Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development

A post on Facebook by Sergiy Grygorovych has an announcement from GSC Game World that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is in development (thanks Polygon). Or more correctly, back in development after a first go at the shooter sequel was put on indefinite hold back in 2012. There isn't much to go by yet, but there's a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Website offering a 2021 (2.0.2.1.) release window. Word is:

Today 15.05.2018 I officially declare:
"GSC GAME WORLD DEVELOPS S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2"

www.stalker2.com

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 17, 2018, 16:59 RedEye9

"why is this games acronym so many"
Short answer, why not.

Long answer;
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for "Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, Robbers".
But
If you take every letter and convert it to its numerical value in the alphabet, then sum the results it totals 86. The Chernobyl nuclear power plant catastrophe occurred in 1986.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 19:23 MyRealName

Possibly for copyright reasons (if that is a concern in this circumstance), to differentiate from the Tarkovsky movie of the same title, or the book on which that is based (Roadside Picnic). Not sure, but that would be my assumption.

High hopes this comes to be at a level of quality to match the original.

14. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 18:21 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on May 16, 2018, 01:17:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2018, 20:41:
W.H.Y. D.O.E.S. T.H.I.S. G.A.M.E. H.A.V.E. S.O. M.A.N.Y. A.B.B.R.E.V.I.A.T.I.O.N.S?!

It's an acronym, not an abbreviation. Learn the difference. >:O

Okay. Anyhow, the question still stands.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 12:48 Rhialto

VaranDragon wrote on May 16, 2018, 03:10:
Battle Royale mode announcement in:3...2...1...
That's some other ex-GSC guys, they are already working on it and it's called FTW.

12. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 09:59 Prez

Well this is kind of exciting. The STALKER games are fantastic. Looking forward to more information!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 03:10 VaranDragon

Battle Royale mode announcement in:3...2...1...  

10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 02:03 El Pit

ForgedReality wrote on May 16, 2018, 01:17:
W.H.Y. D.O.E.S. T.H.I.S. G.A.M.E. H.A.V.E. S.O. M.A.N.Y. A.B.B.R.E.V.I.A.T.I.O.N.S?!

I.A.A.N.A.A.L.T.D. >:O

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 01:17 ForgedReality

8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 16, 2018, 00:29 born2expire

YESS!!!! finally something to look forward to!  

7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 22:11 Rhialto

Caladell wrote on May 15, 2018, 19:32:
Cautiously optimistic about this...
ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2018, 21:11:
Not much excites me nowadays(in gaming), but this does. I hope it's the real deal.
THIS, BOTH.

6. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 21:50 Bumpy

Having been blessed with their previous excellence, it's going to be a real challenge to capture and create that same Stalker goodness.

My largest fear, like so many games, is that it will be console crippled in design.

5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 21:31 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on May 15, 2018, 20:33:
Is this from the actual guys who made the original Stalker, or is this from that gangle of clowns who pretended like they were somehow allowed to make a Stalker game, and steal its art etc, a few years back?

Nah, Sergiy is THE guy at GSC Game World. I don't remember the specifics, but I believe it was 100% his decision to put the sequel on hold back in the day and nobody could do anything about it because he owns everything. So the studio shut down and the rest of the guys went on to form their own and do Survarium (2018 me feels sorry for 2012 me hoping that'd be any good, lol). The clowns who took to Kickstarter in '14 trying to scam $50k for a spiritual successor were a whole different circus.

4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 21:11 ItBurn

Not much excites me nowadays(in gaming), but this does. I hope it's the real deal.  

3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 20:41 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 20:33 Creston

Is this from the actual guys who made the original Stalker, or is this from that gangle of clowns who pretended like they were somehow allowed to make a Stalker game, and steal its art etc, a few years back?  

1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 19:32 Caladell

Cautiously optimistic about this...  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo