Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Metro Exodus Delayed

The Metro Website offers an "Important Development Update" for Metro: Exodus, the next installment in this first-person shooter series from 4A Games (thanks VideoGamer). The headline is "Metro Exodus confirmed for Q1 2019," which is a sidelong admission of a delay, as the game was previously expected this autumn. Word is we'll see more of this next month at E3:

Deep Silver and 4A Games would like to share some important information with you regarding the release date of Metro Exodus.

The development of Metro Exodus is progressing well; we are all really excited by what we are seeing. We have been constantly reviewing the games progress to ensure that we deliver a product that gamers and fans of the Metro series want and deserve, as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products. We want everyone to be able to experience what is the most ambitious Metro game to date at its absolute best and therefore we have taken the decision to move the release date to Q1 2019. We know that this will be disappointing news for fans that had hoped to play the game this year, but also know that you will appreciate the results that this additional development time and new release date will bring.

We would also like to take this opportunity to confirm that at E3 in June we will be revealing some brand new gameplay from a never before seen game environment for you to enjoy.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, we look forward to sharing more with you in June.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 18:27 Cutter

aka_STEVE wrote on May 16, 2018, 10:37:
This sucks , was looking forward to this. They have both been a solid, entertaining game.

Especially for fall. Oh well it's not that much of a delay.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 14:35 jacobvandy

Hopefully Todd Howard goes on stage again this year to announce something releasing a few months later.  

12. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 14:07 Creston

Damn, is there anything left that's going to be released in 2018? I guess we're all supposed to save up a thousand bucks for the billion games being released in Q1 2019...

11. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 13:40 4D-Boxing

Rhialto wrote on May 16, 2018, 12:22:
as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announcement responsible? Surely not, 2021 is so far vs Q1 2019. Just funny to read this quote the day after GSC's announcement.

Good observation! I immediately assumed that it was because of ray tracing, how demanding it is and how dx12 multi gpu support is handled. I can just imagine ray tracing + 4k hdr etc.

Guess, i'm old cause the cool people say sli/crossfire is a waste and server browsers are not needed. Started with UT99 voodoo 2 sli and still rockin dual gpu on my win7 rig lol.

Annoying day at work...don't mind my disjointed rambling

10. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 12:22 Rhialto

as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announcement responsible? Surely not, 2021 is so far vs Q1 2019. Just funny to read this quote the day after GSC's announcement.

9. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 12:08 CJ_Parker

Who cares? It'll come out. More than enuff other shit to play in the meantime.  

8. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 11:58 El Pit

Exodus: Movement of Jah people!

Sorry, Bob, no movement this year.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 11:23 RedEye9

Agent.X7 wrote on May 16, 2018, 10:54:
This sucks , was looking forward to this. They have both been a solid, entertaining game.

Agreed. I love the tight quarters underground and the paranoid feeling above ground.

Traversing the swamp while minding the Lobstrosities and scanning the skies in search of a diving dragon demons. good times

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

6. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 11:21 Beamer

The weird thing is, as I get older, I find myself not caring about delays in any way, shape, or form. I play so few games when they are released, and so few new to me games, period, that delays feel like good news for a better product, not bad news for a long wait.

Realizing that makes me feel really old.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 11:19 Prez

If it continues the greatness of the series I can wait.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 10:54 Agent.X7

Agreed. I love the tight quarters underground and the paranoid feeling above ground.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 10:51 RedEye9

Still looking forward to it, more time in the oven never hurts.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

2. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 10:49 Darks

Well, thats a bummer. but I guess its better to delay then push it out before its ready.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 10:37 aka_STEVE

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo