Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sea of Thieves Sets Sail

Xbox Live's Major Nelson announces the official launch of Sea of Thieves as an Xbox Play Anywhere title for Windows 10 and Xbox One. Here's a new live action trailer with a tour of the "Museum of More Pirate" hosted by Sean Astin (who seems to be in the process of becoming Nathan Lane), and the launch trailer features gameplay. Here's the official description of Rare's seafaring action/adventure:

Packed to the seams with sailing and exploring, fighting and plundering, riddle solving and treasure hunting, Sea of Thieves has everything you need to live the pirate life you’ve always dreamed about. Set in a glorious world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves immerses you in a new type of multiplayer action. Whether you’re adventuring as a group or sailing solo, you’re bound to encounter other crews – but will they be friends or foes? And how will you respond?

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: SOS Early Access Apr 12, 2018, 15:49 Angrius Maximis

"Been playing the game and it is definitely worth the $60 IMO. How many games are? I think the PS4 people are eating their heart out! :

Looking back now this is the dumbest comment of March.

I think we all know Sea of Thieves turned out to be a joke. Oh and PS4 people are fine we have the 95% rated God of War out next week. Dumbass

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 22, 2018, 03:43 Numinar

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 11:15:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 10:20:
Been playing the game and it is definitely worth the $60 IMO. How many games are? I think the PS4 people are eating their heart out!

No way compared to the games I play, which have a lot more content for a lot less.

Content maybe, but there is a sheer joy to the act of playing some games that make it worthwhile for some people. I've also got hundreds of hours out of $20 (or less) games like Factorio, Kerbal, Eurotruck, PUBG, Men of War Assault Squad etc. This is something different and I think valuable. But maybe I am alone in having a Sea of Thieves shaped hole in my game collection.

Probably should have been half the price though, few MP only games get away with that price tag. I already got my moneys worth out of my Beta sessions and the first few days off this and I still didn't buy it, the Gamepass deal will let me effectively demo it.

Getting matched with lame crews sucks but easy enough to work that out and try again, found a few good groups of randos and had a whale of a time.

45. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 17:34 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 12:32:
This looks... pretty boring. Although that's probably good for the game, as Fortnite/PLUNKBAT look pretty boring to me, and they're making billions of dollars.

Fortnite, boring? ha.

Let's just say my main go to game for the past 6 months has been fortnite, and i got bored of Sea of Thieves within 2 hours.

44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2018, 13:44 Mordecai Walfish

Rhett wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 10:12:
Definitely worth trying, it's just not worth $60. :/

And because it's a Microsoft Store game, it'll never go on sale.

Been playing the game and it is definitely worth the $60 IMO. How many games are? I think the PS4 people are eating their heart out!

Agreed it is worth the price, but it's not everyone's mug of grog. PS4 people probably arent really too concerned with Ni No Kuni 2 coming out this week.

43. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 13:01 Quinn

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 10:30:
Quinn wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:35:
Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:04:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most.

Of course you'll try it out, Prez. It seems you try out every game xD

Haha yes I really do love trying out new games (just not not the no-effort drek that Steam routinely shits out of it's bowels on a weekly basis). More often than not I find games that tend to get downvoted for being buggy, repetitive, or boring to my liking. I can't tell you how many games that have "mixed " or even "mostly negative" reviews on Steam that I've played and got considerable enjoyment out of.

Steam should let us filter the reviews/scores by age, I think. I care basically nothing about what the youngsters think of a game. I'm more interested about what the old and jaded think about them

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

42. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks... pretty boring. Although that's probably good for the game, as Fortnite/PLUNKBAT look pretty boring to me, and they're making billions of dollars.

Still, Windows 10 exclusive? Windows Store only?

41. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 11:15 HorrorScope

No way compared to the games I play, which have a lot more content for a lot less.

40. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 10:30 Prez

Quinn wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:35:

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most.

Haha yes I really do love trying out new games (just not not the no-effort drek that Steam routinely shits out of it's bowels on a weekly basis). More often than not I find games that tend to get downvoted for being buggy, repetitive, or boring to my liking. I can't tell you how many games that have "mixed " or even "mostly negative" reviews on Steam that I've played and got considerable enjoyment out of.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

39. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 10:20 Ozmodan

Rhett wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 10:12:

38. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 10:12 Rhett

37. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:35 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

36. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:19 Redmask

It's a demonstration of the awesome cloud power of Azure  

35. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:04 Prez

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most. Too bad it's published by Microsoft though.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

34. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 01:03 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 20:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 18:28:
[quot

I concur.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

33. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 00:48 SacredGinmill

We all know the deal, they don't want to spend too much money on hardware so it is all sitting around when players give up on the game. But you need to buy enough to handle the new release surge.
Too bad Microsoft doesn't have some kind of system where they can add/remove servers on the fly as load is needed. /s

32. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 21:28 HorrorScope

60 bucks? LOL. I guess they are using this to push Game Pass.  

31. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 21:16 Steele Johnson

Another over-hyped game that brings nothing new to the table. Just look at gameplay vids. Bleh  

30. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 20:23 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 18:28:
[quot

I concur.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

29. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 19:34 CJ_Parker

Poor single geezer hamster on crutches is getting hammered by the three people who actually use the Microshit store...

28. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 19:10 xXStellarDadXx

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo