Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I am going through quite a stretch right now. I'm suffering from the early stages of another cold or nasal infection, which seems like the third or fourth in a very short span, in stark contrast of a recent run of a few years without catching one. Then last night I re-aggravated my back, as the Gunnar-man was a little squirmy as I tried to dead-lift him off his bed to go downstairs. I'm pretty sure I've gone through more Advil since January than I have in any previous entire year.

R.I.P.: Former US First Lady Barbara Bush dies at 92.

Ill Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Zombie Farsh.
Story: Homeopath “treated” 4-yr-old boy’s behavior problems with saliva from rabid dog.
Science: Scientists think these meteorite diamonds formed on a long-lost planet.
Jérôme Hamon: Frenchman gets 'third face' in new transplant. Thanks RedEye9.
FDA Just Approved First Contact Lenses That Turn Dark in Bright Sunlight. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: The Present - Epic NPC Man - VLDL (NPC rivals making amends).
Unexpected side effect.
Container Transport in Vietnam. I was expecting a scooter to be involved.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2018, 13:12 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 09:09:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 21:01:
Just smoke a well packed bowl and be done with it. Wake up the next day feeling loose and well rested.
Just in time for 4.20

Here's a great podcast on the origin of 420, if any of y'all are interested.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2018, 09:09 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 21:01:
Just smoke a well packed bowl and be done with it. Wake up the next day feeling loose and well rested.
Just in time for 4.20

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 21:01 Burrito of Peace

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 18:43 RedEye9

1badmf wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 16:28:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 14:26:
Beware of Advil effects on your kidneys

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/is-ibuprofenadvil-bad-for-my-liver-and-kidneys/

why advil and not tylenol/aspirin? little known fact - you can take tylenol (acetamenophine) and aspirin together without side effect since they work differently. when i hurt my back a month ago i was popping two each every couple hours and it really helped.
If you have a liver or are thinking about getting a liver in the future you may want to think twice about tylenol.
All drugs have side effects. Acetaminophen is not for regular drinkers or alcoholics.
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/21/us/liver-patient-wins-suit-against-maker-of-tylenol.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/29/health/poisonings-from-a-popular-pain-reliever-are-rising.html
https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/overdoing-acetaminophen
What Won't the Makers of Tylenol Do to Protect Their Iconic Painkiller?

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 16:54 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 14:29:
Pittsburgh police told to prepare for protests over potential Mueller firing
Ding Dong the Witch is soon to be Dead

absolutely lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIARMMtUdZQ

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 16:34 1badmf

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 15:11:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 13:53:
Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:31:
And that Southwest jet accident? Fuck. What a way to go.

Story on the kickass pilot that made sure that everyone that didn't get sucked out survived.

Yeah, she was a naval aviator too. My kinda' gal.

listen to the ATC recording of the incident. she is way too calm. i would be hanging on by a thread, wigging out like an asylum escapee.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 16:28 1badmf

DangerDog wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 14:26:

why advil and not tylenol/aspirin? little known fact - you can take tylenol (acetamenophine) and aspirin together without side effect since they work differently. when i hurt my back a month ago i was popping two each every couple hours and it really helped.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 15:11 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 13:53:

Story on the kickass pilot that made sure that everyone that didn't get sucked out survived.

Yeah, she was a naval aviator too. My kinda' gal.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 14:29 RedEye9

Pittsburgh police told to prepare for protests over potential Mueller firing
Ding Dong the Witch is soon to be Dead

Nullity's Law

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 14:27 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 13:56:
Jérôme Hamon: Frenchman gets 'third face' in new transplant.

I'm sure it's better to have a face than not have a face, but man that guy looks creepy. I hope that face settles in and looks more natural with time. And I hope this guy lives a long and prosperous life.
3rd times the charm.

Nullity's Law

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 14:26 DangerDog

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 13:56 jdreyer

Jérôme Hamon: Frenchman gets 'third face' in new transplant.

I'm sure it's better to have a face than not have a face, but man that guy looks creepy. I hope that face settles in and looks more natural with time. And I hope this guy lives a long and prosperous life.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 13:53 jdreyer

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 13:24 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:40:
]
Medical advice from a rando internet troll including a specific medicine without knowing any of the other pertinents [sp] is helpful? Sounds more harmful to me.

Telling you to check with your doctor about a recurring sinus problem is not a bad recommendation. The specific medication is just his experiences and everyone that has a brain would read it and infer that what works best for him doesn't work best for everyone and that the actual good information is that even if they get you on something it might not work at first.

I remember 15 years ago I had a horrible lung infection and I thought it was just a bad cold and tried to tough it out. Turns out I should have gone into the doctors a good week before.. after 24 hours of high dosage anti-biotics I was able to breathe again so never underestimate the power of doubt and it doesn't hurt to get it checked.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 13:00 Mr. Tact

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:41:
Docs prescribe *much* larger doses of Advil for short periods, right? If you have a healthy liver and are drinking/eating healthily, larger doses for short periods shouldn't have long term effects.
You are correct. I probably should have said "try not to" instead of "do not". However, different people have different levels of sensitivity to the problem. So caution is a wise course.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 12:41 Primalchrome

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 10:55:
Do not exceed the recommended dosage on the Advil. That stuff can really mess up your liver. And if you find yourself taking it for an extended period of time, see a doctor.
Docs prescribe *much* larger doses of Advil for short periods, right? If you have a healthy liver and are drinking/eating healthily, larger doses for short periods shouldn't have long term effects. Not advising it...but it's a good tool to have when you jack your back.

Hey Blue, do you irrigate your sinuses? I had to have surgery years ago from chronic sinusitis (infection every month) and the maintenance regimen that they put me on was irrigating at least once per day during pollen season or when exposed to dust/allergens. I got cocky and stopped after a few years and very quickly realized what a massive difference it made in my quality of life. Would recommend A+.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 12:40 RedEye9

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:27:

Why can't you post more like this.. helpful and not bitching.
Medical advice from a rando internet troll including a specific medicine without knowing any of the other pertinents [sp] is helpful? Sounds more harmful to me.

Nullity's Law

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 11:35 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:27:
Check with your doctor to see if you're suffering from chronic sinusitis. You may need to see an ENT for that. I went through that last year several times. If you get antibiotics for it make sure you get doxycycline hyclate for it. I did a course of amoxicillin and amoxicillin with clavulanic acid and they didn't do bupkiss, whereas the DH cleared it right up and I haven't had a problem since.

Why can't you post more like this.. helpful and not bitching.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 11:31 Cutter

See lots of furor over Babs death out there. Given that her husband and kids are monsters I'm coming down on the side she was one as well.

Thank you Canadian government for embarrassing us with your acceptance and support of the quackery that is homeopathy.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 11:27 Cutter

Check with your doctor to see if you're suffering from chronic sinusitis. You may need to see an ENT for that. I went through that last year several times. If you get antibiotics for it make sure you get doxycycline hyclate for it. I did a course of amoxicillin and amoxicillin with clavulanic acid and they didn't do bupkiss, whereas the DH cleared it right up and I haven't had a problem since.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo