Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam

Steam News announces a limited opportunity to pick up a free copy of Crusader Kings II, saying those who take advantage of this offer before it ends on Sunday will permanently add the grand strategy sequel to their Steam library. They are also holding sales on additional content for the game, a Crusader Kings II: Love Bundle, a Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Starter Pack, as well as a grander Paradox Grand Strategy Collection. Here's a refresher on the game:
The Dark Ages might be drawing to a close, but Europe is still in turmoil. Petty lords vie against beleaguered kings who struggle to assert control over their fragmented realms. The Pope calls for a Crusade to protect the Christians in the Holy Land even as he refuses to relinquish control over the investiture of bishops - and their riches. Now is the time for greatness. Expand your demesne and secure the future of your dynasty. Fill your coffers, appoint vassals, root out traitors and heretics, introduce laws and interact with hundreds of nobles, each with their own agenda.

A good lord will always need friends to support him. But beware, as loyal vassals can quickly turn to bitter rivals, and some might not be as reliable as they seem... Stand ready, and increase your prestige until the world whispers your name in awe. Do you have what it takes to become a Crusader King?

Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by the masters of Grand Strategy. Medieval Europe is brought to life in this epic game of knights, schemes, and thrones...
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Mobilization
Apr 6, 2018, 22:17
Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 6, 2018, 22:17
Apr 6, 2018, 22:17

So how many people here have done the CK2 ivar the boneless start?
Had to redo it after the most recent series of vikings
PMB / Shodan
http://futilez.com

Re: Evening Mobilization
Apr 6, 2018, 22:16
Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 6, 2018, 22:16
Apr 6, 2018, 22:16

Good move for both gamers and paradox. The base game can provide hundred of hours of entertainment, if people enjoy it they're more likely to invest in the (hideous amounts of) DLC for it.
But thats not a bad thing. A lot of the DLC content is pretty awesome and they're always on a steam sale every few months or so.
PMB / Shodan
http://futilez.com

Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam
Apr 6, 2018, 19:32
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 19:32
Apr 6, 2018, 19:32

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 12:49:
This is a great move to hook people for 100$ of DLCS...

You're thinking, how could that possibly be tru.... Laugh2

6 years of post release support, that represents more than 100 dollars of value. I cannot imagine many people have ever bought everything, and if they had they did it over a period of time informed by what they were getting by what they had received in the past. Most the DLC features go into the base game already along with ongoing optimisations and fixes. It’s all optional and regularly on steep discount with only the most recent DLC hard to get on the cheap.

The music/art picks can go eat a dick. Which is sad as the music is great and the sprites helpful. But the big portion of that DLC is quality shit you can get after you’ve broken your teeth on the meat of the main game, which is more than fully featured.

The free to play model probably is the way to go for them, but as an earned strategy they have already done the work for.

The bandwagon on criticising the DLC policy is so out of whack. Grab the free fucking game and enjoy the shit out of it (if you are happy to sink a few dozen hours into failing and learning, PCMR oldschool style)) and ignore the DLC you pagan filth.

Apr 6, 2018, 12:49
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 12:49
Apr 6, 2018, 12:49

This is a great move to hook people for 100$ of DLCS...

You're thinking, how could that possibly be tru.... Laugh2

Apr 6, 2018, 11:53
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 11:53
Apr 6, 2018, 11:53

I got it purely for the Game of Thrones mod I saw a year back and have wanted to play ever since!

Apr 6, 2018, 09:51
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 09:51
Apr 6, 2018, 09:51

The pickle they are in, and I think the DLC model is awesome (Except hiding music and sprites in separate purchases, but just ignore them) Is that CK2 after 5-6 years or whatever is so content and feature rich that no new release could compare. And the current engine is more than capable of rendering everything nicely. It's almost like World of Warcraft, there is almost no way a sequel could exist and look good compared to the previous entry. I think Payday 2 and Eurotruck 2 will have this same problem.

For anyone thinking about it, the vanilla game is amazing without any additional DLC. See if you like playing the christian "crusader" kings of Europe and after that, if you sink 50 hours in and want more, wait for a 66% off DLC sale (Which happens 6 times a year) and go for the Viking DLC and Charlegmagne DLC which give you earlier start points and I can personally vouch for them as being worth dozens or hundreds of hours of value each. Want a different culture and playstyle? Islamic, Jewish, Italian republics, Byzantine, Indian and other DLC exists. But each one is good for hundreds of hours of fun.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Apr 6, 2018, 09:12
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2018, 09:12
Apr 6, 2018, 09:12

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 08:41:
Mordhaus wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 01:15:
After seeing the sheer amount of DLC, I think I would rather put my dick between two boards and have someone hit them with a sledgehammer.

You say that like it's a bad thing. There are plenty of weirdos out there that pay good money for that sort of thing.
Biker

I could never get into CK2 but Paradox has it's hooks in me as far as Stellaris is concerned.

Apr 6, 2018, 08:41
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 08:41
Apr 6, 2018, 08:41

After seeing the sheer amount of DLC, I think I would rather put my dick between two boards and have someone hit them with a sledgehammer.

You say that like it's a bad thing. There are plenty of weirdos out there that pay good money for that sort of thing.
Biker
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Apr 6, 2018, 07:08
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 07:08
Apr 6, 2018, 07:08

so when are we getting a proper sequel.....after dlc #50? should be close to that now

Apr 6, 2018, 05:46
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 05:46
Apr 6, 2018, 05:46

For those who don't want to spend at least $100 on DLC there are some guides on what each offers - it's definitely worth looking into. There are about a half dozen that really add substance and are more or less 'must-haves', the others are for obsessive types.

On the plus side, you don't have to own any DLC in order to use the extra content in an MP game so long as at least one player owns it.

Apr 6, 2018, 05:36
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 05:36
Apr 6, 2018, 05:36

You know you don't have to get the DLC right

That said, I am sure this game has quite the learning curve. I know their other titles did. Doesn't mean they aren't fun once you figure them out though!
”Not many people know I owned the first radio in Springfield. Weren’t much on the air then. Just Edison reciting the alphabet over and over. “A,” he’d say. Then “B.” “C” would usually follow."

Apr 6, 2018, 01:15
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 01:15
Apr 6, 2018, 01:15

Apr 6, 2018, 00:28
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 00:28
Apr 6, 2018, 00:28

It's so good. I've never been great at it but taking my ancestral Irish backwater into attempted imperial greatness never gets old.

Apr 5, 2018, 23:26
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 5, 2018, 23:26
Apr 5, 2018, 23:26

Apr 5, 2018, 22:02
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 5, 2018, 22:02
Apr 5, 2018, 22:02

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:10:
I've always been CK2-curious.

From a Paradox marketing strategy perpective, this is a good way of getting the base game in the hands of lots potential DLC buyers.
The price is right.
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

Apr 5, 2018, 21:10
Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 5, 2018, 21:10
Apr 5, 2018, 21:10

I've always been CK2-curious.

From a Paradox marketing strategy perpective, this is a good way of getting the base game in the hands of lots potential DLC buyers.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older