Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I am pretty much completely over my recent bout with a cold, which is nice. Unfortunately, this means I am suffering the worst part of it, which is the repercussions of giving it to my wife. MrsBlue is not at all amused about the situation, and she is not being shy about letting me know about it. Next time I get sick I should just start sleeping in the doghouse, since I ended up there anyway.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Link: China escalates the war on jaywalkers with automated shouting laser-squirtguns tied to motion-sensors. Thanks ViperFour.
Stories: Prince Album of Previously Unreleased Material Due in September.
Bruce Campbell Officially Retires As Ash.
Science: Forget the Double Helix—Scientists Discovered a New DNA Structure Inside Human Cells.
How Windmills as Wide as Jumbo Jets Are Making Clean Energy Mainstream. Thanks RedEye9.
It's True - Uranus Really Does Stink.
Images: Look at this golfer get beat the hell up by a goose.
Media: WestWorld for the Rest of Us.
VENOM - Official Trailer.
BOOM! Tetris for Jeff. Neck and neck!
The Funnies: Cryogenic Investment Firm - Dilbert.
Adult Children.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 11:09 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 10:10:
$510
EVGA GTX 1070 Ti In Stock at Below MSRP
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z6LFQ1/

Thanks! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ is a great resource for stupid deals. Coworker snatched up a 27" 4K for $99. Crazy

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 10:25 RedEye9

https://www.ted.com/playlists/384/how_your_brain_constructs_real

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 10:10 RedEye9

$510
EVGA GTX 1070 Ti In Stock at Below MSRP
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z6LFQ1/

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 08:30 Kxmode

I believe I have some form of mutated healing abilities and abnormal stamina. I've seen this throughout my life, and while I noticed it to some degree when I was younger, it has become more pronounced in my older age. Here are several examples below.

A coworker had a cold or flu and continued to work in the office despite most of IT pleading with him to work remotely. He didn't, and of course, half the office got sick. Eventually, I got ill, but what shocked me, was while the others stayed sick for a week or more (the fatso patient zero stayed sick for almost a month), I was over it in 2 days. Like done-done.

I recently had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at age 42. My healing progressed on schedule until the cold/flu virus mentioned above. That infected one of the pockets to the point where the oral surgeon gave me two options. Either reopen the pocket and clean out the bacteria or go heavy on antibiotics. I went with option one. Bearing in mind, he had to reset that pocket back to surgery day one. Instead of taking two weeks to heal and close up, it happened in two days. On the follow-up visit, I distinctly remember the surgeon saying, after reviewing the pocket, "You heal like an 18-year old."

I can stay up for 48 hours and do web development without issues. I can drive without problems. I am fully alert. I feel at times like I have teen stamina. In case you're wondering it's not drugs, or vitamins. In fact, I don't exercise and my doctors tells me my blood pressure is really good: 120 over 74.

I don't know what it is, but sometimes it feels abnormal. Does anyone know what it is? Is it good genes? My father had three severe stroke and came out of it with no damage and no surgery.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 06:29 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 00:35:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 21:44:
https://media1.giphy.com/media/BcIbkmaaopXl1rO0AB/giphy.mp4
haha
Not even a russian rent-a-bride will touch him, but I bet if you gave her 80 bucks and a 6 pack of PBR she'd at least tinkle on him.

bahahahahah that was everything i'd hoped it would be XD

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 00:35 RedEye9

DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 21:44:
haha
Not even a russian rent-a-bride will touch him, but I bet if you gave her 80 bucks and a 6 pack of PBR she'd at least tinkle on him.

Nullity's Law

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 00:15 TheVocalMinority

1badmf wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:57:
Those giant wind turbines are stupid, and an eyesore. Anyone who lives around them doesn't want them around. Typical government stupidity and corruption are involved with those things. Give credits for solar and windpods on peoples homes would be far more efficient and desire. But that would make sense.

i personally think wind turbines are beautiful additions to the landscape, especially considering smoke stacks and refineries they replace.

Smoke stacks and refineries occupy a pretty small area compared to wind farms. Also they are located in areas where poor people live - wind farms tend to be placed in semi-rural areas where the chattering classes have their hobby farms and so forth, hence all the squealing.

VM

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 23:33 1badmf

Those giant wind turbines are stupid, and an eyesore. Anyone who lives around them doesn't want them around. Typical government stupidity and corruption are involved with those things. Give credits for solar and windpods on peoples homes would be far more efficient and desire. But that would make sense.

i personally think wind turbines are beautiful additions to the landscape, especially considering smoke stacks and refineries they replace.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 21:44 DangerDog

You think you have it bad Blue?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 19:58 RedEye9

Quboid wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 19:07:
Dude, can you mark the satire? It's genuinely hard to tell what's real with this administration.
This lampoonery of a prezidency is like an eye exam in hell.
What did the dotard say...
Was it
A. That North Korean President Kim Jong Un "has really been very open and I think very honorable"
or
B. He called President Kim Jong Un "Little Rocket Man"

Is it A or B, A or B ... a or b .. a or b

Nullity's Law

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 19:07 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 11:12:
Ronny Jackson's VA Nomination Hearing Postponed Amid 'Serious Allegations' only the best people

Bezos Says That When Pee Tape Is Released It Will Be Free for All Amazon Prime Members woohoo

Dude, can you mark the satire? It's genuinely hard to tell what's real with this administration.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 16:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:03:

Small windmills are much less efficient. And you can't power cities with rooftop solar. Both of these need industrial level size and investment. Fortunately, the best wind resources are in farmland areas or offshore, so most people don't need to see them.

Yes, but a combination of homebased solar and wind is generally more than enough for any household. Enough that they generate a surplus of electricity which can be sold back to the grid. And seeing cities are comprised of 80% suburbs it makes perfect sense because you can't stick giant wind turbines in cities anyway. And using them to generate energy in the country amounts to the same problem. People in the country don't want them and it's a lot less efficient transferring power over long distances than it is to generate it locally. This is a really big issue in Ontario. There's been tons of opposition to it and the government has just steamrolled over everyone including using emminent domain to plunk the things down where they want. The general feeling is that there's a shit ton of corruption involved in all of this. They even made a documentary about in 2015.

DOWN WIND - Wind Farm documentary

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 15:20 MrGrosser

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:58:
How Windmills as Wide as Jumbo Jets Are Making Clean Energy Mainstream.

The midwest has the best terrestrial wind resources on the planet. Combine wind turbines with solar farms in Arizona and New Mexico, distribute the power across the USA via HVDC (just 5% loss over 1000 miles) and you could supply 90% of US power via renewables easily.

Why would we do that when we've got beautiful, clean coal? /sarcasm

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 14:09 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:58:

The midwest has the best terrestrial wind resources on the planet. Combine wind turbines with solar farms in Arizona and New Mexico, distribute the power across the USA via HVDC (just 5% loss over 1000 miles) and you could supply 90% of US power via renewables easily.
I had no idea HVDC was a thing. thanks

Nullity's Law

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 14:03 jdreyer

Small windmills are much less efficient. And you can't power cities with rooftop solar. Both of these need industrial level size and investment. Fortunately, the best wind resources are in farmland areas or offshore, so most people don't need to see them.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 13:58 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 13:57 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 13:40 Scheherazade

Fion wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:36:
Sad to see Ash vs. Evil Dead get cancelled. STARS didn't help by setting the Season 3 premier against the return of the Walking Dead, and the second episode against the f'ing OSCARS!

It's an awesome series, with the first two seasons available on Netflix (and hopefully the third soon). It's gory and hilariously funny. It wouldn't have been possible without Bruce Campbell, who was amazing from the first line; and Sam Raimi who set the tone by writing and directing the first episode.

This announcement is the first I've even heard of it. :-/

-scheherazade

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 13:36 Fion

Sad to see Ash vs. Evil Dead get cancelled. STARS didn't help by setting the Season 3 premier against the return of the Walking Dead, and the second episode against the f'ing OSCARS!

It's an awesome series, with the first two seasons available on Netflix (and hopefully the third soon). It's gory and hilariously funny. It wouldn't have been possible without Bruce Campbell, who was amazing from the first line; and Sam Raimi who set the tone by writing and directing the first episode.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 12:54 Scheherazade

Huh

So it's not just me that gets in trouble for getting sick.

-scheherazade

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo