Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Hoping to get out to see the Avengers movie today. As I mentioned, MrsBlue is on board with this, so the idea is to get there before hitting the inevitable Internet spoilers. But we're also wary of too many kids at a Sunday matinee, so we'll have to see how up we are for this later.

R.I.P.: Larry Harvey Dead- Co-Founder of Burning Man Was 70.

Avenged Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Slightly Annoying Traffic.
Stories: Missing Oregon trucker emerges from wilderness after 4 days. Thanks ViperFour.
ĎAvengers: Infinity Warí Closes in on All-Time Domestic Weekend Record.
Science: There Is an Area of Plastic in the Ocean Thatís Three Times the Size of France. This 23-Year-Old Thinks He Can Clean It Up. Thanks RedEye9.
Media: How Mr and Mrs Gock saved the Kumara.
Monaco Grand Prix 1962 - HQ 70mm footage - Flying Clipper.
Running of the Bulldogs.
Follow-up: NASA to replace cracked heat shield in time for Mars 2020 rover launch. Thanks RedEye9.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 17:50 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 17:27:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 16:04:
That Monaco GP footage from 62 is fantastic. It's from a german Blu-ray I picked up almost immediately after watching that.

Yeah, that was really cool. In addition to that BRD, I'd like to suggest a couple of other legacy racing media titles:

Grand Prix Legends, created by Papyrus. You can race the wingless cigar cars shown in the video (although 1967 season, not 1962) including Monaco, the course in the video. It appears that mods have made the game better looking than the original, although it's still a 20 year old game. I haven't played this in 15 years at least, but I remember it hard as well as fun.

The movie Rush with Chris Hemsworth. 1970s Formula 1 racing story of British racer James Hunt's rivalry with German Nikki Lauder. Great story, great acting, great racing. (I know I've mentioned it here before)

I've been racing these exact cars on this track in Forza 7 on online lobbies lately. They also have the wingless cigar dealies, amongst the hundreds of other cars/classes.

Even though those mods make it look 10X better than it originally did, I doubt I'd really get into the Grand Prix Legends game, with forza 7 running on pc as well as it does, and having multiplayer and such. I've seen Rush before though, excellent movie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 17:36 Pigeon

Hope you're able to get out and see it, a really enjoyable movie. I surpassed my expectations, but mostly cause I thought it was going to be a cluster fuck. They however handled the large cast very well and Thanos has turned out to be a great villain. My only complaint was SPOILERS: the scene with Thor and the massive peter. Not that I mind seeing some peter, but it seemed out of place and just came off as fan service. Not just that but that kind of thing has been put to better effect by other shows. Other than that it was a great, never got boring IMO and manged to make Thanos intriguing despite him having scrotum chin.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 17:27 jdreyer

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 16:04:
That Monaco GP footage from 62 is fantastic. It's from a german Blu-ray I picked up almost immediately after watching that.

Yeah, that was really cool. In addition to that BRD, I'd like to suggest a couple of other legacy racing media titles:

Grand Prix Legends, created by Papyrus. You can race the wingless cigar cars shown in the video (although 1967 season, not 1962) including Monaco, the course in the video. It appears that mods have made the game better looking than the original, although it's still a 20 year old game. I haven't played this in 15 years at least, but I remember it hard as well as fun.

The movie Rush with Chris Hemsworth. 1970s Formula 1 racing story of British racer James Hunt's rivalry with German Nikki Lauder. Great story, great acting, great racing. (I know I've mentioned it here before)

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 16:14 Fantaz

I'd love to check out Burning Man, but it takes so many vacation days and can't afford that much time off work... Blue, you should go to Burning Man!  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 16:04 Mordecai Walfish

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 14:47 Cutter

Top Dollar: Well, well, well. Devil's Night is upon us again. Figured we'd throw a little party, start a bunch of fires, make a little profit. Problem is: it's all been done before. See what I'm saying?

Gangster: That's no reason to quit.

Top Dollar: Wrong. That's the perfect reason to quit. The only reason to quit. A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like-minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes an institution. What was the idea? That's what's been bothering me, boys. I tell ya: when I used to think of the idea itself, it put a big ol' smile on my face. You see, gentlemen, greed is for amateurs. Disorder. Chaos. Anarchy. Now that's fun!

Gangster 2: What about Devil's Night?

Top Dollar: What about it? I started the first fires in this goddamn city. Before I knew it, every charlatan shitheel was imitating me. You know what they got now? Devil's Night greeting cards. Isn't that precious? The idea has become the institution, boys. Time to move along.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 14:18 El Pit

I hope Avengers can pick up Black Panther's momentum and deliver where The Last Jedi definitely could not.

Most likely tomorrow evening I will know if Avengers 3 is the real deal.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 13:25 StingingVelvet

I always wait for Tuesdays. No kids usually by then, and my local theater has a half-price Tuesday program.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo