Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2018, 02:33 Scheherazade

YourNick wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 00:35:
A quarter a kwh, same price as getting electricity anywhere else (well, don't have to worry about tiers as you get with electric companies.) Any chance of a supercharger installed in ones personal garage?

Model S and X only get 400kwh a year free? I thought it was unlimited, or did they change it recently?

IIRC it worked something like this :

For a model S, for the first few years, they offered unlimited supercharging with a purchase, for the life of the car (regardless of ownership trasfer).

(*The model S 60, required a $2500 unlimited charging option to be purchased. 75, 85, etc, all had it included.)

Then later it was free but only the first 400 kwh, and only for the first owner.

Then they upgraded the free 400, to free unlimited, still for the first owner.

So, it depends on when you bought your car.

(Model X got the same deal. Model 3 is not included AFAIK.)

-scheherazade

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2018, 02:26 swedishfriend

Tesla says its prices will still be cheaper than filling up with gas according to article, one problem: %0.26 per KWh x 260kwh = $68 to fill up your Tesla... Gas prices are not this high these days... So What am I missing?  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2018, 00:35 YourNick

A quarter a kwh, same price as getting electricity anywhere else (well, don't have to worry about tiers as you get with electric companies.) Any chance of a supercharger installed in ones personal garage?

Model S and X only get 400kwh a year free? I thought it was unlimited, or did they change it recently?

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 13, 2018, 12:59 Cutter

And that's why I'm buying a hybrid. Well one of the reasons at any rate.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 13, 2018, 10:51 Creston

Well, nothing in Tesla is a profit center, so...

~ $650 million dollar loss this past quarter.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo