Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is now available, offering Obsidian's RPG sequel for Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can pick up a copy from developer Obsidian Entertainment, publisher Versus Evil, and etailers like GOG.com and Steam. There are also a physical copies to be had through online purchases as well as what they are calling "stores." The launch trailer introduces the game, and here's word on the release:

Obsidian Entertainment, developer of genre-defining role-playing games, in partnership with powerhouse publisher Versus Evil, today announced the launch of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Role playing fans will rejoice in Obsidian's continued success in creating a rich and compelling narrative delivered in the grandest of RPGs. Deadfire's deep progression mechanics, enhanced companion system, tactical combat and new exploration across land and sea, is an upgrade from this multi-award winning RPG studio.

"Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is the first sequel we’ve made to one of our own games. Building on the incredible foundation of the first Pillars of Eternity, we’ve been able to create an even more dynamic world with systems such as our open world approach to the Deadfire,” said Obsidian Entertainment CEO, Feargus Urquhart. “What's been even more gratifying is the incredible support our community has given us over the years. Without them we would not have been able to create this amazing RPG.”

“Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire exemplifies the sheer dedication and passion from the team at Obsidian Entertainment in crafting what will surely be one of the biggest RPG’s in 2018,” said Steve Escalante, Versus Evil’s General Manager, “Today, fans of the studio and the original game will be able to experience all the improvements, additions and upgrades to this classic RPG. We’re very excited to help realize Obsidian’s vision with their release today and look forward to seeing RPG fans around the world explore the Deadfire!”

View
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 03:59 StingingVelvet

Icewind wrote on May 9, 2018, 02:38:
i played a pre-release reviewer's build starting last month for the site I write for and after a 50 hour playthrough I only experienced a very minor bug with a NPC who was supposed to be "gone" suddenly appearing on my ship and bringing up old dialog and a CTD once while exiting the game. Nothing major. A few graphical glitches here and there but that's more of my fault for running year old nvidia drivers.

Overall, it's probably the most stable game they've launched. Which admittedly, doesn't mean much, but still.

I've honestly never had major bug issues with Obsidian games, which people always give me the stink eye for. I probably rarely play on release day though, I'm just not someone who chooses what to play based on newness. I did play New Vegas right away though and the only bugs I had were some enemies stuck in the ground.

Anyway, subjective experience is subjective. It's just a shame Obsidian is known as a bug factory when I personally have never experienced that.

Replaying PoE1 now, then I'll play something different, then PoE2. Looking forward to it!

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 8, 22:34 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Darks
  2. May 8, 22:40 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released heroin
  3. May 8, 22:41  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Frijoles
  17. May 9, 14:34   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Leper
  4. May 8, 23:06 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released CJ_Parker
  5. May 9, 00:28  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released NamecaF
  13. May 9, 09:47   Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Kajetan
  6. May 9, 02:38  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Icewind
>> 7. May 9, 03:59   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released StingingVelvet
  9. May 9, 07:48    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released yonder
  11. May 9, 08:27    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Creston
  8. May 9, 07:47  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released yonder
  14. May 9, 10:33  Re: Bus Simulator 18 Departing Ahead of Schedule purecharger
  10. May 9, 08:24 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Task
  12. May 9, 09:36  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Nucas
  18. May 9, 14:40   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Task
  15. May 9, 11:54 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released Frijoles
  16. May 9, 12:57  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released eRe4s3r

footer

Blue's News logo