world and atmosphere in 1 & 2 were amazing, but the game and gameplay overall I didn't find very fun.

I enjoyed 1, until the point that I didn't. Around when everyone started falling in love with it, the wax sculpture guy, I started finding it tedious.

I enjoyed 2, which I actually feel as if I got for free from a cereal box (I got it free somewhere odd), but don't recall any of it at all. Just that it was more of the same with a slight twist, pretty solid, and crapped on somewhat unfairly.

I was mesmerized by 3, again, until I wasn't. Really enthralled, but at some point facing like 5 mechaWashingtons at a time just started sapping the fun out of it for me.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 13:04 Nullity

4. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 10:24 Pepe

Maybe in a volcano or under the ice, or maybe they can move to mars, that seems to be the going trend these days.  

3. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 08:24 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on May 17, 2018, 00:33:
under the sea
among the clouds
... I guess it's gotta be underground ... or in space (again)

It can still be in a fantasy world....

2. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 17, 2018, 00:33 Sepharo

under the sea
among the clouds
... I guess it's gotta be underground ... or in space (again)

1. Re: Take-Two Financials Reveal REDACTED is Delayed May 16, 2018, 21:37 StingingVelvet

Wonder if they have the balls to do a Bioshock in another new setting or if they'll run back to Rapture with their tail between their legs.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo