Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE 2 Announce Trailer

Following the leak mentioned below, Bethesda Softworks now offers the official RAGE 2 announce trailer, showing off a sequel to the vehicular first-person shooter. The cinematic provides a taste, but a trailer showing actual gameplay is expected tomorrow, as word is: "The official gameplay reveal for RAGE 2 will release right here tomorrow, May 15. Stay tuned for more information about the return of the wild world of RAGE." In the meantime, there's a new RAGE 2 section on Bethesda.net which offers the following blurb: "Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. RAGE 2 brings together a true open world FPS experience where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything." Interestingly, none of this bears any mention of id Software, developer of the original RAGE from 2010, and according to Kotaku, the developer on the sequel will be Avalanche Studios.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 15, 2018, 07:48 Beamer

DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2018, 23:09:
StingingVelvet wrote on May 14, 2018, 17:40:
id is surely making Doom 2, considering how well the original went over.

DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2018, 16:40:
Borderlands 3 will once again curb stomp this franchise.

Very different games IMO. Borderlands was all about loot, coop and mindless shooting. RAGE was more a traditional FPS with RPG-like hub areas. I didn't like Borderlands much at all (I hate loot games and never play online) but I liked RAGE.

I find they have similar tone to each other.

RAGE was okay but really lacking in content compared to Borderlands. RAGE ended so abruptly it felt unfinished, you finally get to "bad ass" level of weapons and they only have that one end mission where you duke it out with the elite troops.

We'll see what they come up with for RAGE 2 but after the mess Bethesda made of Wolfenstein I don't hold out much hope.

The new Wolfenstein is pretty much universally praised. Did you get angry that you weren't killing "hoardes" of brown people, since you apparently think that was what ww2 was about?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2018, 03:38 Mordecai Walfish

Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2018, 23:07:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 14, 2018, 17:48:
This trailer is fucking terrible. So bad, that I wonder if they just slapped it together between the time that wal-mart listing appeared and today.

I have a feeling we'll all be feeling a bit nostalgic for the "good ol' Rage" when this turd ships, if it is anything like this steaming pile of cliche' garbage trailer.

Since when has any game ever been anything like its live-action teaser trailer..?

I just mean the tacked on 'tude and corny vibe that it had. might have great mechanics but if everyone is just post-apocalyptic anarchist dude-bros I dont think it will hold my interest for long.

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

16. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 15, 2018, 02:52 heroin

I played RAGE years after the release initially put off by all the grumps out there. It was a pretty awesome game just a bit too linear. Some of the locations and characters were awesome and the combat I remember thinking was a lot of fun. Mad Max was like RAGE (in my opinion) an awesomely OK game. Unlike RAGE in being a little bland in being linear, Mad Max was a little bland in that the world was open but not in a very interesting way - I remember it being sort of like an Ubisoft game but even more repetitively boring. Hopefully, Avalanche can find the right balance but either way, I will disregard that trailer and look forward to playing it.  

15. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 23:09 DangerDog

StingingVelvet wrote on May 14, 2018, 17:40:

Very different games IMO. Borderlands was all about loot, coop and mindless shooting. RAGE was more a traditional FPS with RPG-like hub areas. I didn't like Borderlands much at all (I hate loot games and never play online) but I liked RAGE.

I find they have similar tone to each other.

RAGE was okay but really lacking in content compared to Borderlands. RAGE ended so abruptly it felt unfinished, you finally get to "bad ass" level of weapons and they only have that one end mission where you duke it out with the elite troops.

We'll see what they come up with for RAGE 2 but after the mess Bethesda made of Wolfenstein I don't hold out much hope.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2018, 23:07 Jerykk

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 14, 2018, 17:48:
This trailer is fucking terrible. So bad, that I wonder if they just slapped it together between the time that wal-mart listing appeared and today.

I have a feeling we'll all be feeling a bit nostalgic for the "good ol' Rage" when this turd ships, if it is anything like this steaming pile of cliche' garbage trailer.

Since when has any game ever been anything like its live-action teaser trailer..?

Xero wrote on May 14, 2018, 15:07:
I'm shocked that Avalanche never did any add-on DLC content for Max Mad. I mean serious content, not just stupid skins/weapon. I loved that game. Had a blast beating it and trying to get 100% completion.

I'm not sure if I care about a FPS Mad Max but they are the right team to do it.

It's not like they had any say in the matter. WB published the game and decided what, if any, post-release support the game would receive.

13. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 19:41 bigspender

What's the bet this will be battle-royal mad max style?  

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2018, 18:33 OpticNerve

I was initially "meh" about the announcement but once I read that it's being developed by Avalanche Studios, I'm now quite interested. Their Mad Max game was a lot of fun and it makes a lot of sense that Bethesda would get them to work on Rage 2.

This teaser is crap though.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2018, 17:48 Mordecai Walfish

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

10. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 17:47 Agent.X7

The only thing that made me RAGE was the God Awful MEGA-TEXTURES!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 17:40 StingingVelvet

8. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 17:02 eRe4s3r

That trailer has cringe factor at 11  

7. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 16:40 DangerDog

6. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 15:21 aka_STEVE

Yeah , basically Mad Max 1.5 ?

That's not necessarily a bad thing since Mad Max was a pretty decent offering from out of nowhere ,...so... maybe this will also be at least 1/2 way alright too.

5. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 15:16 Task

Welp I was wrong, its Avalance eh.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 15:07 Xero

I'm shocked that Avalanche never did any add-on DLC content for Max Mad. I mean serious content, not just stupid skins/weapon. I loved that game. Had a blast beating it and trying to get 100% completion.

I'm not sure if I care about a FPS Mad Max but they are the right team to do it.

3. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 13:49 jacobvandy

SlimRam wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:30:
"Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. RAGE 2 brings together a true open world FPS experience where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything."
So they mean it's going to be almost exactly like 'Mad Max' the game in almost every way, seeing as Avalanche made 'Mad Max' the game, except it will be a FPS?

Gotcha.

That's fine by me!

2. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 13:30 SlimRam

"Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. RAGE 2 brings together a true open world FPS experience where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything."
So they mean it's going to be almost exactly like 'Mad Max' the game in almost every way, seeing as Avalanche made 'Mad Max' the game, except it will be a FPS?

Gotcha.

1. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 13:23 jdreyer

I hate announce trailers. Give me the gameplay trailer already.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo