Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September?

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is apparently coming in September. The Tomb Raider Website has a caption that says MARCH 15TH, 2018 6:00 A M P D T, presumably a tease of an announcement (which thankfully dispenses with a countdown timer to challenge our math skills). It seems we won't have to wait until tomorrow to learn the significance of this, though, as Kotaku snooped through the HTML and found a release date listing. They say the site's source code includes the following tidbit: ""Shadow of The Tomb Raider is the climatic finale of Lara’s origin story. Available September 14th 2018."
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 17:57 Jivaro

I don't usually get these on day one, but I have them all and I have played them all. I have liked every game from the beginning and thought they were worth the money I paid for them. Really looking forward to having another one to play.

Also nervous because this is one of the last Square Enix series that I still can get excited about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 17:23 jacobvandy

Well, I did enjoy the last game, but between that and Deus Ex, they seem to be trending more and more toward online gameplay they can sell loot boxes for...  

5. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 15:06 CJ_Parker

I just hope they've hired someone with better writing skills than a pre-school toddler for this one. Call of the Risen Duty Raider had some nice graphics, level design and mostly decent gameplay (e.g. stealth could have been more fleshed out) but the story, characters and writing was a-b-y-s-m-a-l.

That was some of the worst shit I've seen in a so called AAA game in years. Seriously. What a bunch of dumbfuck drivel that came out of Lara's, Jonah's and Jacob's mouths.

Also agree with HoSpanky that it's best to ignore that it's supposed to be a Tomb Raider game. It's not. Not even close.

However, it's still a decent enough action romp so I will get SotTR whenever the GOTY goes on sale (deep-fuck Square Enix DLC'o'rama!).

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 14:13 Leper

I hope it lives up to Rise of the Tomb Raider since that one was awesome. I've said this before on here but the Xbox One controller used some of what I'll call "advanced" vibration effects in that game. I wish other games utilized the controller like that. Not sure if the PS4 controller has something similar or not.  

3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 12:39 CthulhuFan

Awesome news, I've been hoping for word of this having really enjoyed the last two. Having just installed a new card to replace my aging R9 290X, I am ret-2-go for this in 4K (hopefully).  

2. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 11:28 HoSpanky

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 11:22:
YESSSS! One of my favorite game series, at least since the reboot.

Yep, enjoyed both of them so far. The distinct lack of Tomb Raiding makes the title misleading, but ignore that and they’re great fun.

1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 11:22 Agent.X7

YESSSS! One of my favorite game series, at least since the reboot.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >