Primalchrome wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 11:41:
Goodtry wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 00:20:That's a loaded question. I'll give you a quick synopsis of why people whine about MWO :
What's wrong with Mechwarrior online?
- They made promises they didn't keep like 3rd person viewing.
- There's no single player
- They made it F2P rather than $60 flat.
- I can't *own* a physical copy of the game.
- You have to grind out additional chassis rather than have all of them available when you start.
- Nitpicks about how weapons work and 'canon'.
- Nitpicks about everything else and 'canon'.
- And my absolute favorite : "I can't play the game the way I want to." IE, I suck and my favorite loadout is shit and I get steamrolled when I try to shoehorn it into a game. Like boating Small Lasers and charging across a wide open field screaming 'bushido!".
Basically old grognards (like me) are the biggest detriment to new Battletech games because they will piss and moan about EVERY goddamn thing.
In order of the above list:
1.) name me one game that didnt have its design doc changed for various reasons. Most reasons are pretty sound.
2.) Have you been living under a rock? Pirhana & S&T spent a quarter million making that cinematic to shop to publishers. They and fans loved it. unfortunately MS refused to allow a Playstation port (MS owns the IP). Everyone backed off. MWO was plan B.
3.) Right, so a niche IP that MIGHT sell 100k copies is a sound investment for a flat fee game? Go to business school bud.
4.) Its an online only game. A physical copy makes absolutely no sense.
5.)ie; the COD school of MP gaming. Like it or not, thats how the market is and its what people want. I dont like it either but given that or no game at all Ill take the game
6.) This has been a neverending debate since MW2. No one has ever agreed on it.
7.) Battletech fans are a pain in the fucking ass. (see 6)
9.) see 7
your last statement. *Bro hug*. Ive been in the effing "community" since MW2 too. In the end its still a lotta fun.
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."