Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Here's the new list of last week's bestselling games on Steam. Remember, this is for entertainment purposes only. Please, no wagering:

1. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  2. Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia
  3. Frostpunk
  4. Stardew Valley
  5. The Forest
  6. BATTLETECH
  7. NieR:Automata
  8. Far Cry 5
  9. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  10. Beat Saber
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 14:46 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2018, 13:30:
Sepharo wrote on May 7, 2018, 12:36:
Ozmodan wrote on May 7, 2018, 09:18:
funny how many of the pubg players eventually migrate to fortnite.

Seems like all the major streamers, except for ninja of course, have actually taken the opposite trajectory. They've returned to PUBG because encountering a skilled player in Fortnite is few and far between, it's boring for them. Personally I just couldn't get into the spam building which is basically required if you want to play at a high level.

Fortnite is also totally overrun with kids. PUBG is overrun with cheaters. Not sure which is worse.

The "overrun with cheaters" thing is so overstated. I play pretty frequently, and I watch people play even more frequently... I haven't run into cheaters for months (and even then it was just one guy I saw teleporting, and long before that one guy I saw speed hacking)... I've never seen a streamer encounter a hacker.
The other game that people complain about hackers all the time... CS, I've been playing for almost 19 years and have only seen a handful of cheaters. That's not to say they're not there... it's just not that common to encounter them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2018, 14:19 Mordecai Walfish

Seems like all the major streamers, except for ninja of course, have actually taken the opposite trajectory. They've returned to PUBG because encountering a skilled player in Fortnite is few and far between, it's boring for them. Personally I just couldn't get into the spam building which is basically required if you want to play at a high level.

The spam building is what kills it for me. It's just not an engaging gameplay mechanic IMO, and I do not see any draw in becoming good at it to excel in this game. All battle royale games seem like half-made games up to this point, or are thrown into a game that wasnt originally designed for them as a me-too piggybacking on the current trend.

Still waiting for a developer that knows how to make/finish a decent game in this genre, as I have not seen one yet.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 13:30 jdreyer

Fortnite is also totally overrun with kids. PUBG is overrun with cheaters. Not sure which is worse.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 12:50 JayDeath

Frost Punk is pretty good even though I can't through day 5 without losing more than half my people. It's kinda tough but fun.  

Steam: BenRichards

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 12:36 Sepharo

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 09:18 Ozmodan

8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 20:03 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:43:
HoSpanky wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:34:
Woowoo Beat Saber! Always nice to see a VR game get in the top sellers list.

Indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw

For those curious It's a hardcore workout if you get into it.

This is a great game... EA title, hopefully with more content (10 songs atm) coming, and very few (but non-impacting) bugs...

My only complaint is that, being 6'3", the parts where you have to duck are too damn low... My daughter barely has to duck : )

I'm now at a point where the 'Hard' setting for almost all songs is a bit too easy, but the 'Expert' settings are still too hard/fast... I'll keep doing it daily on Hard for a while though : )

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 17:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on May 6, 2018, 15:50:
BattleTech is awesome. I've put in 50+ hours so far and it has led to that "just one more turn" addiction kicking in. Oh well. Sleep is for the weak... Wink

I'm a little surprised that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire isn't on the list in the week leading up to its release (May 8th). Maybe the Avellone effect?

While there, make sure to check his posts in the comments thread.
Wow. If all that shit is true then me jokingly calling Obsidian "Obshittian" sometimes doesn't cut it. It's a euphemism!

Ugh, what a horribly depressing thread. I assume a lot of companies are like this though, really. It's just human nature to have some assholes and scammers scattered throughout an organization at most levels, including leadership/ownership.

Still, we'll find out in a few days if any of that trickled down to the actual game to negatively effect anything. I assume most game studios, aside from maybe Blizzard, have this level of tension and competing drives (creative/technical/financial).

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 15:50 CJ_Parker

BattleTech is awesome. I've put in 50+ hours so far and it has led to that "just one more turn" addiction kicking in. Oh well. Sleep is for the weak... Wink

I'm a little surprised that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire isn't on the list in the week leading up to its release (May 8th). Maybe the Avellone effect?

While there, make sure to check his posts in the comments thread.
Wow. If all that shit is true then me jokingly calling Obsidian "Obshittian" sometimes doesn't cut it. It's a euphemism!

5. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode May 6, 2018, 15:35 jdreyer

Kajetan wrote on May 6, 2018, 15:23:
VaranDragon wrote on May 6, 2018, 14:15:
Go Battletech! Considering that its being sold on GOG as well, these are impressive numbers.
According to a Reddit AMA Harebrained is VERY happy with the first week.

SWEEEET. That means at least a couple of expansions. Couldn't happen to a better game or a better developer. HBS is good peeps.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode May 6, 2018, 15:23 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on May 6, 2018, 14:15:
Go Battletech! Considering that its being sold on GOG as well, these are impressive numbers.
According to a Reddit AMA Harebrained is VERY happy with the first week.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 14:15 VaranDragon

2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 13:43 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:34:

Indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw

For those curious It's a hardcore workout if you get into it.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 13:34 HoSpanky

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >