Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed

Devolver Digital takes the wraps off plans for Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass, saying a new installment in the run-and-gun shooter series is in the works at Croteam. They say this will be officially announced at E3, and in the meantime they offer this teaser trailer, which implies this is more of an open-world game that prior installments. There is also already a Steam listing for this you can add to your wishlist. There's not much there, but the short description supports that open-world notion, saying, "Featuring the world-renowned signature Serious Sam gameplay on a brutally bigger scale, and not a single desert level, Planet Badass will make its debut @ E3 2018." There's a little more in their announcement of plans for an announcement:
Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass reignites the legendary series and elevates the iconic full-throttle action, massive hordes of enemies, and explosive array of weapons to the next level. Please join Croteam and Devolver Digital at E3 2018 for the full game reveal and wishlist now on Steam for the latest news and update on Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 20, 2018, 01:58 Osc8r

Couldn't even finish the recent ones.

Hopefully i'm not burnt out on them, as i fondly remember the originals.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2018, 04:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2018, 21:06 The Magician

I think 1 and 3 were the best, and 2 pretty much sucked. I can't remember why I thought 2 sucked, I just hated it.

I'm excited for this. Serious Sam is like cooler Duke Nukem.

13. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 20:07 Cram

I didn't hate SS3. The first 6 levels, the CoD levels, themselves were fine but they weren't Serious Sam. As we knew Serious Sam, anyway. They were fine levels for an FPS though, the attention to detail was excellent.

I really enjoyed the final level in 3, as I do all the other Serious Sam games final levels.

12. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 19:33 CthulhuFan

Guess I'm the odd man out here. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. Moar please.  

11. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 18:04 Slick

I like SS, but for me, nothing beats the original PainKiller for that classic singpleplayer FPS action. I know SS came first, but the physics in Painkiller (first implementation of Havok I think?, first in a major title at least) just NAAAAAAAAAILED it (with a giant wooden stake gun).  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

10. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 16:20 Veinman

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 13:45:
More open world might be cool. In any case, before it's released they'll turn it into a fucking Battle Royale anyway.

If 100 bomb-hand guys drop out of a plane, you will have my attention.

9. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 15:38 ForgedReality

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 11:59:
Why does Croteam and Crytek seem interchangeable? Maybe it's because they always push tech?

What's pushed here? A render server? XD Not sure what Croteam has pushed in the first place...

8. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 15:00 Prez

The first and second encounter ones are still the best. I'm not sure if you can nail the genuine feel of a Serious Sam game with an open world format. Hopefully they do it right.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 13:45 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 11:46:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 11:38:
I hope they learned from the disaster that was 3.

3 was soooo bad. They were like, "you know what Serious Fans want? Corridors and a heavy Call of Duty influence."

Yeah it was terrible. To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed a Serious Sam since the first one.

More open world might be cool. In any case, before it's released they'll turn it into a fucking Battle Royale anyway.

6. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 13:41 ExGemini

Without the Duke, Sam is all we have to hang on  

5. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 13:00 Bumpy

Wow, so much room to run backwards.  

4. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 11:59 Linthat22

Why does Croteam and Crytek seem interchangeable? Maybe it's because they always push tech?  

3. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 11:46 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 11:38:

3 was soooo bad. They were like, "you know what Serious Fans want? Corridors and a heavy Call of Duty influence."

2. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 jacobvandy

1. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 11:34 Darks

Oh damn, time to get serious again!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >