Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Radical Heights Launched

Radical Heights is now available for Windows on Steam, offering what Boss Key Productions calls X-TREME Early Access for their free-to-play battle royale shooter. They also now are selling a Radical Heights Founder's Pack with cosmetic items and in-game currency for the game, noting, "This product is not eligible for refund." Here's the trailer showing off gameplay, and here's word:
Welcome to RADICAL HEIGHTS, a free *X-TREME Early Access* BATTLE ROYALE shooter. Partake in high-stakes battle royale gunplay in a sunny SoCal dome as contestants drive-by on BMX bikes or stalk other contestants from the shadows in search for weapons and prizes...but also CASH that you can bank - win or lose! Whether you spend that cash on righteous customization in your personal prize room or pull it from an ATM to purchase weapons early in the next game -- building a wealth of cash is as important as taking down the competition in this irreverent 80s-themed action game show where everyone wants to be rich and famous!

View

16. Re: Radical Heights Launched Apr 11, 2018, 13:49  Slick 

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:58:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:17:
And everyone involved on this thought 'Yeah, this is gonna' be fucking radical, bro!'? Wow. Just wow.

However, never underestimate the negativity and cynicism among gamers. A game like this, even if it were good, would likely suffer the same response. The wounds are still fresh from LB. It's the game equivalent of a parent beating their child (shut down LB) and then two days later throwing a party (Rad Heights announcement and launch). Parent, "Oh, I didn't hit you hard! Hey, have some cake! It's rad."

More like:

"Oh shit, I bet your college tuition on a bad horse, sorry kid!"

*two days later*

"Hey champ, I just hacked together this lemonade stand, people love buying lemonade right? Daddy needs some money to turn the power back on"

I think it's pretty obvious their studio is probably on the brink of bankruptcy. They dug a pretty big hole with LawBreakers, not sure how many investors would be lining up to sink money into their next project. It makes sense to get it out the door and making SOME kind of cash ASAP before they completely dissolve.

My only hope for this game is that it SOMEHOW adds LB as a playable mini-game inside Radical Heights, because LB deserves to be played, it's a really solid game.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 10, 14:36 Re: Radical Heights Launched PacoTaco
  2. Apr 10, 15:08 Re: Radical Heights Launched  Kxmode 
  3. Apr 10, 15:17 Re: Radical Heights Launched  Cutter 
  4. Apr 10, 15:45  Re: Radical Heights Launched  Beamer 
  8. Apr 10, 16:38   Re: Game Reviews peteham
  9. Apr 10, 16:55    Re: Game Reviews  Beamer 
  11. Apr 10, 17:15    Re: Game Reviews  Kxmode 
  6. Apr 10, 15:58  Re: Radical Heights Launched  Kxmode 
>> 16. Apr 11, 13:49   Re: Radical Heights Launched  Slick 
  17. Apr 11, 14:25   Re: Radical Heights Launched  Beamer