Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 22:39 Yifes

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 15:04:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:33:
Too bad it is PS4 exclusive as many of will never bother with it. Just think how good it would play on the Xbox one X. These studios are killing themselves with exclusives, they could make a ton of money not doing so. Stupid is as stupid does.

Exclusives like these sell consoles, which determines what system they buy NON exclusives on. Sony gets a chunk of each game sold. It’s hardly a stupid move. The ps4 is KILLING Microsoft in terms of good exclusive games. My Xbone is a dust collector, while there’s something awesome for the ps4 every couple of months. The one that pushed ME to get a ps4(pro) was Horizon Zero Dawn, and if GoW somehow looks better, that just another “look at THIS” feather in their cap. HZD is fucking spectacular, if you have a ps4 and don’t have it, you’re missing out on one of the best games released this generation.

Yeah, picked up a PS4 for The Last of Us and Bloodborne and it was totally worth it. No desire whatsoever to own a Xbox.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 15:04 HoSpanky

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:33:
Too bad it is PS4 exclusive as many of will never bother with it. Just think how good it would play on the Xbox one X. These studios are killing themselves with exclusives, they could make a ton of money not doing so. Stupid is as stupid does.

Exclusives like these sell consoles, which determines what system they buy NON exclusives on. Sony gets a chunk of each game sold. It’s hardly a stupid move. The ps4 is KILLING Microsoft in terms of good exclusive games. My Xbone is a dust collector, while there’s something awesome for the ps4 every couple of months. The one that pushed ME to get a ps4(pro) was Horizon Zero Dawn, and if GoW somehow looks better, that just another “look at THIS” feather in their cap. HZD is fucking spectacular, if you have a ps4 and don’t have it, you’re missing out on one of the best games released this generation.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 14:38 RedEye9

Bodolza wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 14:13:
I assume we're excluding computer games, cause Half Life did that pretty famously back in '98.
So I guess you never rode an elevator in the original. Loading was fast but the limitations of the goldsource engine did not allow for it to be seemless.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 14:13 Bodolza

I assume we're excluding computer games, cause Half Life did that pretty famously back in '98.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 13:44 jdreyer

Any head-ripping scenes in this one? Inquiring minds, and all that.  

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 13:03 Prez

Sony's Santa Monica Studios did something with "God of War" that's never been done before in a video game: It's made a complete video game that takes place in one continuous shot, in real time, with no loading screens at all.

The original Dungeon Siege did that in 2002.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 12:33 Ozmodan

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 11:58 born2expire

'God of War' is a major technical achievement that nails the fine details

the fine details of 30 FPS, lol

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo