Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

PixARK Early Access This Month

Snail Games announces PixARK, a voxel-graphics survival game that uses the same setting as Ark: Survival Evolved. This is expected later this year for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch, but some platforms will have the chance to play it sooner, as this is planned to come to Steam Early Access and Xbox Games Preview on March 27th. This trailer features a look at gameplay, and here's a list of features this will support:

• Single player and online multiplayer
  • The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
  • Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
  • Character progression and customization
  • Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
  • Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
  • More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 14, 2018, 02:35 jdreyer

Talisorn wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 21:11:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 16:03:
Rhett wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 15:56:
I was looking into it, apparently the dev is responsible for Dark and Light (another ARK clone... at least, as far as I know, it is..). Also, by default, there seems to be a 3-day time limit on all tames in-game for some reason. Supposedly mod support is intended though.

Also a possibility of microtransactions, due to the dev's history in mobile games and Asia-based MMOs. No word on the release date or price from what I could see (besides March).

It's probably actually going to be neat, I'm just getting tired of the Minecraft trend/graphics is all. =P I used to co-run a popular ARK server, and have a lot of biased hate for how Wildcard treated the game.

I hear you. I sometimes get tired of all the pixelart titles that come out and wish they had better, cleaner graphics. I still bought Into the Breach though.

I'm looking forward to it actually. I played Cubeworld heaps when it was actually still actively in development, but that seems to have died. At least I can run a persistant server without it taxing my machine to death.
Have you tried Stellar Overload? It's pretty cool. Like MC but multiple blocky planets you can fly to.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 13, 2018, 21:11 Talisorn

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 16:03:
I was looking into it, apparently the dev is responsible for Dark and Light (another ARK clone... at least, as far as I know, it is..). Also, by default, there seems to be a 3-day time limit on all tames in-game for some reason. Supposedly mod support is intended though.

Also a possibility of microtransactions, due to the dev's history in mobile games and Asia-based MMOs. No word on the release date or price from what I could see (besides March).

It's probably actually going to be neat, I'm just getting tired of the Minecraft trend/graphics is all. =P I used to co-run a popular ARK server, and have a lot of biased hate for how Wildcard treated the game.

I hear you. I sometimes get tired of all the pixelart titles that come out and wish they had better, cleaner graphics. I still bought Into the Breach though.

I'm looking forward to it actually. I played Cubeworld heaps when it was actually still actively in development, but that seems to have died. At least I can run a persistant server without it taxing my machine to death.

5. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 13, 2018, 16:03 jdreyer

4. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 13, 2018, 15:56 Rhett

3. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 13, 2018, 15:37 SpectralMeat

Anyone knows what the price of this is going to be?
Asking for a friend

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 13, 2018, 15:29 jdreyer

It's not just little kids that have a Minecraft addiction! Er, I mean, at least that's what my friend told me.

1. Re: PixARK Early Access This Month Mar 13, 2018, 10:31 Rhett

Oh god why. Gotta cash in on the little kids and their minecraft addiction.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo