Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup

Thanks Rhialto and Ant. We accept no responsibility for any guts busted after following any of these links:

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 2, 2018, 14:58 Beamer

Creston wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 14:15:
Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 07:08:
Whoever that "lot of people" are don't understand how the stock market works, nor how debt works. Tesla is an incredibly long ways away from bankrupt status. Doesn't mean they won't get there, but it has an enormous amount of equity it can cash in on.

Are you sure? Moody's lowered Tesla's cred to pretty low levels the other day.

Which hinders, but doesn't destroy, the debt option.
But the company is still worth $45B, and it owns 25% of itself. That's a decent amount of runway. Not runway they want, but they're at least months, not weeks, from bankruptcy.

Ford was a Negative rating for years. It's still around. It's not a growing company, so it had more income to lean on, but Tesla can still get outside financing. It isn't facing immanent bankruptcy. I'm not saying it's healthy, but for a company to go from the $250+ the stock is today to bankrupt within "weeks" takes something utterly catastrophic. AIG. Bear Stearns. Even Enron's fall from $80 to $20 took 9 months.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 2, 2018, 14:15 Creston

Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 07:08:
Whoever that "lot of people" are don't understand how the stock market works, nor how debt works. Tesla is an incredibly long ways away from bankrupt status. Doesn't mean they won't get there, but it has an enormous amount of equity it can cash in on.

Are you sure? Moody's lowered Tesla's cred to pretty low levels the other day.

27. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 2, 2018, 07:08 Beamer

opie wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 02:29:
In case you didn't love him before...

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566101124722688
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566103356194816
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566116614291456

extra funny because a lot of people are saying Tesla is about a week of funds away from bankrupt status.

also, there were hints that "Teslaquilla" will be a real thing.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 2, 2018, 03:10 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:59:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:22:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 12:37:
As for the others. Any serious news-site would be absolutely batshit insane to pull April fools in the age of fake news and twitter shit-storms. So I am really glad not to see any serious news site in this list

Look at the Lexus clip. Its hilarious and face palm inducing at the same time, how obvious they do it just so everyone really 100% for sure understands its a joke. They are all scared to the bone of these PC-shitstorms based on fake news and virtue signalling gone wrong.

And why wouldn't they, it's not like fake news is not a zeitgeist thing already, you can destroy an entire level of trust if you'd put a single "for laughs" news post somewhere where NOBODY expects anything to be fake. Not to mention all these things you correctly mentioned too, causing potentially a shit-storm (that won't care you retroactively call it April Fools) just ain't worth it nowadays.

As I said, any serious news site pulling this would be absolutely crazy to do it. Especially when news are aggregated the original date and meaning/intention can be easily lost too. April fools just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
They always were the zeitgeist.
1964 they started the Vietnam war and caused millions of deaths. 1990 they helped with the invasion of Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people and children. 2003 they caused millions of people to die again and to this date continue to kill more.

And now all of the sudden they get a new name and people think they didnt exist before? No. Its different now. Its virtue signalling now. They didnt care about the many lives before, or else they would have learned a long time ago not to believe everything they hear in the media or from the government. Now its just about them (whatever side) being on the right side, again completely ignoring facts just so they can claim to be "non-fake news". We had that already in history too and it always led to total disaster. Thats the real tragic thing. People who should have learned from pretty recent history are doing the exact opposite and actually help actively so that it repeats.

Yeah but there is a huge difference to 2003, 90 or 64.. nowadays information spreads instantly and often isn't curated by anything other than a filter bubble..... Facebook is notorious for not spreading redaction posts (official ones) of news stories if it doesn't match the filter bubble of the user.

And twitter feeds may promote a story to get clicks but they sure as hell won't promote the correction (if one was posted) and nobody with any braincell believed the WMD story in IRAQ. Germany said no to the war for a reason. ^^

As I said, you are not wrong really, fake news and lies always existed, but before the digital age they didn't spread globally in an instant and the govs believed they can control them for their gains, which they of course can not.
They were still spread by the media. They were also responsible for these wars because they spread the lies that led to them. They did not do their job in checking them. They didnt even listen to critics at all.

Yeah, Germany said no to the war but then still helped with it on several fronts. Also something the media didnt report.

There is no difference. The "official" media just got more competition now. Which is a curse and a blessing, because some of them lie just as much or even more than the media, and some expose the "official" lies by the media.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

25. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 2, 2018, 02:29 opie

In case you didn't love him before...

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566101124722688
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566103356194816
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566116614291456

extra funny because a lot of people are saying Tesla is about a week of funds away from bankrupt status.

also, there were hints that "Teslaquilla" will be a real thing.

24. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 2, 2018, 00:33 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 16:37:
Heh. Cheat Engine told me today that my license had expired, and it would be $1000 to keep using it. I admit, it took me a few seconds of "WTF?" before I remembered the date.

Heh, I wonder how many people crapped their pants at that.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

23. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 16:37 Creston

Heh. Cheat Engine told me today that my license had expired, and it would be $1000 to keep using it. I admit, it took me a few seconds of "WTF?" before I remembered the date.

22. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 16:36 RedEye9

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:00:
Doesn't look good when https://1.1.1.1 does not load.

Works fine for me,
i finally got it to load on another system, weird. Maybe that HOSTS file jdreyer recommended blocked it [wink]
only question is why I wouldn't use my ISP DNS..
Well you might not want to use it, but across the pond Heir Twittler has approved isp's selling every bit of data that they can glean from their customers (it's the gop way).

Cloud Flare has this to say;
Privacy First: Guaranteed.
We will never sell your data or use it to target ads. Period.
We will never log your IP address (the way other companies identify you). And we’re not just saying that. We’ve retained KPMG to audit our systems annually to ensure that we're doing what we say.
Frankly, we don’t want to know what you do on the Internet—it’s none of our business—and we’ve taken the technical steps to ensure we can’t.
so there's that.

Here's a dns benchmarking tool https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

21. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:59 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:38:
As for the others. Any serious news-site would be absolutely batshit insane to pull April fools in the age of fake news and twitter shit-storms. So I am really glad not to see any serious news site in this list

Look at the Lexus clip. Its hilarious and face palm inducing at the same time, how obvious they do it just so everyone really 100% for sure understands its a joke. They are all scared to the bone of these PC-shitstorms based on fake news and virtue signalling gone wrong.

And why wouldn't they, it's not like fake news is not a zeitgeist thing already, you can destroy an entire level of trust if you'd put a single "for laughs" news post somewhere where NOBODY expects anything to be fake. Not to mention all these things you correctly mentioned too, causing potentially a shit-storm (that won't care you retroactively call it April Fools) just ain't worth it nowadays.

As I said, any serious news site pulling this would be absolutely crazy to do it. Especially when news are aggregated the original date and meaning/intention can be easily lost too. April fools just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
1964 they started the Vietnam war and caused millions of deaths. 1990 they helped with the invasion of Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people and children. 2003 they caused millions of people to die again and to this date continue to kill more.

And now all of the sudden they get a new name and people think they didnt exist before? No. Its different now. Its virtue signalling now. They didnt care about the many lives before, or else they would have learned a long time ago not to believe everything they hear in the media or from the government. Now its just about them (whatever side) being on the right side, again completely ignoring facts just so they can claim to be "non-fake news". We had that already in history too and it always led to total disaster. Thats the real tragic thing. People who should have learned from pretty recent history are doing the exact opposite and actually help actively so that it repeats.

Yeah but there is a huge difference to 2003, 90 or 64.. nowadays information spreads instantly and often isn't curated by anything other than a filter bubble..... Facebook is notorious for not spreading redaction posts (official ones) of news stories if it doesn't match the filter bubble of the user.

And twitter feeds may promote a story to get clicks but they sure as hell won't promote the correction (if one was posted) and nobody with any braincell believed the WMD story in IRAQ. Germany said no to the war for a reason. ^^

As I said, you are not wrong really, fake news and lies always existed, but before the digital age they didn't spread globally in an instant and the govs believed they can control them for their gains, which they of course can not.

20. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:38 Muscular Beaver

19. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:36 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:27:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:16:
People talk shit all day long. Some talk so much shit and believe what they say that they indirectly kill millions of people.
This shitpost alone has directly killed billions.
You dont have that many brain cells left.

18. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:30 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:08:
1.x.x.x belongs to the APNIC (Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre), the people in charge of handing out IPv4 address in the Asia-Pacific region. I doubt they'll be giving it up any time soon.

1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.255
1.0.0.1 to 1.0.0.255

are co-owned | from WHOIS -> APNIC and Cloudflare DNS Resolver project

And yes, I did not know this either and thought this was a joke.

17. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:27 RedEye9

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:16:
People talk shit all day long. Some talk so much shit and believe what they say that they indirectly kill millions of people.
This shitpost alone has directly killed billions.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

16. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:25 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:00:
Genesys wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:57:
That Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 article is real, actually... They also have the service on 1.0.0.1 since so many wifi routers have decided that 1.1.1.1 is a suitable IP address for their captive portal (it's even in Cisco's own documentation).
Doesn't look good when https://1.1.1.1 does not load.

Works fine for me, only question is why I wouldn't use my ISP DNS.. which is like 8ms ping or less..... while this 23ms Or put differently, 3 times slower.

15. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:22 eRe4s3r

14. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:16 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:08:

Well, it's hard to blame them when shit like this happens:

Congressman Falls for The Onion's Planned Parenthood 'Abortionplex' Story
Is it? Everyone cries havoc when kids get bullied, but when thousands, if not millions bully a person for a stupid mistake (for whatever reason) its suddenly ok (while often even claiming the bullied person is a bully themself)?
People talk shit all day long. Some talk so much shit and believe what they say that they indirectly kill millions of people. Yet no shitstorm. And then irrelevant crap like this happens and these virtue signalling hypocrites tick out completely.

13. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:08 jdreyer

Well, it's hard to blame them when shit like this happens:

Congressman Falls for The Onion's Planned Parenthood 'Abortionplex' Story

12. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:04 jdreyer

Genesys wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:57:
That Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 article is real, actually... They also have the service on 1.0.0.1 since so many wifi routers have decided that 1.1.1.1 is a suitable IP address for their captive portal (it's even in Cisco's own documentation).

If they're trying to make a joke about making your internet faster, they should have gone with 11.11.11.11, per Spinal Tap.

11. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 14:53 Simon Says

Vibrating seat for nymphomaniacs... xD

10. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 14:47 Muscular Beaver

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo