Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2018, 14:00 Mr. Tact

So, Cohen says Hannity is a client. Hannity says, "... I never retained him in the traditional sense as retaining a lawyer, ... But I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions, about which I wanted his input and perspective."

Someone is lying. Shocking, I know.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2018, 09:00 RedEye9

Quboid wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 02:14:
Retired wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 00:20:
1badmf wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 23:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 20:48:
Quboid wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 18:09:
When I first heard that Sean Hannity was involved in the Trump investigation, I figured it was bullshit. Something I was supposed to believe because it sounded good. Now I'm not so sure.
Why would Hannity need a "fixer" lawyer that protects older white men that have affairs with younger women?

ooooo nice hadn't thought of that. wonder what kinda tabloid trash is in his closet.

The same stuff that is in (insert tv person here) closet.

Yes, it's totally normal for news anchors to share a mob lawyer with the President. Nothing to see here folks, right?
Conservatives are circling the wagons blinded to anything except Party First mantra. sad

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2018, 02:14 Quboid

Retired wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 00:20:
When I first heard that Sean Hannity was involved in the Trump investigation, I figured it was bullshit. Something I was supposed to believe because it sounded good. Now I'm not so sure.
Why would Hannity need a "fixer" lawyer that protects older white men that have affairs with younger women?

ooooo nice hadn't thought of that. wonder what kinda tabloid trash is in his closet.

Yes, it's totally normal for news anchors to share a mob lawyer with the President. Nothing to see here folks, right?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2018, 00:20 Retired

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 23:22 1badmf

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 21:23 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 19:54:
Harry Anderson of 'Cheers' and 'Night Court' fame has died at the age of 65

Nooo! Dammit.

Not cool, 2018! Party. Fucking. Foul! Don't be getting no '2016' ambitions! You mess with Betty White and it's on, motherfucker!

*writes letter to congressman for increase of funding for on-going Betty White Protection Detail*

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 20:48 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 19:54 SlimRam

Harry Anderson of 'Cheers' and 'Night Court' fame has died at the age of 65  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 18:26 RedEye9

Hannity is a piece of shit. At least now Donald Blumpf won't select him for a cabinet position.

Dem lawmaker calls on Fox News to fire Hannity
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/383433-dem-lawmaker-calls-on-fox-news-to-fire-hannity

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2018, 19:37.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 18:09 Quboid

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 17:31 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 16:29:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 16:10:
GOG has their top 150 wishlisted games on sale today..

I think this is the correct link to see all the discounted titles:

https://www.gog.com/games?price=discounted&sort=popularity&page=1

Some real gems in there like Ghost of a Tale, The Witcher series, Everspace, Divinity 1&2, Playdead's INSIDE, Stalker, and Dying Light

Cool beans. I own most of that stuff anyway. Anyone who hasn't bought Ghost of a Tale needs to. Such a wonderful, and refreshingly new, game. I'm heavily into a FO4 replay atm but I think I'm going to do some Dying Light soon. Feel like stomping some zombies. Frostpunk and Battletech are out next week so I'm curious to see if they'll be any good.

Been playing Ghost of a Tale in 4xDSR on my 1080 monitor, and it looks great. I average like 45-55 fps, but for the visual candy and lack of aliasing, i think it's a good tradeoff. For how good the game looks I was surprised to even be able to pull 4xDSR off on my 980ti without sacrificing much graphically. I shut off motion blur/chromabber, but I normally do that in all games. I'm not too far into it yet, but it's been a lot of fun so far. Beautiful environment to explore, solid and fun controls, and good writing and character design from what I've seen so far.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 16:29 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 16:10:

Some real gems in there like Ghost of a Tale, The Witcher series, Everspace, Divinity 1&2, Playdead's INSIDE, Stalker, and Dying Light

Cool beans. I own most of that stuff anyway. Anyone who hasn't bought Ghost of a Tale needs to. Such a wonderful, and refreshingly new, game. I'm heavily into a FO4 replay atm but I think I'm going to do some Dying Light soon. Feel like stomping some zombies. Frostpunk and Battletech are out next week so I'm curious to see if they'll be any good.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 16:10 Mordecai Walfish

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 15:38 RedEye9

Melania Says Comey’s Book Not as Mean as the One She Is Writing

Nullity's Law

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 15:02 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:59:
Swedish sub was awesome.

That sub is new. It has a fairly recent propulsion system called "air independent propulsion" or AIP. It's not nuclear, but diesel. They're extremely quiet, as explained in the video.

The other problem is with the collapse of the Soviet Union, the USN de-emphasized anti-sub warfare. That skillset has atrophied, although with recent advances in both AIP subs and Chinese technology, the USN is trying to get back what it lost, as well as develop anti-torpedo countermeasures like this anti-torpedo torpedo.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 14:38 jdreyer

There's a mountain a few miles from my house, and the speedlimit it is 50 miles an hour. Near the bottom, it enters a residential neighborhood, so the speed gets chopped down to 35. They installed some of those noise makers in the road to warn people to slow down. However, they didn't consider the noise to the neighborhood, and there were so many complaints that they only lasted a week before being pulled out.

Not exactly "singing" but any attempt to make roads noisier should be considered a bad idea.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 14:20 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 13:32:
In what universe would a singing road ever be a good idea? Your tax dollars hard at work: Rolleyes

There are actually two of these singing sections of road in California. Both of them were improperly engineered and sound horrible, however.. yet they still remain.

Pigeon wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 14:03:
If you always think you're right, why bother with anything that says otherwise since by default contrary information is wrong.

I think this study is aimed at a very specific kind of person, though likely to be the most vocal, but it ties nicely into other research. When people are reasoning on topics they have emotional ties to, i.e. politics, a different part of the brain is used than other forms of reasoning. The overall message should be stop treating political parties like they’re your sports team, or part of your religious beliefs. Unfortunately this sort of research mostly falls on deaf ears, except the people who use such information for their own ends.

Reading the article made me think of religious "leaders" and spiritual gurus. Those types generally come across to me as a formulaic mixture of both charisma and "overestimating what they actually know" (to quote from the article). I find this "overestimating what they actually know" doesn't often come across directly, but usually in a causal, subliminal manner.

5. Re: Superiority Complex Apr 16, 2018, 14:03 Pigeon

If you always think you're right, why bother with anything that says otherwise since by default contrary information is wrong.

I think this study is aimed at a very specific kind of person, though likely to be the most vocal, but it ties nicely into other research. When people are reasoning on topics they have emotional ties to, i.e. politics, a different part of the brain is used than other forms of reasoning. The overall message should be stop treating political parties like they’re your sports team, or part of your religious beliefs. Unfortunately this sort of research mostly falls on deaf ears, except the people who use such information for their own ends.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 13:32 Cutter

In what universe would a singing road ever be a good idea? Your tax dollars hard at work: Rolleyes

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 12:59 RedEye9

Swedish sub was awesome.

Nullity's Law

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo