Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week

EA announces a revamped progression system is coming to Star Wars Battlefront II on March 21st as they continue to respond to audience feedback on the Star Wars action game. Word is players are keeping everything they've already unlocked, but that progression will be linear in the future, and players will no longer be able to purchase loot boxes. However, beginning next month, everyone will be able to purchase appearances directly. Here is the post:
Since release, we've been hard at work making changes based on your feedback to create a better game for all our players. Today, we're happy to announce that the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Progression update, which includes a complete re-design of the in-game progression system, will begin rolling out on March 21st. There are also some additional changes coming to the cosmetics in the game, but we'll get to that in a bit...

With this update, progression is now linear. Star Cards, or any other item impacting gameplay, will only be earned through gameplay and will not be available for purchase. Instead, you’ll earn experience points for the classes, hero characters, and ships that you choose to play in multiplayer. If you earn enough experience points to gain a level for that unit, you'll receive one Skill Point that can be used to unlock or upgrade the eligible Star Card you'd like to equip.

You'll keep everything you’ve already earned and unlocked. You will keep all of the Star Cards, heroes, weapons, or anything else you have already earned. What you have earned will still be available to use with this update regardless of how much or little progress you have already made.

Crates no longer include Star Cards and cannot be purchased. Crates are earned by logging in daily, completing Milestones, and through timed challenges. Inside of these crates, you'll find Credits or cosmetic items, such as emotes or victory poses, but nothing that impacts gameplay.

Starting in April, you’ll be able to get appearances directly through in-game Credits or Crystals. The first new appearances are coming soon, meaning you'll be able to grab new looks for your heroes and troopers directly by using either Credits (earned in-game) or Crystals (available to purchase in-game and through first-party stores). If you’ve ever dreamed of being a part of the Resistance as a Rodian, your chance is right around the corner.

These changes are a major step as we continue to improve the core of the game and add new content. And there’s a lot more to come. In addition to continued balance patches, we will also add a number of modes to Star Wars Battlefront II in the coming months, offering several standout, brand-new ways to play. Some of these, like the recently released limited-time Jetpack Cargo, are radically different than anything you've experienced in the game before, and we're excited to surprise you with what we have planned.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Update releases on March 21, with more content rolling out in the following weeks. We're truly excited for the future of the game, and we would be honored if you would join us on this journey.
View : : :
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week
Mar 21, 2018, 03:56
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 21, 2018, 03:56
Mar 21, 2018, 03:56

Slick wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 23:30:
Now: 480 crafting parts upgrades one Rare card to Epic

April: 480 crafting parts converts to 12 skill points upgrading 12 Rare card to Epic.

So it got.. grindier? Is that even word?

Mar 18, 2018, 11:47
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 18, 2018, 11:47
Mar 18, 2018, 11:47

Hrm, changes to the game sound good, although I'm still probably going to wait for a decent to massive sale price.

Mar 17, 2018, 21:31
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 21:31
Mar 17, 2018, 21:31
 Slick

Also, yes! Their messaging was SHITE.

Featurelist:

-SWBF2 has no season pass (everyone gets all DLC)

-3x more content than the last one.

That's about it, they pushed the 3x more content, but they REALLY did not even mention the fact that they weren't going to divide the active online player base with a season pass. It was their strongest card that they never played... Also No more random powerups to collect to become a hero, Battlepoints system makes sense, reminds me of ET:QW. Lightsaber play is very satisfying (good physics). Starfighter Assault actually feels like a real mode now, a competant mini-game within the game. And you know lots more. but whatever. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mar 17, 2018, 21:21
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 21:21
Mar 17, 2018, 21:21
 Slick

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 12:13:
I think Slick has a point, what I see is a bunch of possibly uniformed mob mentality. I really think the news is the players had a direct effect on loot-boxes not only in this game but the industry and this game was at the center of this. I'm by no means a SWBF2 tit-for-tat feature expert.

Mob mentality indeed.

If I were to literally spell out the nitty gritty facts, and comparisons to other games which have done much more egregious shit, you would THINK it would clear the air.

NOPE.

It just makes me a further shill.

Steve Bannon being able to harness WoW gamer's wrath for his own political ends makes more and more sense as the days go by.

Facts be damned. This whole debacle has been emotionally hijacked. And you can't talk down fervour with facts.

1) It was never "pay2win" they literally stopped it before the game launched. Only people who pre-ordered who had the 3 days early access could buy crates. I bought some, I've since played the game normally, gotten %100 milestone completion and opened LITERALLY over 1000 crates. The $20 I spent got me about 20 crates. What a waste of cash that was.

2) "P2W" is being used veeeeeery creatively. It's almost as if words have no meaning.

3) THEY'VE FIXED IT! Progression is now tied directly to how you do in that class! They literally couldn't have done better. They starting working within the first days after launch of a new game on how to TOTALLY REWORK IT, and THEY DID.

Did this mean that they're free from sin, fuck no! But Jesus man, I don't know who else you'd treat this way IRL.

"Oh I'm still mad at that mistake you made 4 months ago, then immediately corrected, while ACTUALLY reinventing the whole thing you've made to suit your customers... BUT STILL THOUGH ". Should they have done this from the get go? SURE! But that wasn't what happened.

They listened.

They changed.

------

Gamers mad at "random progression" are super happy. And YES! I put forth Reddit as THE CLEAR CUT CASE.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THAT REDDIT?! It makes this forum look like Candyland with rainbows and sunshine.

That is the reddit that's home to the MOST DOWNVOTED REDDIT COMMENT OF ALL TIME.

THE FACT THAT THEY'RE ACTUALLY HAPPY MEANS YOU KNOBHEADS SHOULD PAY ATTENTION.

When Satan himself goes: "Actually they did a good job" you might want to do a double-take from your pre-conceived "EA IZ BAD ETC." nonsense.

And from the sounds of it, it's Disney that might have been culpable. DICE know gamers, Disney doesn't. Infact it's been revealed that the few times their Devs have been allowed to speak out, they've let it be known that it's Disney that's muzzling them.

But you know, who needs to dig through a story when you can get all you need from a headline "EA IZ VRRY BAD MMMKAY" and all go rah rah rah. I'm more concerned with the studio DICE, their corporate overlords haven't generally fucked up their products until Disney came along....

Mar 17, 2018, 12:13
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 12:13
Mar 17, 2018, 12:13

I think Slick has a point, what I see is a bunch of possibly uniformed mob mentality. I really think the news is the players had a direct effect on loot-boxes not only in this game but the industry and this game was at the center of this. I'm by no means a SWBF2 tit-for-tat feature expert.

Mar 17, 2018, 09:13
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 09:13
Mar 17, 2018, 09:13

Prez wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 06:52:
Jesus Slick the extent to which you take your EA apologist role makes me sincerely hope you are an EA employee. At least that would make it understandable. If you aren't it really makes me sorry for you. To expect people to be grateful to EA for making their Star Wars game closer to something not a cynical predatory gambling simulator months after release is just utterly baffling.

How much of a shill do you have to be in order to use a reddit forum as your example of success? I'm thinking of coding a plugin for my browser that replaces "Slick" with "Shill," just as a reminder...

Mar 17, 2018, 06:52
Prez

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 06:52
Mar 17, 2018, 06:52
 Prez

Jesus Slick the extent to which you take your EA apologist role makes me sincerely hope you are an EA employee. At least that would make it understandable. If you aren't it really makes me sorry for you. To expect people to be grateful to EA for making their Star Wars game closer to something not a cynical predatory gambling simulator months after release is just utterly baffling.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Mar 16, 2018, 23:30
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 23:30
Mar 16, 2018, 23:30
 Slick

Now: 480 crafting parts upgrades one Rare card to Epic

April: 480 crafting parts converts to 12 skill points upgrading 12 Rare card to Epic.

Mar 16, 2018, 22:17
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 22:17
Mar 16, 2018, 22:17
 Slick

BTW, this is the last weekend to get the Luke Hoth Skin.

Mar 16, 2018, 20:21
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 20:21
Mar 16, 2018, 20:21
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 19:00:
Slick, did you forget about the 60,000 battle points needed to unlock Vader and Luke?

the comment about it being a sense of "pride and accomplishment" is what unhinged people on reddit, and rightfully so.

Right, and then they changed it to 15,000, 10,000 and 5,000 credits to unlock each of the few locked heroes. They did this in the first week.

Are people really still mad about this? Maybe if they didn't address it and fix it, but jesus, that was 4 months ago.

Mar 16, 2018, 20:06
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 20:06
Mar 16, 2018, 20:06

There's always someone to defend anything.

Mar 16, 2018, 19:00
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 19:00
Mar 16, 2018, 19:00

Slick, did you forget about the 60,000 battle points needed to unlock Vader and Luke?

the comment about it being a sense of "pride and accomplishment" is what unhinged people on reddit, and rightfully so.

Mar 16, 2018, 18:45
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 18:45
Mar 16, 2018, 18:45
 Slick

Something to consider...

The wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the Battlefront Reddit has the first page littered with praise, and people doing backflips over this news.

Might be worth keeping this in perspective, that people who actually play/care about the game are over the moon at this news.

Mar 16, 2018, 18:31
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 18:31
Mar 16, 2018, 18:31
 Slick

It's funny how people here are still insinuating that there's paid progression.

1) They completely halted paid lootboxes the day before launch.

2) As of next week, You won't be able to purchase lootboxes at all (even with in-game credits).

3) lootboxes are just for cosmetic items, and only earnable through in-game milestones.

4) All levelling is going to be class/hero specific, and you only progress by playing that class/hero.

5) Crafting parts are going to be turned into skill points (1 class/hero level) at the generous rate of 40 CP = 1 skill point in early April. This is a massive giveaway to all the current players. In 5 days of playing I can earn probably the equivalent of 100 levels.

It's been 4 months since launch, and they've completely changed the progression system. Which is exactly what fans asked for. Now that they've delivered, your first instinct is "too little too late", or "this is garbage bullshit anyways".

WHY do they even try to bother pleasing people like you? I'm fine keeping the progression the way it is, where I have 50+ epic tier cards and no one else does cause it's hard to earn them.

Mar 16, 2018, 17:30
Kxmode

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 17:30
Mar 16, 2018, 17:30
 Kxmode

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:05:
I don't think neutral means what you think it means.

Neutrality means precisely what I implied. If Blue decided not to post a news article because of bias he would be "helping or supporting a side in a disagreement." In other words, not adhering to impartiality.
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Mar 16, 2018, 17:05
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 17:05
Mar 16, 2018, 17:05

Kxmode wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 16:46:
Darks wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 10:32:
Blues, you would be doing everyone a favor if you dont post anything about EA or this crap infested game. Does anyone really care about this game or anything EA related anymore?

This site is a neutral purveyor of gaming news. I don't want Stephen to "censor" anything, especially the stuff we loathed.

I don't think neutral means what you think it means.

Mar 16, 2018, 16:56
Kxmode

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 16:56
Mar 16, 2018, 16:56
 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 12:43:
I am going to buy it for the single-player game only when it hits $5 - or maybe $10.

Same. I don't care how much tech EA put into the game. At best, a 4-5 hour campaign is a $5 product.

P.S. All I want is an excellent single-player Star Wars game. It's not too much to ask. There's still a profitable market for these games. Just ask Ubisoft about ACO and Rockstar about GTA5.
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Mar 16, 2018, 16:46
Kxmode

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 16:46
Mar 16, 2018, 16:46
 Kxmode

Blues, you would be doing everyone a favor if you dont post anything about EA or this crap infested game. Does anyone really care about this game or anything EA related anymore?

This site is a neutral purveyor of gaming news. I don't want Stephen to "censor" anything, especially the stuff we loathed.

Mar 16, 2018, 16:44
Kxmode

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 16:44
Mar 16, 2018, 16:44
 Kxmode

Since release, we've been hard at work making changes based on your feedback to create a better game for all our players.

Pretty sure it wasn't gamer feedback that prompted changes.

Mar 16, 2018, 16:32
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 16:32
Mar 16, 2018, 16:32

I second that
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older