Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records

Far Cry 5: Inside Eden’s Gate is now free to watch on YouTube, offering a 30 minute prequel movie for Far Cry 5 (thanks PCGamesN via RedEye9). On a related note, Ubisoft announces the shooter sequel had the most successful launch in the history of the Far Cry franchise, and that the $310 million USD it raked in over its first week makes it their second most successful launch ever, trailing only Tom Clancy's The Division. They offer an infographic with details like the number of skunk attacks, the distance of all thrown shovels, and more. They go on to explain other company social media records the game broke along the way:
In addition to the strong first week of sales, record-breaking numbers of people are engaging with Far Cry 5 content. People streamed more than 55,000 hours of Far Cry 5 on Twitch and YouTubers' videos earned more than 117 million views. Both are records for a Ubisoft title in a week following launch, and evidence of the impact user generated content is having in convincing players to join the Far Cry community.

"Far Cry 5, like the real Montana, is a vast and gorgeous playground filled with colorful stories for players to enjoy and share," Laurent Detoc, President of Ubisoft, Americas. "We're grateful to newcomers and fans of the series who have joined us in Hope County and have collectively grown our community."

View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records
Apr 6, 2018, 15:22
Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 6, 2018, 15:22
Apr 6, 2018, 15:22

Rilcon wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 06:25:
Nucas wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 17:27:
i really don't get far cry. here's this year's open world map, wow, and it sure has lots of icons on it, and it is full of humanoid enemies to shoot guns at. i can't wait to slowly claim all the outposts on the map and then get a downer ending where i choose between two bullshit alternatives that make any investment i was stupid enough to make in the world and narrative feel invalidated, just like all the other ones.

i guess you could level this charge at any game series but far cry is just so nakedly creatively bankrupt. the last one i managed to finish was far cry 2. i think i got three hours into far cry 3, refunded far cry 4 when i saw the asset re-use, and then stopped.

I'm sorry but this seems like getting mad that two soccer matches are "the same game". There's a point at which you should realize "this type of content isn't for me" and just accept that without making it a point to sound like you're offended that others do enjoy it.

Your analogy works with two different multiplayer matches of CoD. We should be talking about different games here... but your analogy works strangely well with FC3 to 5 as well -- it's really the same game, with just a few different factors similar to the team layout of a different soccer match.

Apr 6, 2018, 06:25
Rilcon

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 6, 2018, 06:25
Apr 6, 2018, 06:25
 Rilcon

Nucas wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 17:27:
i really don't get far cry. here's this year's open world map, wow, and it sure has lots of icons on it, and it is full of humanoid enemies to shoot guns at. i can't wait to slowly claim all the outposts on the map and then get a downer ending where i choose between two bullshit alternatives that make any investment i was stupid enough to make in the world and narrative feel invalidated, just like all the other ones.

i guess you could level this charge at any game series but far cry is just so nakedly creatively bankrupt. the last one i managed to finish was far cry 2. i think i got three hours into far cry 3, refunded far cry 4 when i saw the asset re-use, and then stopped.

I'm sorry but this seems like getting mad that two soccer matches are "the same game". There's a point at which you should realize "this type of content isn't for me" and just accept that without making it a point to sound like you're offended that others do enjoy it.

Apr 5, 2018, 17:27
Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 17:27
Apr 5, 2018, 17:27

Apr 5, 2018, 13:23
Fion

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 13:23
Apr 5, 2018, 13:23
 Fion

I'm really enjoying it myself, and I skipped Far Cry 5 & Primal. Sure it has its problems. The constant patrols put Far Cry 2's 'crossroad guards' to utter shame, but once you start to convert the games regions, it becomes much less a problem. There are some technical issues as well. As someone with an older video card with only 2gb of vram, I had terrible framerate stuttering until I found a few tweaks that improved it, but it still happens occasionally.

The story is rather incoherent, but I personally like the lack of a voice character, let's me RP him as I see fit instead. Though the way it forces you to advance the story via these 'cannot win' encounters is kinda messed up. It's true that in parts, it feels rather forced and doesn't always make sense, though the villains are all interesting for their own reasons. The main story can largely be ignored beyond those 'forced' segments. They happen when you hit certain milestones by rescuing civilians, killing cultists, converting locations, etc.

There are tuns of activities, fun side-quests that put interesting twists on the usual 'kill, fetch, fedex' questing. You can go hunting, fishing, do some areal dogfighting, there are fun stunt races (with hilarious backstories), and much more. The game also features an interesting companion NPC system. As you complete side-quests you can unlock new NPC companions, each with their own fighting style and two traits. You can also hire on random NPCs with two random traits to unlock. The NPC traits work a little like the Nemesis-like system from the 'Shadow' games, though far less complex and impactful. Still, it makes using the various companion characters in different situations really useful. The dog - which was my first unlocked companion - marks all enemies and animals nearby, making him fantastic for hunting.

The gunplay is well done - though the AI is braindead if requested to do anything but finding cover & shooting. The friendly AI has a few issues too. The dog can't get into your vehicle, and while you can order NPC companions around, it's a simple system and they too seem to have trouble getting into cars sometimes. There are dozens of weapons, weapon mods, skins, unique weapons (like a sonic gun that will throw enemies, or blow them apart on a direct hit). The game uses a natural cover system, hiding behind trees, vehicles, the odd sandbagged road-side guard post, etc. The healing system is decent as well, with health packs you can pick-up or buy that take a few moments but heal you up. There is a regen system but it has quite a delay and heals fairly slowly. Same with vehicle variety, you can unlock custom rides like off-road buggies, muscle cars, etc. You can buy cars, trucks, 18-wheelers, helicopters, planes, boats, etc. Once I unlocked a combat chopper, boy I had fun with that!

The perk system is well done, though that it is partially tied to achievements can be somewhat a pain. But if you like to do a little of everything, you'll get most of them with ease.

I feel that you should simply never go into one of these yearly open-world action/adventure games expecting it to have a great story. You'll only end up disappointed. But as one of those who've found that genre growing stale of late (though I understand AC: Origins is rather good), Far Cry 5 is a hell of a lot of fun.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2018, 13:44.

Apr 5, 2018, 11:08
Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 11:08
Apr 5, 2018, 11:08

There is so incredibly much to dislike about this game, that I hate the fact I haven't rebooted my YT review channel Vince Verdict yet. I can't wait to rant and vent again on there.
But first this house renovation's gotta get finished.

This game's story is so fucking bad I don't know where to start. NOTHING makes sense. They also went with the design choice not to give the protagonist a voice, which can be fine if the game doesn't flirt with player's choice.

At some point in the game, it is overly obvious that you're being brainwashed/indoctrinated and you end up doing the stupidest fucking thing imaginable. Now, that would've been OK if the protagonist had a voice; had character.. and you as the player were observing through his eyes that he'd get all confused and fucked up. But that's not happening so it's up to you to interpret things the way YOU interpret them, which leaves you incredibly detached from the game when the protagonist just lets shit happen to him you saw coming from miles away. So in the end, the protagonist is just a mute, mentally challenged idiot, drooling as he stares at people.. overly confused why they give him so much attention.

I hate the game. It's a reskinned model of Far Cry 3, 4 and Primal combined. They didn't have the dog-enters-car animation yet from the earlier Far Cry's so they decided to not put that in. It's lazy shit like that and the shameless recycling of all the stuff from the previous games (or lets be fair.. just Far Cry 3) that makes me spit on this game and warn everybody that if you fall for this, the gaming industry will be reminded yet AGAIN that innovation is a waste of time and resources.

Edit/Add: I started playing this game all fresh and loved it for the first 4 hours, by the way. But have you ever misunderstood nausea for hunger and you ended up throwing up all the chinese food you ordered? That analogy fits my FC5 experience.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2018, 11:43.

Apr 5, 2018, 08:34
Nimh

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 08:34
Apr 5, 2018, 08:34
 Nimh

I'm enjoying it.. I wish it had a survival mode (sparser resources and less encounters) like Primal, but otherwise good.

Apr 5, 2018, 06:12
Rigs

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 06:12
Apr 5, 2018, 06:12
 Rigs

So, was this what they were filming two years ago? Remember right before the announcement of FC5, there were rumors of filming near a church and some thought it might be RDR2? I think this is what they were filming. Interesting...

=-Rigs-=

Apr 5, 2018, 05:07
Rigs

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 05:07
Apr 5, 2018, 05:07
 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 00:47:
SlimRam wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 23:03:
I kinda liked the mini movie. The actor who plays the lead cult guy is convincingly creepy and dedicated to his apparent cause. Faith is literally my IDEAL woman: Hot, crazy and high

Never stick your dick in crazy. Trust me on that.
Mad

*Opens mouth to say something in response*

...eh, no, he's pretty much right...

=-Rigs-=

Apr 5, 2018, 00:47
Cutter

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 00:47
Apr 5, 2018, 00:47
 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 23:03:
I kinda liked the mini movie. The actor who plays the lead cult guy is convincingly creepy and dedicated to his apparent cause. Faith is literally my IDEAL woman: Hot, crazy and high

Never stick your dick in crazy. Trust me on that.
Mad
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Apr 4, 2018, 23:03
Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 4, 2018, 23:03
Apr 4, 2018, 23:03

Apr 4, 2018, 21:46
Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 4, 2018, 21:46
Apr 4, 2018, 21:46

In the days leading up to the launch of the game, I felt like it might be cool to watch a prequel short film (they had it on Prime Video)... But I didn't last longer than about three minutes because of its ungodly amalgamation of Blair Witch selfie cinematography with shithead millennial "vlogger" characters. No in-game cutscene in the history of the franchise has been so offensive to me.

Apr 4, 2018, 19:55
Rilcon

Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 4, 2018, 19:55
Apr 4, 2018, 19:55
 Rilcon

Huh, kinda figured one of the asscreed games would be their record seller.

I'll get this sometime this year, I figure after the biggest-offender bugs and balancing issues have been ironed out and humble/gog/gamesplanet have a 25%+ sale. Enjoyed FC3 and 4 quite a bit, but oh god do I have enough open world games gathering dust in my library I should finish first...

Apr 4, 2018, 19:48
Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 4, 2018, 19:48
Apr 4, 2018, 19:48

I hope they will release something like The Animus Control Panel for FC5. It seems like it'd be right up its alley.
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older