Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?

In an unconfirmed story, VentureBeat says that DICE is testing a Battle Royale mode for Battlefield V in a report similar to yesterday's rumor that a Battle Royale mode is being created for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. They say this will probably come as a free update after the release of the military shooter sequel, attributing the rumor "to someone with knowledge of the studio who asked to remain anonymous." They say Electronic Arts declined their request for comment.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 20, 2018, 00:33 HorrorScope

bigspender wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 03:57:
I think Dice should go one step further and combine battle royal with moba somehow and let the money roll in lol

Commentated by two WW2 Zombies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 20:20 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 19:54:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 19:32:
Beamer wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 10:45:
I feel like Fortnite is the first big PC game this place has completely missed the trend on. A few people here occasionally say they enjoy it, but there's no real mention of it. But it's the biggest thing in gaming right now, with kids being utter lunatics for it.

I can't think of a single major video game trend this place has basically ignored. Even Pokemon Go had more enthusiasm around here.

We're old, guys.
Most of us playing it have learned not to talk about it around the Cutterverse.
He doesn't put everyone on the watch list.

nvrmnd, who am i kidding

Eh in this instance I'm not using it to directly refer to Cutter but rather the, seemingly more than, 50% of this board who are hostile to anything popular... which of course is best exemplified by the namesake himself.

39. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 19:54 RedEye9

Sepharo wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 19:32:
I feel like Fortnite is the first big PC game this place has completely missed the trend on. A few people here occasionally say they enjoy it, but there's no real mention of it. But it's the biggest thing in gaming right now, with kids being utter lunatics for it.

I can't think of a single major video game trend this place has basically ignored. Even Pokemon Go had more enthusiasm around here.

We're old, guys.
He doesn't put everyone on the watch list.

nvrmnd, who am i kidding

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

38. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 19:32 Sepharo

We're old, guys.

37. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 18:36 Osc8r

People have been asking for this since H1Z1 - and it would be damn awesome (as long as the TTK isn't ridiculously low).

BR is way more tense and interesting than the typical shooter scoreboard round after round BS we've been stuck with for the past 20+ years.

Good to see we are finally starting to leave that 'bandwagon' behind.

36. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 15:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

We're old, guys.

In my day, you either built in games or you ran around and shot each other, not both! Get off my lawn!

35. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 13:03 jdreyer

We're old, guys.

Fortnight is Minecraft combined with an FPS. It's no wonder the kids love it.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

34. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 13:01 jdreyer

Qbex . wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 05:24:
I bet 100 schmeckles on Star Citizen shitshow adding battle royale to the next roadmap

It would have been great if RSI had said they were adding a BR mode on April fools day.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

33. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 12:14 sir

We're old, guys.
Speak for yourself, I've been playing it for a couple of hours a day, fragging them whippersnappers, since just before Christmas

32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2018, 12:12 Slick

A BR mode using Frostbite would be great.

It's funny that Ubisoft has said that it would be too much work to implement a BR mode to Wildlands, probably becuase that game's sales have totally tapered off, and they can't justify spending more development on it. The Wildlands existing map and engine would be PERFECT for a BR mode, Ubi really let this one slip through their fingers IMO, and looks like EA and DICE will be there to pick up the slack.

The engine, vehicle mechanics, and all the amazing art assets should make a Battlefield BR mode pretty great. And maybe I'll actually play it, as I've been taking a break from BR games for the last 6+ months as I was just getting bored of em.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2018, 11:51 Mordecai Walfish

theglaze wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 09:52:
At least EA has extensive technical knowledge with creating extremely large maps, supporting large player counts with intertwined gameplay mechanics, and operating the network infrastructure to support all that.

PUBG and Fortnite play cluncky and unpolished, partly because of the comparison to the standard EA has put forth with Battlefield, Battlefront, COD, etc.

*awaits a beheading for extending a compliment to EA*

Best compliment I can think to extend to EA is that they didn't create COD.

30. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 10:45 Beamer

We're old, guys.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 10:16 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 22:09:
I give all this Battle Royale bandwagon jumping one hundred fucking dismissive wanks.
Im am trying to imagine a "fucking dismissive wank". I cant. Especially the first and last word dont compute together.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

28. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 09:54 sir

Is there a BR game where you can make/break alliances with other players? I know Fortnite has a squad based mode, but I'd like to see a game where you can emerge from cover with a 'Handshake' symbol over your head, indicating that you want to team up with others, and then later, after you've decimated the rest, you get to stab each other in the back  

27. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 09:53 Scheherazade

maddog wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 00:06:
Is this "battle royale" mode the game style of this PUBG game everyone is talking about? Sorry, serious question. I don't play much online MP anymore.

BR = Free for all + no respawn

How does this differ from what you could do in quake?

They add a magic barrier that shrinks the map as time goes on, to force a quicker finish.

It does tickle me to see a mere game mode that people used to consider 2nd rate blow up into an entire game.

-scheherazade

26. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 09:52 theglaze

At least EA has extensive technical knowledge with creating extremely large maps, supporting large player counts with intertwined gameplay mechanics, and operating the network infrastructure to support all that.

PUBG and Fortnite play cluncky and unpolished, partly because of the comparison to the standard EA has put forth with Battlefield, Battlefront, COD, etc.

*awaits a beheading for extending a compliment to EA*

25. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 09:04 RedEye9

Qbex . wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 05:24:
I bet 100 schmeckles on Star Citizen shitshow adding battle royale to the next roadmap
It has been added to the games latest roadmap. Very Exciting !!1!

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

24. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 08:17 Darks

SirKnight wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 22:04:
sigh

Exactly! This is just getting out of hand now.

Enough of the stupidity and the bullshit battle royal shit.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

23. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 08:04 Wallshadows

Maybe it'll be centered around Vietnam and everyone turns in to Jacob's Ladder monsters and locations.  

22. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 05:24 Qbex .

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo