Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 08:34 eRe4s3r

yonder wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 04:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:54:
Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:43:
Yeah, as this becomes more and more prevalent with insurance companies denying you insurance because you won't agree to be spied on 24/7 where will all those advocates of the "free market" be? For those of us in our poor ol' socialized democracies we don't have to worry about the bullshit.

Considering how many people run around with fitness trackers I'd be very careful of hoping for "socialized democracies" being immune to this. Insurers will push for it, that's guaranteed. And it only takes 1 weak government and a lobbyist in the right position and even we would be fucked.

And really, once this

You don't use mandated tooth brushing products? +25% on the rate)
You don't use mandated tooth brush with full sensors? +25% on the rate
You don't go the fitness center every 3 days? +25% on the rate
You don't use a full vitals tracker? +25% on the rate
You drink alcohol? +25% on the rate
You eat meat? +25% on the rate
You smoke? +25% on the rate

Becomes reality (at the start only for those receiving subsidies by the state), it will not be optional anymore for those people in our countries. And that's how they will creep this into our laws. You can be sure of it.

I've got news for ya...

Namely? No Canadian nor European insurer can legally do this atm.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 04:24 yonder

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:54:
Yeah, as this becomes more and more prevalent with insurance companies denying you insurance because you won't agree to be spied on 24/7 where will all those advocates of the "free market" be? For those of us in our poor ol' socialized democracies we don't have to worry about the bullshit.

Considering how many people run around with fitness trackers I'd be very careful of hoping for "socialized democracies" being immune to this. Insurers will push for it, that's guaranteed. And it only takes 1 weak government and a lobbyist in the right position and even we would be fucked.

And really, once this

Becomes reality (at the start only for those receiving subsidies by the state), it will not be optional anymore for those people in our countries. And that's how they will creep this into our laws. You can be sure of it.

I've got news for ya...

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 00:39 DangerDog

I'd clean my bathroom tile with it.  

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 22:06 dubfanatic

It's ironic that BoingBoing talks about "Internet of Shit" when practically all they do is re-post other blog posts...  

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 21:54 eRe4s3r

And really, once this

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 21:43 Cutter

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 21:22 eRe4s3r

JeffD wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 15:21:
As long as devices like these need wifi then we are in control. And have fun moving to cellular connections, it would not take much to attach some wires and boom, free internet. 1

Until the insurer raises your rates by 500% because you didnt't "log" your teeth brushing

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 15:21 JeffD

As long as devices like these need wifi then we are in control. And have fun moving to cellular connections, it would not take much to attach some wires and boom, free internet. 1  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo