PUBG Cheat Program Arrests

A post from PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS on Steam updates us on efforts to combat cheating in the Battle Royale game, including word that 15 people are now behind bars for allegedly creating programs to help cheaters succeed. Here's a bit:
We’ve upgraded our security measures, improved our anti-cheat solutions, and recently even added a new anti-cheat solution on top of all that. In the meantime, we’ve also been continuously gathering information on hack developers (and sellers) and have been working extensively with multiple partners and judicial authorities to bring these people to justice.

Earlier this month, on April 25th, 15 suspects were arrested for developing and selling hacking/cheating programs that affect PUBG. It was confirmed that malicious code, including Trojan horse software, was included in some of these programs and was used to steal user information.

Here’s some translated information from the local authorities we worked with on this case:

"15 major suspects including “OMG”, “FL”, “火狐”, “须弥” and “炎黄” were arrested for developing hack programs, hosting marketplaces for hack programs, and brokering transactions. Currently the suspects have been fined approximately 30mil RNB ($5.1mil USD). Other suspects related to this case are still being investigated.

Some hack programs that are being distributed through the internet includes a Heybox(小黑盒) Trojan horse*(Chinese backdoor) virus. It was proven that hack developers used this virus to control users’ PC, scan their data, and extract information illegally.”

The longstanding rumor that hacking/cheating programs extract information from users’ PCs has been confirmed to be true. Using illegal programs not only disrupts others, but can end up with you handing over your personal information.

We’ll continue to crack down on hacking/cheating programs (and their creators) until our players are free to battle it out in a totally fair environment.

View : : :
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
Apr 28, 2018, 21:27
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 21:27
Apr 28, 2018, 21:27

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 20:46:
one too many fosters?

FOSTERS???? LOL!!! (everyone in the room is LOL!)
No one in Australia drinks that swill. We send it to the UK and USA and that's the truth. You can't even buy it here.
The Lame Stream Media in the USA these days is nothing more than a Democrat Party protection racket.

Apr 28, 2018, 20:46
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 20:46
Apr 28, 2018, 20:46

ventry wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 20:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 11:56:
Every time one of his posts gets * REMOVED * = Drink a shot of whiskey

LOL! Ironic that it was YOUR original post that got * REMOVED * snowflake.
Quick! Run to your "safe-space" so reality can't continue hurting your feelings.
Sweety, what are you blathering on about. You been tipping back one too many fosters?

Apr 28, 2018, 20:37
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 20:37
Apr 28, 2018, 20:37

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 11:56:

LOL! Ironic that it was YOUR original post that got * REMOVED * snowflake.
Quick! Run to your "safe-space" so reality can't continue hurting your feelings.
The Lame Stream Media in the USA these days is nothing more than a Democrat Party protection racket.

Apr 28, 2018, 12:38
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 12:38
Apr 28, 2018, 12:38

Kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 19:45:
I'm more interested to hear how Bluehole Studio Inc. convinced the Chinese government to investigate and arrest its citizens.

China's version of corruption is a very business friendly corruption. Undermining China's economic interests means you get the hammer dropped on you.

China wants game developers investing in the market. If PUBG gets destroyed by cheats it signals other developers that the Chinese market is bad for your game.

If Tencent (PUBG's partner in China) asks for something, they get it.

Timmeh wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:23:
Its beyond freaking ridiculous that someone should go to jail for creating a cheat program for a damn video game!

you leftist sjw's are so freaking BRAIN DEAD for cheering this kind of stuff.

It's China, what do you expect? China has a long list of terrible things they do and this ranks pretty far down the list. China is already an authoritarian nightmare.

If they were arresting people for making cheats in a western country that would be a bigger deal.

Apr 28, 2018, 12:27
Dev
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 12:27
Apr 28, 2018, 12:27
Dev

Sepharo wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 00:57:
There's actually a bug (for me at least) where occasionally the region selector picks Asia for me instead of NA. Make sure you check that every now and then, might be the reason you keep ending up with non-english speakers. I haven't run into Chinese players on NA servers for a while now after it being pretty bad a few months ago.
I've seen that same bug multiple times before and it's annoying! I was wondering why I had performance issues, turned out it was the lag from AS default. But anyway, I'm referring to being on NA servers and ending up with a team full of Chinese speaking people (even the 8 or 10 man teams on some events). Maybe it's because I sometimes play at weird hours or something.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:56
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 11:56
Apr 28, 2018, 11:56

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 11:39:
Dev wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 00:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 22:40:
Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:19:
It's long past due to just outright block Russian and China from Europe and NA, methinks.
And yet another keyboard warrior edge lord chimes in with yet more clueless angry white man xenophobia. impressive

Presumably he meant region lock PUBG, which I support. It would be nice to play with a team that speaks my language once in a while.

A) Put that fucking idiot troll on ignore.
B) No, I meant completely. In gaming, criminal enterprise, et al. where do the majority of the world's problems online come from? Those same two countries over and over. In China it's just criminal but the government rarely does anything about it. And it Russia a great deal of it is fucking state sanctioned. Anyone with half a brain already knows this, which is why fucking morons like Shithead don't and say stupid snowflake shit like that. So that makes him both stupid and a traitor.

Cutter, the drinking game.
Warning: This game will F*CK you up

Every time he flip flops on a subject = slam a mind-eraser
Every time he calls someone stupid or an idiot = Take a sip of the alcoholic cocktail of your choice
Every time he puts another "idiot on ignore" = Have a swig of cold beer
Every time he blows his top = slam a tequila shot
Every time he says Apple is evil or = drink a shot of apple Schnapps

Every time he call a game terrible = Sip a margarita

Every time he calls someone a traitor = drink vodka comrade, Na Zdorovi!
Every time he cries for Blue to ban someone = drink a glass of wine
Every time he mentions typical government stupidity and corruption = have a shot of Goldschläger
Every time he wails SJW or SnowFlake = take a sip of ice water because you earned it
Every time he calls a person a basement dwelling troll = Drink a shot of Rum
Every time he reminds us of how smart he is = Close your eyes and drink the nearest bottle of bleach

Apr 28, 2018, 11:39
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 11:39
Apr 28, 2018, 11:39

It's long past due to just outright block Russian and China from Europe and NA, methinks.
And yet another keyboard warrior edge lord chimes in with yet more clueless angry white man xenophobia. impressive

Presumably he meant region lock PUBG, which I support. It would be nice to play with a team that speaks my language once in a while.

A) Put that fucking idiot troll on ignore.
B) No, I meant completely. In gaming, criminal enterprise, et al. where do the majority of the world's problems online come from? Those same two countries over and over. In China it's just criminal but the government rarely does anything about it. And it Russia a great deal of it is fucking state sanctioned. Anyone with half a brain already knows this, which is why fucking morons like Shithead don't and say stupid snowflake shit like that. So that makes him both stupid and a traitor.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Apr 28, 2018, 10:56
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 10:56
Apr 28, 2018, 10:56

Its beyond freaking ridiculous that someone should go to jail for creating a cheat program for a damn video game!

Cheat programs, hacks, piracy cost people real money. It's no different from theft. If there are reports of rampant cheating in a game, I don't buy it, period. That can result in thousands or millions in losses to a developer.

Apr 28, 2018, 08:26
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 08:26
Apr 28, 2018, 08:26

With all the money they have made on this, it's mind-boggling that the vehicles still behave like they were ripped out of a $5 indie game.. and they thought this was "full release/1.0" appropriate.

Apr 28, 2018, 06:29
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 06:29
Apr 28, 2018, 06:29

Slick wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 01:23:
So... they went from identified, to tried, convicted and in jail in... how long? 10 minutes? GG China.

I think jail is a bit much if we were talking a western democracy, but I'm all for civil charges brought hard. If these guys were bankers they'd get a slap on the wrist afterall...

But legal action is totally the way forward. I always wondered how it feels for a developer to just watch their game get hacked, go to the hack suppliers' website, see blatant hacks for sale, and not being able to do anything about it.

PROBABLY because of how that conversation would go: *dring dring* "Hello, precinct 47" "Hi, I want to report some illegal activity, there are some guys that are cheating at a video game" *click* *dialtone*

The amount of bad shit that happens in today's world because we effectively have no police that are versed in dealing with online issues is staggering. I mean aside from like the FBI, but local cops (probably as far as you'll get trying to complain) just don't understand, and because of that they don't really seem to give a fuck, and therefore your complaint will never make it anywhere where someone could fix it. In that respect, China has us beat. Way to go Obama.

It would actually be YOU who doesnt understand. Not suprising as most here typically spout off about how they think law enforcement works. A local agency cannot charge an entity/person that is not in it's jurisdiction. That would be federal and even then they would have to work with other country enforcement agencies where the people live and where the software originated..

They are actually commiting several types of crimes including wire/financial fraud, illegal access to computers/systems, and various other things depending on where they live.

I gurantee you a global organization, even a gaming company, can get the attention of authorities. A lot of money at stake.

But hey, what do I know.

Apr 28, 2018, 06:17
El Pit

Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 06:17
Apr 28, 2018, 06:17
 El Pit

Breach of EULA
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
Apr 28, 2018, 05:39
Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 28, 2018, 05:39
Apr 28, 2018, 05:39

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 04:17:
BRAIN DEAD is right, except it applies to you. It's not about creating a cheating program you troll, its about "selling it" (Which is illegal, read your EULA) and about using it to insert malicious software (once again illegal) which is then used for criminal activities (guess what, illegal).
Breach of an EULA is NOT illegal. This is just civil law, where you have to convince the judge, that there was some kind of damage. Distributing malware on the other hand ... THAT is illegal

Apr 28, 2018, 04:17
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 04:17
Apr 28, 2018, 04:17

BRAIN DEAD is right, except it applies to you. It's not about creating a cheating program you troll, its about "selling it" (Which is illegal, read your EULA) and about using it to insert malicious software (once again illegal) which is then used for criminal activities (guess what, illegal).

Apr 28, 2018, 02:42
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 02:42
Apr 28, 2018, 02:42

Timmy timmy tim timmy. Timmeh timmy

Timmeh! Timmy?

sad and edgy as always

What are you? Black, brown or yellow? From your posts, I'd say more likely grey.
"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

Apr 28, 2018, 01:23
Slick

Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 01:23
Apr 28, 2018, 01:23
 Slick

So... they went from identified, to tried, convicted and in jail in... how long? 10 minutes? GG China.

I think jail is a bit much if we were talking a western democracy, but I'm all for civil charges brought hard. If these guys were bankers they'd get a slap on the wrist afterall...

But legal action is totally the way forward. I always wondered how it feels for a developer to just watch their game get hacked, go to the hack suppliers' website, see blatant hacks for sale, and not being able to do anything about it.

PROBABLY because of how that conversation would go: *dring dring* "Hello, precinct 47" "Hi, I want to report some illegal activity, there are some guys that are cheating at a video game" *click* *dialtone*

The amount of bad shit that happens in today's world because we effectively have no police that are versed in dealing with online issues is staggering. I mean aside from like the FBI, but local cops (probably as far as you'll get trying to complain) just don't understand, and because of that they don't really seem to give a fuck, and therefore your complaint will never make it anywhere where someone could fix it. In that respect, China has us beat. Way to go Obama.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 28, 2018, 00:57
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 00:57
Apr 28, 2018, 00:57

There's actually a bug (for me at least) where occasionally the region selector picks Asia for me instead of NA. Make sure you check that every now and then, might be the reason you keep ending up with non-english speakers. I haven't run into Chinese players on NA servers for a while now after it being pretty bad a few months ago.

Apr 28, 2018, 00:02
Dev
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 00:02
Apr 28, 2018, 00:02
Dev

Apr 28, 2018, 00:01
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 00:01
Apr 28, 2018, 00:01

omgzorz they haxzorrz

You have bigger problems PUBG. It's called Fortnite.

removed
Apr 27, 2018, 22:40
removed Apr 27, 2018, 22:40
Apr 27, 2018, 22:40

Apr 27, 2018, 21:23
Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 27, 2018, 21:23
Apr 27, 2018, 21:23

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older