Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Conan Exiles Launches

Funcom announces the official release of Conan Exiles for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. In a sign of the times, the note that the survival game has already sold more than one million copies through early access. They offer this launch trailer to celebrate the occasion, showing off how the game evolved over the course of beta testing, and this post on the official website discusses this as well, offering an infographic detailing the process. Here's word:

The Barbarian has arrived! The whole team at Funcom is proud and excited to announce that Conan Exiles, the open world survival game set in the savage lands of Conan the Barbarian, successfully launched today on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4! A major launch update went out across all platforms, introducing massive new areas to the game world as well as bringing the game up from Early Access to the launch build on PC and Xbox One. Funcom also announced today that the game has sold over one million copies even before today’s launch.

How much has Conan Exiles changed through Early Access?
Conan Exiles has seen massive changes, additions, and improvements throughout its Early Access phase. The size of the game world has more than doubled, dozens of new features and mechanics have been added, and huge amounts of new content has made it into the game. Today’s launch version introduces the new Swamp and Volcano biomes, and finally introduces the up-to-date version of the new Purge gameplay where monsters will attack and try to bring down your base.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 9, 2018, 23:59 jdreyer

SacredGinmill wrote on May 8, 2018, 19:14:

The survival aspects are a bit weak. After an hour, you will figure out how to never starve if you don't want to.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 9, 2018, 10:25 GinRummy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 8, 2018, 10:23:
The trailer narrator sounds like he's a Russian trying to fake a British accent.

To me he sounds like an Australian who is try to NOT sound like an Australian but failing.

17. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 9, 2018, 08:18 Darks

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 8, 2018, 22:43:
It has a single player mode where you don't need internet.

The survival aspects are a bit weak. After an hour, you will figure out how to never starve if you don't want to.
I haven't tested the temperature aspects yet.
Just like in real life. Hunger and thirst shouldnt be an issue over the long future. That makes the game boring and tedious.

Does the single player have a story, or is it just survive and explore?

On my server that crap is turned way down to a minimum. I agree, I hate having to always worry about eating and drinking to survive. I've also turned down a lot of other things to make the game more fun.

I have 10 spot open on my server for anyone thats wants to play.

On, the other comment about this game being pvp, no its not. there are a lot of things to do that are pve related, hidden instances to fight bosses. its more of an mmo then you are giving it credit. especially after the new patches over the past few months.

Go into my profile and email me if you want on.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

16. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 23:16 Jerykk

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 8, 2018, 22:43:

Just like in real life. Hunger and thirst shouldnt be an issue over the long future. That makes the game boring and tedious.

Just survive and explore. It's really meant to be a PvP sandbox. The PvE is just there for people who want to build and not have to worry about other players.

It's kind of baffling that there hasn't been a proper, single-player, open-world Conan RPG yet.

15. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 22:43 Muscular Beaver

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

14. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 22:37 Ant

I still need to try Age of Conan.  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

13. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 20:08 Darks

Cutter wrote on May 8, 2018, 18:01:
Darks wrote on May 8, 2018, 13:21:
fawker wrote on May 8, 2018, 12:44:
Darks wrote on May 8, 2018, 10:48:

There are three mods that are active, look in the workshop and install these three mods.

hidden_hats
LitMan Item Stack & Container Size
LitMan Weight

In this order, the way Exiles works for mods they have to be placed in this order how they are on the server side.

yeah that's not a pain in the ass or anything

Its not, and your making it sound like it is, how about trying it first before complaining about it.

The Workshop is built in to the game, its very easy to get the mods.

It is that they have to be in order. That's just ridiculous.

Yes, and trust me, its not as bad as you think, the way the interface works makes it a few clicks and your done.

12. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 19:14 SacredGinmill

11. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 18:08 StingingVelvet

How survival/crafting/online is this versus RPG/exploration/offline? The store page says you can play locally, which I assumes means no internet required?  

10. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 18:01 Cutter

Darks wrote on May 8, 2018, 13:21:

There are three mods that are active, look in the workshop and install these three mods.

hidden_hats
LitMan Weight

In this order, the way Exiles works for mods they have to be placed in this order how they are on the server side.

Its not, and your making it sound like it is, how about trying it first before complaining about it.

It is that they have to be in order. That's just ridiculous.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

9. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 14:53 Fion

Game looks pretty awesome. I won't be getting it right away, but it's definitely on my list of games to pick up.  

8. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 13:22 Darks

ItBurn wrote on May 8, 2018, 12:46:
Is this game any fun in PVE with a friend?

Yes, it is IT. its a pretty nice game, and all the new stuff that got added over the past few months has made the game even better.

7. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 13:21 Darks

hidden_hats
LitMan Weight

6. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 12:46 ItBurn

Is this game any fun in PVE with a friend?  

5. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 12:44 fawker

hidden_hats
LitMan Weight

4. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 10:56 El Pit

The trailer narrator sounds like he's a Russian trying to fake a British accent.

Crrrom!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 10:48 Darks

My Coop PVE server is up.

Darks Coop
172.106.131.130:45300

hidden_hats
LitMan Weight

btw, the mods may not be working yet until they are updated, but these will still need to be installed and used until they start working again.

In the options for mods in the game, you will see, it will show you the current order.

There is a password on the server, so please email me for the password.

Ill be on at some point today, but anyone getting on, do whatever you like. there are three games being released today. This one, POE II Deadfire and Destiny 2 Mars add on.

So, I'm going to be all over the place today.

2. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 10:38 VaranDragon

Thats how they speak in Hyboria.

1. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 10:23 BIGtrouble77

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo