Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month

Bohemia Interactive announces an April 11th release date for the upcoming Tanks DLC for Arma 3, their military shooter sequel. They celebrate the news with more details on the add-on along with the release of a new video developer diary. Word is: "Tanks DLC will conclude Arma 3's current development roadmap by introducing a brand new Main Battle Tank, Armored Weapons Carrier, Tank Destroyer, a short singleplayer mini-campaign, and a singleplayer Showcase scenario." Arma 3 Tanks is now available for preorder through the Bohemia Interactive Store and Steam. The DLC will be accompanied by a major update for the base game:

Tanks DLC will be complemented by a major free platform update (version 1.82). This update introduces free new features and bonus content for all owners of Arma 3:

• One of the highlight of this update is the addition of fully-modeled 3D interiors for all armored vehicles in Arma 3. On top of that, the overall experience of operating armored vehicles will be enhanced in the form of improved handling, an extended damage model, vehicle customization options, and upgraded audio.
  • Moreover, players will be able to make use of various new targeting options while fighting with or against armored vehicles; the Fire-Control System (FCS) automatically measures the range and speed of a target, adjusts a weapon's zeroing, and calculates the lead to increase the chances of a first-round hit, whereas new missile flight profiles and capabilities enable players to fire missiles in either a direct or top-down attack mode. The update will also add support for terrain-following munitions, plus a few weapons will now also have the ability to lock-on after launch.
  • Aside from new features, the free platform update will also introduce a new team-vs-team multiplayer mode called "Vanguard", 3 new Time Trial Challenges for the new DLC vehicles, as well as free bonus content such as 2 new anti-tank launchers, and new vehicle variants of the Offroad pickup and Light Strike Vehicles that carry a mounted launcher.
  • Lastly, Arma 3 content creators will be able to make use of a variety of free new decorative objects via the in-game Scenario Editor.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 13, 2018, 04:54 Hoop

*purchased*
Thank you BI
You are amazing.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2018, 05:56.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 12, 2018, 23:55 Turd Ferguson

Every time I have to climb a ladder makes me really cringe with distaste...

There are inexpensive ways to do MOCAP these days, ways that don't involve having James Cameron type studios, so for BI not finishing their infantry movement animations and keep releasing all this other content is a bit of a joke.

Even bigger slap in the face is leaving that kind of stuff for modders to pick up the slack for them. Shit, good 70% of content that keeps people playing is made by modders, stuff like Enhanced Movement mod is absolutely fantastic and should have been a part of the core game right from the beginning.

3. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 12, 2018, 22:04 DangerDog

I just wish they would have improved the infantry experience, I'm okay with simulating movement restrictions based on weight and wounds but player's interaction with other objects that aren't terrain based becomes an act of extreme frustration.

Give me Battlefield style player movement with Project Reality style gameplay.

2. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 12, 2018, 21:10 Muscular Beaver

So 5 years after release ArmA 3 finally has as much content as ArmA 2 after 2 years.
Congratulations!
Oh wait, no, its still not enough content for simple game modes like Warfare.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

1. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 12, 2018, 18:34 Joss

Meh, think I'll wait until they get a new engine. (A4/5)  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo