Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Frostpunk Released

Steam News announces the release of Frostpunk, a chill survival strategy game for Windows from 11 bit studios. This does not carry a typical launch discount, but they are offering a 10% loyalty discount for those who already own This War of Mine. You can find details on the launch in this post, where they list day one fixes, and offer this official launch trailer with a look at the game's Snowpiercer vibe. Here's the game's description:

Frostpunk is a brand-new title from the creators of This War of Mine. It’s a society survival game that asks what people are capable of when pushed to the brink of extinction. In an entirely frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. The city’s ruler has to manage both the citizens and the infrastructure they live in. The leader’s tactical skills face challenges that will frequently question morality and the basic foundations of what we consider organized society. Optimization and resource management often clash with empathy and thoughtful decision-making. While city and society management will consume most of the ruler’s time, at some point exploration of the outside world is necessary to understand its history and present state.

What decisions will you make to ensure the survival of your society? What will you do when pushed to the limit? And...

...who will you become in the process?

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 21:02 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 18:40:
Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 18:20:
It looks good, and gets very good reviews, but according to several reviews it's just constantly a major downer mentally. Always people dying, kids dying, no hope, etc. Very gloomy.

Not sure I need that right now.

Tbh, kids should be the first to go. Nobody likes kids, let's just be straight up. XD

Hey, since it's just a 45 days campaign anyway, who needs kids? They don't do anything. They'll never grow up into workers. :p

But it'd be nice if the game didn't try to make you feel bad about it all the time. Hehe.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 19:12 RedEye9

@Peter M. Smith, don't feed.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

23. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 18:40 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 18:20:
It looks good, and gets very good reviews, but according to several reviews it's just constantly a major downer mentally. Always people dying, kids dying, no hope, etc. Very gloomy.

Tbh, kids should be the first to go. Nobody likes kids, let's just be straight up. XD

22. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 18:20 Creston

21. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 18:15 Cutter

Prez wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 18:13:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:25:
Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:26:
You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

YouTube has a search feature. Use it and educate yourself.

If you have no life that's your problem. The rest of us generally consider our time too valuable to be wasting it finding and listening to what Youtube "celebrities" think about anything. Ergo, their names mean nothing to people with a life.

Let's Play's are about seeing the game in action, not the youtuber. I don't generally care about YouTube personalities either. Really if you just search the game name you'll probably find a bunch of vids showing the gameplay. Hell, half the time I don't even know the name of the streamer nor care to; I'm just there to see the gameplay.

That's exactly my point. Yeah, we all know what a Let's Play is. We really don't care about who's doing it so name dropping doesn't mean squat.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

20. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 18:13 Prez

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:25:
You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

If you have no life that's your problem. The rest of us generally consider our time too valuable to be wasting it finding and listening to what Youtube "celebrities" think about anything. Ergo, their names mean nothing to people with a life.

Let's Play's are about seeing the game in action, not the youtuber. I don't generally care about YouTube personalities either. Really if you just search the game name you'll probably find a bunch of vids showing the gameplay. Hell, half the time I don't even know the name of the streamer nor care to; I'm just there to see the gameplay.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 17:04 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:30:
On a very, very tangential note Battletech was released today. Surprised Blue hasn't picked up on it.

I bought it, so far a few missions in the campaign. Gotta say first impressions so fare are fucking, awesome!

*goes back to playing Battletech*
I'm sure it's going to make the afternoon post.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

18. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:30 VaranDragon

On a very, very tangential note Battletech was released today. Surprised Blue hasn't picked up on it.

I bought it, so far a few missions in the campaign. Gotta say first impressions so fare are fucking, awesome!

*goes back to playing Battletech*

17. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:29 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:11:
It was our hope...That pushed us on...

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

Yeah. That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode on exclamation marks.

Elaine and exclamation points!

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

16. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 16:25 Cutter

15. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:43 Prez

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

Probably.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:40 Acleacius

Does anyone know how to turn off that Live Stream crap on their sales page?

I know how to turn it off in our Steam UI, but I'm on Firefox atm and I usually don't log in Steam with browsers.

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

13. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:34 Tipsy McStagger

I'm guessing you're annoyed by a lot of things in life. Because this is something so small and used so often in every media.

12. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:11 Bill Borre

11. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 13:46 RedEye9

boom

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

10. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 13:30 Peter M. Smith

9. Re: SOS Early Access Apr 24, 2018, 13:29 Peter M. Smith

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:22:
I can't really tell what kind of game it is. RTS?

City and crisis management.

8. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 13:26 Cutter

Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:16:
Rhialto wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:14:
Nice trailer but it does not tell me much about gameplay, I'm curious so I'll dig a bit more and find out.

Quill18 and ChristopherOdd have Let's Play videos on YouTube.

7. Re: SOS Early Access Apr 24, 2018, 13:22 jdreyer

Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:06:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:03:
Looks pretty linear not a lot of replayability

That's my concern too.

I can't really tell what kind of game it is. RTS?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

6. Re: SOS Early Access Apr 24, 2018, 13:06 Peter M. Smith

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:03:
Looks pretty linear not a lot of replayability

That's my concern too.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo