Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

I think spring may finally be upon us in these parts. This is more than a little overdue, as it's almost two weeks since spring should have hit according to Groundhog Day, and a week since it became spring according to the calendar, but it's remained quite cold, and there are still patches of snow in shady areas. But it was warmer yesterday, and the local 10-day forecast calls for mild highs, and the low temps shouldn't dip below freezing, which is good enough for me.

Warm Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Javelin Fighting.
Science: Amid dangerous vaccine-autism myth, kids with autism aren’t getting their shots.
Meet Your 'Interstitium,' A Newfound Organ.
Where fat goes when you lose weight.
Media: "Number 13" Sci-Fi Short Film - DUST Exclusive Premiere.
Cheerleader Chases Laptop Thief and Catches Her.
How do you feel about the cone on your head?
Follow-up: Prince Had ‘Exceedingly High’ Level of Fentanyl in Body at Death.
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 18:52 Mr. Tact

It will be awesome if it happens, but I won't be holding my breath.  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Amid dangerous vaccine-autism myth, kids with autism aren’t getting their shots. Mar 28, 2018, 02:57 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 22:09:

Paul Ryan Should Be Safe in November. He Isn't.
oh please oh please oh please

Rumor is Ryan will retire to avoid getting the blame for the slaughter in November.

Hmm, The Slaughter in November sounds like an awesome movie title.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Amid dangerous vaccine-autism myth, kids with autism aren’t getting their shots. Mar 27, 2018, 22:09 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 21:06:
Leper wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 18:33:
leper derp

Einstein, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Dan Akroyd are among the many famous and successful autistics. The BitTorrent guy too. Think of where we'd be without these people.

Also too: Fuck you.
ditto on the also too

Paul Ryan Should Be Safe in November. He Isn't.
oh please oh please oh please

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

4. Re: Amid dangerous vaccine-autism myth, kids with autism aren’t getting their shots. Mar 27, 2018, 21:08 Scheherazade

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 21:06:
Good for them. If I had autism I'd probably want to be put out of my misery, too.

Einstein, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Dan Akroyd are among the many famous and successful autistics. The BitTorrent guy too. Think of where we'd be without these people.

"autism"

There was a time when these people's autisms would have simply been differences of character, and they would have not been judged as defective.

-scheherazade

3. Re: Amid dangerous vaccine-autism myth, kids with autism aren’t getting their shots. Mar 27, 2018, 21:06 jdreyer

Good for them. If I had autism I'd probably want to be put out of my misery, too.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. removed Mar 27, 2018, 18:33 Leper

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 28, 2018, 08:23.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2018, 11:00 Cutter

Yeah, the 14 day forecast still shows low single digits - 1C-5C - on average. Bleh. I hope this isn't a repeat of last year when the weather didn't really start getting consistently nice until the end of fucking June.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >