Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K

Fatshark celebrates the successful launch of Warhammer: Vermintide 2, saying the PC melee combat sequel has sold over a half-million units in under a week:

Independent developer Fatshark today announced that Warhammer: Vermintide 2 has surpassed 500,000 units sold just days after being released on PC.

“We are proud and happy that gamers worldwide have taken Warhammer: Vermintide 2 to their hearts.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark. “500,000 games sold was a milestone that we had, but not less than a week after release.”

In numbers: 500,000+ units sold, 204 million minutes watched on Twitch, 50 billion enemies less, and 100% proud developers.

More heroes welcome! If you haven’t gotten your co-op on yet, pick up your copy now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 23:27 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 20:31:
Since when is "watched on Twitch" numbers something to brag about?

Companies are always looking for numbers that make their product look more successful. Twitch views, Youtube views, units sold, units shipped, pre-order count, total player count, peak concurrent player count, active users per month, positive Steam review ratios, E3 preview quotes, etc.

That said, 500k units in less than a week for a PC-exclusive with relatively little marketing is pretty impressive. Props to Fatshark for their success. Here's hoping that more developers try their hand at good co-op experiences.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 21:51 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 20:31:

Since millennials.

6. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 21:02 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 19:13:
The loot system sucked and wailing on nothing but rats gets old fast. Too bad because the ambiance and maps were off the hook. Yeah, I'll give 2 a whirl when it hits a deep discount.

The introduction of Chaos has really given this game what it needed in regards to diversity. It doesn't sound like much but I never really feel bored when it comes to carving through map after map as I did with V1 and the maps are as phenomenal as they are brutal. The loot boxes leave a little to be desired in regards to what you get but the crafting system is somewhat in place in the event that RNG is not in your favor but could be given a second pass.

All in all I'd say this is definitely worth the price of admission especially for $30 but I hope they find time to improve on the UI and details of the talents and stats which are otherwise extremely vague.

5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 20:31 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Mar 12, 2018, 20:29 {PH}88fingers

Xero wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 18:58:
I'm willing to give this a go eventually. I have the first although it never quite grabbed me. Not like Left 4 Dead anyway. I felt it was missing something. Even the combat got kind of dull quickly because your just swinging away mad without requiring much skill there.

I've heard they greatly improved the hit detection/combat overall so that that's a great leap already if they did. If they just made the progression through the stages a tad more clean then I'm sold. The first was just missing maybe polish or something to really move it into AAA grade quality game.

Yeah I grabbed this on a whim, having never played the first one or having any idea what I was getting into.
Unfortunately it feels like you just described, wacking away endlessly at mobs coming at you... I dunno, played for a couple hours and not sure I wanna try again =[

3. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 19:13 Cutter

The loot system sucked and wailing on nothing but rats gets old fast. Too bad because the ambiance and maps were off the hook. Yeah, I'll give 2 a whirl when it hits a deep discount.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 18:58 Xero

I'm willing to give this a go eventually. I have the first although it never quite grabbed me. Not like Left 4 Dead anyway. I felt it was missing something. Even the combat got kind of dull quickly because your just swinging away mad without requiring much skill there.

I've heard they greatly improved the hit detection/combat overall so that that's a great leap already if they did. If they just made the progression through the stages a tad more clean then I'm sold. The first was just missing maybe polish or something to really move it into AAA grade quality game.

1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 17:39 Prez

That's awesome. This is an excellent dev team and it's great to see o e of the good ones rewarded with commercial success.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo