Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch

A Kickstarter update for Agony discusses censorship in Madmind Studio's upcoming survival/horror game (thanks [H]ardOCP). Word is there are some "compromises" to how some of the game's content is presented to avoid an adults-only AO rating. They not an AO game could not be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, which would break one of their Kickstarter promises. They confirm they will create an optional patch for the PC edition to un-censor sexual and violent content, and they are offering console customers the chance to switch their order to the PC edition if they want in on this. Word is: "We also want to confirm that we are preparing a special, optional patch for PC that will remove the aforementioned "censorship". We would love to do something similar for consoles but from a technical and legal point of view it is simply not possible." They also reassure everyone that nothing previously shown in promotional content for the game is being cut, and to illustrate the kind of content this will affect, they offer animated screenshots showing gore, junk, and boobs, making this a NSFW update.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 18, 2018, 12:55 Sacrifice

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 08:56:

I mean.... the game does take place in hell... sadistic torment and deviant debauchery kind of goes without saying.

This view of hell is rooted in medieval religion and finds its ultimate expression in the Divine Comedy. However, Dante's work and its source are tied to questions of theology, morality & wisdom.

Agony appears to be foregoing that and just focusing in on the violence and nudity. So yes, I am leary that this will be an intelligent and thought-provoking game with a good story.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 17, 2018, 23:56 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 08:56:
Sacrifice wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 19:01:
I am leery of a game that is overly concerned or focused on violence and nudity.

I mean.... the game does take place in hell... sadistic torment and deviant debauchery kind of goes without saying.

If Hell is that tame then it's got a management problem.

7. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 17, 2018, 08:56 Wallshadows

Sacrifice wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 19:01:
I am leery of a game that is overly concerned or focused on violence and nudity.

6. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 16, 2018, 19:01 Sacrifice

Time will tell, but I am leery of a game that is overly concerned or focused on violence and nudity. They should instead focus on creating a good story, characters, and most importantly, gameplay.

I like some mature content, but that doesn't save a bad game. A semi-recent example of this is Duke Nukem Forever.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

5. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 16, 2018, 16:07 Task

This game looks so weird man, not even my nightmares can conjure this up. Also the O in the title "Agony" looks like Vagina Dentata.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 14:07 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 13:26:
Actually the gifs at the ends are things that are not getting censored for consoles.

Wow. I figured that was all censored stuff, but piling up the meat-wall did seem rather tame compared to the rest, heheh.

3. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 16, 2018, 13:52 jdreyer

I feel like we've been watching clips of this game for years. Was surprised the KS was only Dec. 2016.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 16, 2018, 13:26 Sepharo

Actually the gifs at the ends are things that are not getting censored for consoles.  

1. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 16, 2018, 10:37 eRe4s3r

As if bluesnews is ever SFW  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo