Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 14, 2018, 10:18 Bard

Facebook news?

During the election I noticed some trended Trump attack ads (disclosure, i think neither choice was a decent human being).

Out of curiosity I checked out the Domain Registration history of the trended sites in question, and went back through the internet time machine, and found pretty quickly that the sites were purchases of lapsed domains that had contained other things (HeatStreet for example, was a driveway heating company). Before the registration had been anonymized I found that a PR company in Washington had bought them.

Both domains had been purchased, basic RSS fed CMS's had been set up, and were being pumped with the same generic clickbait stuff.

Alexa (the web site statistics site) showed that the sites had pretty much zero traffic.

Yet all of a sudden, Trump attack stuff being hosted on these two sites was trended in Facebook immediately?

When I presented the heatstreet facebook account with the information I found, on their facebook page, the facebook account went dark within minutes. Only to come back sometime later with a new and clean facebook account.

Facebook getting into News looks suspect as hell....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo