Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE 2 Video Leak?

Variety has a capture from a RAGE 2 video that leaked onto the leaky internet last night before being taken down. This is an augmented live-action affair that shows a return to the Mad Max-style apocalyptic setting of the original RAGE. Bethesda has already given indications the sequel will be announced today, so this will probably be officially released soon enough.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 15:13 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:54:
HorrorScope wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:28:
Darks wrote on May 14, 2018, 11:12:
Just as long as it has Coop. Ill be OK with it.

I know you're a coop guy like I am, have you tried Styx Shards of Darkness? I'm going through that now and I'm surprised how good it is in coop. Gives a nice unique feeling vs the rest of our coop games.

Yes, I have. I like the game but its a bit annoying when you get caught and your combat ability is next to none. Kind of sours the experience that you dont have much of a chance to fight them off.

Yes he's defenseless, flee. He can offensively kill unsuspecting directly or indirectly via traps. I'm ok with that because if he could kill in hand to hand, then it would lose a lot of the stealth aspect, I'll just strong arm the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 14:38 SMITE

I played it again not that long ago and I think it holds up very well. It got a lot of (deserved) heat on release for texture bugs, etc, but the patched version--with the color correction mod to get rid of those stupid level tints--was a lot of fun to play. Nice art design, meaty gunplay, and the vehicular combat wasn't bad either. Still looks better than Fallout 4.  

18. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:54 Darks

HorrorScope wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:28:

I know you're a coop guy like I am, have you tried Styx Shards of Darkness? I'm going through that now and I'm surprised how good it is in coop. Gives a nice unique feeling vs the rest of our coop games.

Yes, I have. I like the game but its a bit annoying when you get caught and your combat ability is next to none. Kind of sours the experience that you dont have much of a chance to fight them off.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

17. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:28 HorrorScope

16. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:27 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:00:
That was a garbage video, but apparently they will have a gameplay video tomorrow. The actual Mad Max guys are involved. (Avalanche.)

Hopefully it's not Avalanche's A team, because I want those guys to be doing Just Cause 4...

That's good to know about Avalanche, I did enjoy Mad Max. The one thing that stuck out as feeling good was driving in first person, the way the engine sounded that way and the view, it really reminded me of some racing around in my youth.

15. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:01 El Pit

Digitalfiends wrote on May 14, 2018, 12:36:
El Pit wrote on May 14, 2018, 10:09:
Looks like Mad Max but with all the colors of the 1980s.

Mad Max was the 80s

But not that many neon colors were featured!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

14. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:00 Creston

That was a garbage video, but apparently they will have a gameplay video tomorrow. The actual Mad Max guys are involved. (Avalanche.)

Hopefully it's not Avalanche's A team, because I want those guys to be doing Just Cause 4...

13. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 12:36 Digitalfiends

El Pit wrote on May 14, 2018, 10:09:

Mad Max was the 80s

12. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 12:28 Task

Beamer wrote on May 14, 2018, 10:11:
Bethesda logo, not id, correct (I may have missed it.)

Supports my theory that id isn't going near this and it's being farmed off to a lesser dev. Which isn't necessarily bad, few people loved Rage so a new team may be able to bring in new ideas and take different risks.

Id did too well with Doom, I think, to revisit this. Maybe had Doom not done well, but Doom was kind of explosive. Hard to imagine them stepping back to a dead end after that. But what do I know, devs and publishers do weird things.

But the Doom 4 trailers had Bethesda on them. Its how they market as a publisher.

My guess is that new-iD is making this since they made Doom 4. What else would they be working on? Doom 5? I'd think they would want to do something else besides Doom.

Beth publisher umbrella:
Machine Games - Works on Wolfenstein only at this point and Quake
iD Software - Doom 4
Arcane Studios - Dishonored and Prey

If I'm wrong, I guess we'll know soon.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

11. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 11:12 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 11:11 HorrorScope

The human models in the trailer look pretty good, approaching uncanny valley but still quite not there.  

9. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 11:05 RedEye9

I just remembered why I never finished Rage, the cheesy racing portion.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

8. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 11:01 Burrito of Peace

I'm kind of digging it. It clearly isn't taking itself seriously which is a refreshing change from the current crop of deadly earnest FPS games.

I'll wait to see the gameplay trailer tomorrow but I am at least mildly interested.

7. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:24 Xero

I don't get all the hate Rage gets. So much is made about it's graphics and yet it has plenty of eye candy moments from what I remembered. Sure, it had some low res textures but you act like other games do not.

The game play also wasn't that bad. Pretty standard FPS and for the time it came out it was pretty on par with everything else. Granted I didn't play it enough like I should have but that was mostly because my backlog is so crazy that it always pulled me away.

6. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:14 RedEye9

JINORU wrote on May 14, 2018, 10:07:
And its live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Gameplay Trailer tomorrow
thanks

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

5. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:13 El Pit

Beamer wrote on May 14, 2018, 10:11:

Supports my theory that id isn't going near this and it's being farmed off to a lesser dev. Which isn't necessarily bad, few people loved Rage so a new team may be able to bring in new ideas and take different risks.

Id did too well with Doom, I think, to revisit this. Maybe had Doom not done well, but Doom was kind of explosive. Hard to imagine them stepping back to a dead end after that. But what do I know, devs and publishers do weird things.

I wouldn't mind getting Rage II and New Doom II, thank you very much!

4. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:12 Nucas

looks ridiculous, but really any kind of change would be an improvement on the original rage.  

3. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:11 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:09 El Pit

1. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:07 JINORU

And its live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Gameplay Trailer tomorrow

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo