Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released

Bethesda.net has news that The Deeds of Captain Wilkins is now available for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, completing the Freedom Chronicles DLC trilogy for the alternate history shooter. They offer a new trailer setting up the story and showing off gameplay. Here's word:

Gather ‘round, lovers of freedom! Following The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe and The Diaries of Agent Silent Death comes a third tale of heroism, courage, valor and good ol’ fashioned Nazi-killin’.

The Deeds of Captain Wilkins, the final installment in the Freedom Chronicles trilogy, is now available. In this thrilling chapter renowned US Army veteran and resistance fighter Captain Gerald Wilkins travels to Nazi-controlled Alaska, armed with a stolen experimental battlewalker contraption, to stop a nefarious superweapon known as the Sun Gun.

The Deeds of Captain Wilkins is the third expansion in the Freedom Chronicles Season Pass, a series of DLC packs for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus featuring the stories of three unique heroes fighting for liberty against the Nazi scourge. The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass can be purchased digitally for $24.99 (US) / £17.99 (UK) / $34.95 (AUS) / €24.99 (EUR).

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 14, 2018, 10:29 Beamer

Quinn wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 19:07:
Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 18:37:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 17:29:
El Pit wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 13:40:
Wolfenstein II is one of the many games I bought early because of how much I liked the first game and then won't touch for 2 or 3 years because of the many games on my backlog which is constantly growing because I bought the games early because of how much I liked...

Ehm...

Where are my meds again? And somebody please destroy my credit card. Thanks!

Yep, that's why I wait for the majority of the games I want to play to go down in price now. AC Origins we bought at release and I played the nso tout of it, but Dishonered 2 (Heck, even the DLC for the 1st) I waited on, waited on the Original Wolf remake, Ghost Recon, etc. Too much on the backlog list to go paying full price for stuff I won't play until it is $9.99 anyway.

Yup. I rarely pay over $10. Not that games aren't worth it to me, just that I often find something there that I want to play.

But I paid full price, plus season pass, for this. And FC5, I'm sure.

So you pay full price for games of devs that hardly need your hard earned buck, but wait for the smaller companies to beg for a slither of the worth of their games? XD

It's rare that I vote with my dollars or my time. I buy what will make me happy at that time. Unless I need to play a game now, I'll play something comparable. It's why I haven't played Far Cry Primal - it doesn't look great, and there's always something that looks better, cheaper. Deus Ex 2 and Dishonored 2 are two sequels that probably could have used me buying immediately, but I was never in the mood for them so didn't bother (I ended up buying one for $9.99 and am not sure I'll ever even get around to it, so they made out better in the end, anyway.)

For the most part, I don't buy in sales anymore. I buy the game I want when I want to play it, instead of buying a sale item hoping to want it later. Doesn't matter if it's full price, but usually unless there's a game I feel like I need right now, while browsing I see 3 or 4 that look like they'd be fun at the moment, and one is probably $9.99.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 14, 2018, 03:27 Rigs

Quinn wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 19:07:
Yup. I rarely pay over $10. Not that games aren't worth it to me, just that I often find something there that I want to play.

So you pay full price for games of devs that hardly need your hard earned buck, but wait for the smaller companies to beg for a slither of the worth of their games? XD

Hmmm...

So you pay full price for the girl that can make virtual love to you without ever touching you in the Champagne Room but wait for the new girl that can't even twerk without farting to beg for a sliver of her worth?

Yeah, sounds about right.

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 19:07 Quinn

Wolfenstein II is one of the many games I bought early because of how much I liked the first game and then won't touch for 2 or 3 years because of the many games on my backlog which is constantly growing because I bought the games early because of how much I liked...

Ehm...

Yep, that's why I wait for the majority of the games I want to play to go down in price now. AC Origins we bought at release and I played the nso tout of it, but Dishonered 2 (Heck, even the DLC for the 1st) I waited on, waited on the Original Wolf remake, Ghost Recon, etc. Too much on the backlog list to go paying full price for stuff I won't play until it is $9.99 anyway.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 18:37 Beamer

Ehm...

-------------

5. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 17:29 Agent.X7

Ehm...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 15:11 Luke

Ehm...

Talk to your doc...

3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 14:52 Beamer

Ehm...

I loved it.
Story beats aside, the time between killing was often too long for me, the actual killing was exactly as I want. You can sneak a good amount, but you're probably going to screw up and go in guns a'blazin. Sneaking is mostly just crouching, knifing, and using a silenced gun. Shallow, but super rewarding.

But then running into a room with akimbo shotguns modified to shoot 3 rounds per trigger blast, with the rounds ricocheting... too much fun.

-------------

2. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Mar 13, 2018, 14:44 {PH}88fingers

Ehm...

qft

1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 13:40 El Pit

Ehm...

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo