Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start

Sea of Thieves is now officially available for Windows 10 and Xbox One, but not everyone who bought Rare's nautical adventure game is getting out of port. I experienced this personally as part of a group of four who could not play, as all we got from several hours of trying to join servers was a collection of rejection messages from Captain Cinnamonbeard. This tweet says they are working on making the playing experience "optimal," though at this point it would be a vast improvement for some of us just to have a playing experience of any sort. Word is:

For those playing and those joining we are continuing to work on improvements to the game in order to ensure the playing experience will be optimal. Please be patient as we are working on updates.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 23:00 Mordecai Walfish

You don't have to even try game pass to play the game for free currently; there are ways that someone without the game on their Xbox account can play the full relase with no restrictions.. on Windows 10 at least. This isn't some thing randomly found on the internet either, I figured this out on my own on release day and it is beyond trivial with no cracks or anything required. UWP isn't the secured walled garden Microsoft touted it to be.. not by a long shot. They have done so much work making these (multiple layers of) convoluted permissions and access systems that one wonders if it could really ever be secure.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 17:41 HoSpanky

Flo wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 16:44:
Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 16:32:
"We can't be bothered to pay for enough infrastructure. Please queue and stop saying that you want to play the game you paid for, you entitled bastards."
.....or didn't pay for because you use the 14 days free gamepass trick, you bastards! ARRRRR

The lesson Microsoft will learn from this is “don’t put brand new games in gamepass”. This was a problem they should have seen from miles away.

11. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 17:13 Kxmode

Flo wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 16:44:
"We can't be bothered to pay for enough infrastructure. Please queue and stop saying that you want to play the game you paid for, you entitled bastards."
.....or didn't pay for because you use the 14 days free gamepass trick, you bastards! ARRRRR

Pirates do as pirates do.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 16:44 Flo

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

9. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 16:32 Creston

8. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2018, 15:39 deqer

Another always-online title. Yay...

7. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 15:32 Kxmode

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 11:12:
Considering they had a long open/closed Beta, I'm curious what the hell happened.

Likely not understanding launch-day hype/reception. IT folks side on an err of caution and go for less than more (likely for budgetary reasons). The irony is having such a horrible start does more damage to the game than if no expense was spared to ensure a problem-free launch day.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

6. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 15:27 Kxmode

Arrrrrrrrr.rrrrr... .r.rr.rr. .r.rr.r. . ... ~DISCONNECTED~  

5. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 15:06 Steele Johnson

Rhett wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 12:48:
Considering they had a long open/closed Beta, I'm curious what the hell happened.

Maybe they knew the price was too steep, but Microsoft insisted.. and they didn't expect people to actually buy it. >_>

Or maybe that Game Pass thing is getting a ton of people to try it for free.

Likely a game pass issue since there's nothing new that this game brings to the table. It's another been-there-done-that type game with less features than similar games. The price tag is a joke.

4. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 14:41 yonder

Just because you have the *opportunity* to fix problems doesn't mean they'll be fixed. It's a Microsoft-owned studio. You should expect that, there's about 20 years of evidence.

3. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 12:48 Rhett

Maybe they knew the price was too steep, but Microsoft insisted.. and they didn't expect people to actually buy it. >_>

Or maybe that Game Pass thing is getting a ton of people to try it for free.

2. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 12:46 Darks

LOL, well deserved!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 11:12 BIGtrouble77

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo