Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Phoenix Point Delayed

A post on the Phoenix Point Blog has word from Snapshot Games CEO Julian Gollop that the release of Phoenix Point is being delayed until June of 2019. The father of X-COM admits that progress on the crowdfunded strategy game is slower than he wanted, but they are committed to creating "a game with high production values that will make a huge splash on launch." Here's the announcement:

When we launched our crowdfunding campaign for Phoenix Point in May 2017, we hoped that the game would be well received. But what has happened since has been phenomenal, with increasingly strong pre-orders and great press coverage. People’s expectations are higher, our team is growing, and Phoenix Point has become a bigger game. In order to realise this potential we need to push back the target release date to June 2019.

I believe we can create a game with high production values that will make a huge splash on launch. In order to achieve this we need to continue to expand the team and maintain our focus on quality. To be honest, this has been a slower process than I wanted, but I felt that we needed the best talent that we could find. I am glad to say that we now have 35 great developers in our Sofia studio, and as a consequence of our recent, excellent exposure we are attracting offers of help from game developers around the world.

For our backers who have pre-ordered the luxury digital edition we will commit to a new Backer Build at least once every two months up to the point of release.

I hope you will support our decision, which I believe is in the best long term interests of the game, and on behalf of the whole team we would like to thank all our backers for their support and faith in our vision for this ambitious and exciting project.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 16, 2018, 20:22 GothicWizard

I saw video of people playing the Alpha, read about it. It seems I am the one in the minority that this game does not do anything for me. Odd since I have hundreds of hrs in XCom 1 and 2. I suppose it is just the setting, I find it off putting and just to odd. Like of mix of Wasteland and XCom 2. Just does not interest me at all, just to weird for my taste I suppose.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 16:42 Cutter

Too bad, really looking forward to this.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

7. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 15:27 Quinn

This game was on my Facebook news page every 2 scrolls down for half a year now. The first 4 months I thought it was false advertisement for a garbage mobile game, until I gave it a good look.

Been looking forward to it ever since.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 14:05 Creston

Prez wrote on May 15, 2018, 13:16:
I really want this kickstarer to succeed but I just can't bring myself to use kickstarer again. Too many shady or mismanaged projects have just soured me on the concept, which is a real shame, because in the beginning kickstarer resulted in us getting great games that the big publishers lost interest in long ago.

kickstarer?

5. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 14:04 Creston

Noooooo...  

4. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 13:16 Prez

I really want this kickstarer to succeed but I just can't bring myself to use kickstarer again. Too many shady or mismanaged projects have just soured me on the concept, which is a real shame, because in the beginning kickstarer resulted in us getting great games that the big publishers lost interest in long ago.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not really surprised, and the in-game footage released so far has looked excellent. I'll wait; tons of stuff to play in the meantime.

Disclaimer: I did back this Kickstarter/Fig or whatever it was.

2. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 11:20 J

As a backer, and a big fan, I'm okay with this.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

1. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 11:14 VaranDragon

Damn, was hoping to play it this year. Now I gotta make it to 2019...*sigh*  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo