Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition

FROMSOFTWARE tweets that owners of Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition will get a discount on DARK SOULS REMASTERED when this is released on May 25th. DSOGaming notes that the Japanese website puts this discount at 50% (thanks RedEye9). DSoG also offers the game's fairly modest system specifications:

Minimum system requirements

• OS: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit
  • CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 2300 2.8 GHz / AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz
  • memory: 6 GB RAM
  • graphic: NVIDIA (R) GeForce (R) GTX 460, 1 GB/ATI Radeon (TM) HD 6870, 1 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • hard disk: 8 GB free space
  • sound: DirectX 11 or higher compatible sound card
  • network: Internet connection environment necessary for activation activation at the first start and online play

Recommended operating environment

• CPU: Intel Core i 5 4570 3.2 GHz / AMD FX (TM) 8350 4.2 GHz
  • memory: 8 GB RAM
  • graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660/ATI Radeon (TM) HD 7870, 2 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • sound: DirectX 11 or higher compatible sound card
  • controller: Xbox One Controller, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 15:31 StingingVelvet

Darks wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 10:27:
That is a very poor excuse for the game. You dont release a game on the PC and not give it proper mouse and keyboard support. this is what drives PC game players insane and gives games that are ported over a very bad reputation.

Right or wrong many PC gamers would rather play titles like these with a controller than not at all. You can't force a company to spend time making PC focused controls, so you either choose to play the game or not with a pad, which is fine. Not releasing it on PC at all would obviously be worse, since those happy to plug in a controller would miss out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 12:09 CJ_Parker

How about a 100% discount a.k.a free if you already own the game in your Steam library, fuckers?!?!  

6. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 10:27 Darks

Dravnt wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 23:19:
So does this mean they've "remastered" the controls? I got Dark Souls 2, played it for a minute or two and immediately turned it off. I don't play console games and I don't use the game pad so for me, Dark Souls was not very well optimized when it came to controlling the game.

That is a very poor excuse for the game. You dont release a game on the PC and not give it proper mouse and keyboard support. this is what drives PC game players insane and gives games that are ported over a very bad reputation.

And on top of that, if you are going to release an enhanced edition of the game and then charge people for it too, then it damn well better have those issues with the mouse and keyboard fixed.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 09:15 Prez

Finally I can play Dark Souls (terribly) without having to add config fixes to make it look and run decently. I will truly be prepared to die. Over and over. And over. And over.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 08:56 Alamar

Are Souls games considerably better with a controller? Yes, very much so...

Are they playable after some adjustment with a mouse/keyboard? Yes, very much so...

Do some people play through them with a set of drums, or some other non-standard controllers (Bananas, rock band guitars, etc)? Yes, and it's some pretty weird shit to watch...

But the games aren't for everyone, regardless of input type ; )

3. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 00:36 Numinar

Dravnt wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 23:19:
So does this mean they've "remastered" the controls? I got Dark Souls 2, played it for a minute or two and immediately turned it off. I don't play console games and I don't use the game pad so for me, Dark Souls was not very well optimized when it came to controlling the game.

You don't play DCS with an xbox controller or Streetfighter with a mouse either. Some games are made for controller. To make it work as well with controller as the very different mouse is ridiculous and would water down the design. I have games that do both, but rarely both well and when they do it's usually a design a few notches down in intensity compared to the best in genre. (Batman and Asscreed mostly get away with it, and I love those games but the combat is no Darksouls)

2. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 00:19 Unknown Soldier

The game's definitely not for you then. It's very much a twitch gamepad game. I shudder to think of playing it with a mouse and keyboard.  

1. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 24, 2018, 23:19 Dravnt

"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo