Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode

The MechWarrior Online Website has details on a new update that's now live in MechWarrior Online, updating the multiplayer Mech game to version 1.4.159.0 (thanks Rhialto). This is a large update, adding a new Solaris 7 game mode along with new Fafnir Mechs, Solaris heroes, and more. Here's a bit on Solaris:
Solaris is a 1v1 and 2v2 arena combat expansion for MechWarrior Online! Drawing from BattleTech lore, the idea behind Solaris fits perfectly for MWO in terms of gladiatorial combat.

It features leader boards and a reward structure completely new to MWO and not related to Quick Play or Faction Play.

Who can participate?
Anyone can participate in the Solaris Games, for both the 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 Divisions. Before participating in the Solaris 7 Games however, players must first select a Patron for the Division they wish to play in. Divisions differ from each other in terms of the 'Mechs allowed to be used in combat. For example, 'Mechs in Division 1 cannot be used in combat against 'Mechs in Division 2. (See section about Patrons for details.)
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 18, 2018, 14:24 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 13:39:
I played the crap out of MWO back in the day. Dropped money on it too. As soon as they introduced paid coolant charges I left.

Fuck that Pay2Win bullshit.
Never ran Cool Shots....still was consistently a high percentage player. And I think you could get the same Cool Shot performance with GXP and Cbills....so I'm not sure I would say that was P2W. But, the Clan Invasion was somewhat P2W....and poorly managed at that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 18, 2018, 13:39 Flatline

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:44:
Yeah, no clue why this hasn't been in the game for years. When I was playing regularly, you had to set up custom matches that were like Thunderdome. Bunch of unit members standing around watching 1v1's and waiting their turn.

And with regards to F2P, MWO has a much more palatable grind and matchmaking than something like World of Tanks/Warships/Warplanes.

I played the crap out of MWO back in the day. Dropped money on it too. As soon as they introduced paid coolant charges I left.

Fuck that Pay2Win bullshit.

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 18, 2018, 12:44 Primalchrome

Yeah, no clue why this hasn't been in the game for years. When I was playing regularly, you had to set up custom matches that were like Thunderdome. Bunch of unit members standing around watching 1v1's and waiting their turn.

And with regards to F2P, MWO has a much more palatable grind and matchmaking than something like World of Tanks/Warships/Warplanes.

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 18, 2018, 02:29 VaranDragon

This should have been in the game from day one. Some of the most memorable 1 vs 1 multiplayer both in the fluff and the early MW games were in the Solaris arena.

I've given up on MWO a LOONG time ago. Was a fun game for a while but didn't care for its lack of progress and content.

I will say this, I don't know how it is now, but you could easily get the highest tier Mechs in the game without paying for a premium account. Something thats not available in most F2P games of this sort these days.

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 17, 2018, 22:54 Task

Well I mean MW4 already had that All vs. All, but it was far more tunable by a server admin than this which seems to be some sort E-Sport Pipedream.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 17, 2018, 20:26 Bumpy

Up next, battle royale for mechs.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >