Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved

Deep Silver announces a delay to Shenmue III (thanks Siliconera). There's not much there besides the admission that the action/adventure sequel is due next year to provide additional polish:

Deep Silver today announce that their upcoming release Shenmue III has been moved and will now release in 2019.

The extra time will be used to polish the quality of the game even further, to the high standards it deserves and release the product in the best possible timeframe.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved May 16, 2018, 22:07 saluk

We've seen such little coming out about the game's development, and the last trailer was still quite rough. I never expected 2018 to happen.

This game is going to be another big disappointment, but I don't get too emotional about these things, so hopefully it's a disappointment I enjoy playing like Torment or Dreamfall were.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved May 16, 2018, 15:25 MattyC

If I was a backer this would probably worry me somewhat.

As someone who is just a series fan though? I have waited this long, what is another year?

2. Re: Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved May 16, 2018, 12:30 Prez

This project has seemed shady from the start. A kickstarer despite having publisher backing, the way the carrot was dangled in front of backers saying they need more money every time they reached their funding goal, the overall seemingly extremely small funding goals given the scope of a game like Shenmue and judging by what Shenmue 2 cost to make... It has just smelled off since it was first annoumced. Still, for the sake of long-suffering Shenmue fans I hope this game is good.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved May 16, 2018, 11:42 theglaze

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I remember from the previous two titles that Shenmue means "delayed release" in English  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo