Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4

IGN reports some comments on Activision's plans for the PC edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 from a recent earnings call. Activision Blizzard president and COO Coddy Johnson talked with investors about the upcoming military shooter sequel, saying this "is a game that will push the envelope with innovation." He also spoke of their increased focus on the PC edition, saying the company has "invested significant dedicated resources to ensure we can deliver a great PC game."
View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Activision Devoting May 7, 2018, 13:18 Rigs

SpectralMeat wrote on May 7, 2018, 06:07:
I don't think CoD sells so well on the PC.

Apparently it sells enough to warrant them putting a PC release out. I mean, we beg *Rockstar to release RDR on PC and they refuse yet Activision puts out CoD on PC every single year.

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Activision Devoting May 7, 2018, 06:07 SpectralMeat

Rigs wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:33:
RedEye9 wrote on May 6, 2018, 12:08:
Rigs wrote on May 6, 2018, 11:59:
When a new CoD comes out, it breaks sales records ...
That's all that matters. To want and/or expect Activision to do anything different is pure folly.

That's the thing, I don't expect them to change. I expect the game buying public, ie US to wake up and not buy this garbage every year. Then Activision will squirm. If sales are the only thing they listen to, then we have to crash sales and not buy...

=-Rigs-=
I don't think CoD sells so well on the PC.

Steam: SpectralMeat

24. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 17:25 fawker

Rigs wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:33:
That's all that matters. To want and/or expect Activision to do anything different is pure folly.

That's the thing, I don't expect them to change. I expect the game buying public, ie US to wake up and not buy this garbage every year. Then Activision will squirm. If sales are the only thing they listen to, then we have to crash sales and not buy...

=-Rigs-=

That's not going to happen.

23. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 13:33 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

22. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 12:08 RedEye9

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

21. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 11:59 Rigs

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2018, 06:34:
Is it really bad for the industry, though? Would the disappearance of CoD really change anything at all? Not really, no. If CoD disappeared, it's not like Activision would suddenly start making interesting games. There was a time when CoD was highly influential but that time has long since past. PUBG and Fortnite are the most influential games right now which is why we're seeing so many Battle Royale games and modes popping up.

To you, they may not be but you're no longer the target audience, you're not a 'filthy casual with a console'. CoD has boiled everything down to the lowest denominator for the suits. When a new CoD comes out, it breaks sales records and is featured on the nightly news. The suits see that and say, 'More of the same, please!', and that's how CoD got a yearly schedule in the first place. Instead of innovating, instead of being creative, the newest idea they could come up with was, 'oh, we'll go back to WW2, they'll never see that comin'! We'll beat Battlefield to the punch and rake it in!' and they did. Which is BAD. They don't see the consumers as people needing something new, they see them as junkies needing their yearly fix.

It needs to change. Activision needs to see that we're not going to go all googly-eyes whenever they roll out another derivative CoD every year. And it looks like it isn't going to be this year because the hype-train left the station a long time ago.

=-Rigs-=

20. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 06:34 Jerykk

Rigs wrote on May 6, 2018, 02:53:
Freddie wrote on May 6, 2018, 02:12:
All these negative comments...but you all know CoD:BO4 will be in the top 5 selling games of 2018. It happens every year so I doubt Activision really care what any of you all think here

Hence the negative comments. We're not making them because we're jealous and/or envious of Activision's success, we're calling them out because it's bad for the gaming industry as a whole. Every year they trot out some new whizbang 'feature' meant to impress us but all it does is expose how shallow the series has become and how little they truly respect their playerbase. I think the absolute worst example of this was the dog in Ghosts. And for all that, it was still the worst CoD release yet and has had it's slobbering chops handed to them by Fallout 4 and Far Cry 5 since...

=-Rigs-=

Is it really bad for the industry, though? Would the disappearance of CoD really change anything at all? Not really, no. If CoD disappeared, it's not like Activision would suddenly start making interesting games. There was a time when CoD was highly influential but that time has long since past. PUBG and Fortnite are the most influential games right now which is why we're seeing so many Battle Royale games and modes popping up.

19. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 04:19 fawker

The best one being "DOGS!"  

18. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 02:53 Rigs

Freddie wrote on May 6, 2018, 02:12:
All these negative comments...but you all know CoD:BO4 will be in the top 5 selling games of 2018. It happens every year so I doubt Activision really care what any of you all think here

Hence the negative comments. We're not making them because we're jealous and/or envious of Activision's success, we're calling them out because it's bad for the gaming industry as a whole. Every year they trot out some new whizbang 'feature' meant to impress us but all it does is expose how shallow the series has become and how little they truly respect their playerbase. I think the absolute worst example of this was the dog in Ghosts. And for all that, it was still the worst CoD release yet and has had it's slobbering chops handed to them by Fallout 4 and Far Cry 5 since...

=-Rigs-=

17. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 02:12 Freddie

16. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 01:08 ItBurn

They wouldn't say otherwise even if it was the opposite.  

15. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 22:56 DangerDog

PREORDERED!  

14. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 22:49 thecakeisalie

Are they still using the same copy-pasta assets and engine? I haven't bought a CoD rehash in years.

13. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 18:57 CJ_Parker

Avus wrote on May 5, 2018, 17:09:
more loot crate tech for the PC version??

Yep.

And MEGA-META-ALGORITHMS-OF-EPICNESS that will plug straight into your brain to make you purchase shit you don't even want.

12. Re: Op Ed May 5, 2018, 17:13 LibertyOrDeath

Good to hear!:)  

11. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 17:09 Avus

more loot crate tech for the PC version??  

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

10. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 17:00 Slick

I can't wait to see their magnificent 12-man Battle Royale servers on the expansive NukeTown map though ^_^  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

9. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 16:53 RedEye9

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 5, 2018, 16:01:
If I ate 2 pounds of ex-lax I could produce a product about the same quality as this shit
And less watered down. yeesh

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

8. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 16:49 Slick

They sound pretty serious.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

7. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 16:25 fawker

Heard this all before, many cod sequels.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >