The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans

Ubisoft officially announces Tom Clancy's The Division 2 following the inadvertant revelation of plans for the shooter sequel. The post there is the English version of the statement that leaked early. They have also posted a roadmap for the franchise, which they note is celebrating its second birthday. The roadmap includes plans to support the first The Division, which is covered in more detail in this State-of-the-Game update which discusses the next two patches. Here's word on the road ahead:
The Division’s second birthday is finally here! We have been hard at work since the launch of the game and have some news to share with our community. Yes, there is a Division 2 that is currently under development by Massive! The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible - Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy - will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store!

This does not mean that work on The Division 1 is coming to a halt. We are going to continue supporting the game as players look forward to the following timeline of content:

• April - Update 1.8.1, which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game. We are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
  • May - New Global Event: Onslaught.
  • June - Update 1.8.2, which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
  • July - Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
  • August - Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
  • September - Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.

It has been quite the journey so far, and we are just getting started. A huge thank you to our community for the support over the years. Here is to the future of The Division!

View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans
Mar 9, 2018, 13:06
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 13:06
Mar 9, 2018, 13:06

Division was nicely detailed, atmospheric, good gameplay and very single player worthy.

I welcome a Division 2 but it will need to have a large serving of new and unique content for me to buy and enjoy it.

Mar 9, 2018, 07:07
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 07:07
Mar 9, 2018, 07:07

Sempai wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 03:40:
Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 03:38:
Sempai wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 02:02:
If it's staying in NYC i'd like to see a large and detailed Central Park area.
I'd like it to compete with Destiny, so vehicular travel of some sort, possibly other cities? London and Tokyo would be great.

Always wanted to see Central Park, pretty sad that never made it.

I doubt we'll see vehicles, as the engine is very tuned for walking/running speed. Compare it with a Ubi engine like the one in Watch Dogs 2 that's built for fast texture streaming when zipping around a city, the visual fidelity at any one moment is still beautiful, but far lower than The Div.

Word.

Same engine (also the same engine used for Ghost Recon). But for what they make up in land wise, they loose detail wise (look at all the objects on the streets of New York vs Bolivia).

Mar 9, 2018, 03:40
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 03:40
Mar 9, 2018, 03:40

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 03:38:
I'd like it to compete with Destiny, so vehicular travel of some sort, possibly other cities? London and Tokyo would be great.

I doubt we'll see vehicles, as the engine is very tuned for walking/running speed. Compare it with a Ubi engine like the one in Watch Dogs 2 that's built for fast texture streaming when zipping around a city, the visual fidelity at any one moment is still beautiful, but far lower than The Div.

Word.

Mar 9, 2018, 03:38
Slick

Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 03:38
Mar 9, 2018, 03:38
 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Mar 9, 2018, 02:16
Vio
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 02:16
Mar 9, 2018, 02:16
Vio

I'd like to see a not 99% block block block block situation where looking down every road looks the same almost :/ I would also prefer realistic dmg instead of borderlands dmg. But hey you know...

Mar 9, 2018, 02:02
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 02:02
Mar 9, 2018, 02:02

Mar 9, 2018, 01:57
Slick

Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 9, 2018, 01:57
Mar 9, 2018, 01:57
 Slick

Nighthawk wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 23:19:
I know a lot of Canadians would love to see Vancouver or Toronto crash and burn....

Montreal would also be cool, it's not as vertically built up, but there's a lot of cool districts, and just having the old city in a game would be a nice contrast to the shiny new skyscrapers.

But yeah, Toronto or Vancouver would also be excellent. Has there ever been a game that's made an honest attempt to create a large Canadian city? I always hoped that GTA would do one eventually, until it was clear that they only do 3 cities. Then I figured that Ubisoft would take it on with Watch_Dogs, but no. There have been many US cities in different eras, and a few European cities too... I don't think a Canadian city has ever been attempted.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Mar 8, 2018, 23:45
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 8, 2018, 23:45
Mar 8, 2018, 23:45

Area 51.. so we can get more than 3 types of humans. And no Alex!

Mar 8, 2018, 23:19
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 8, 2018, 23:19
Mar 8, 2018, 23:19

I know a lot of Canadians would love to see Vancouver or Toronto crash and burn....

Mar 8, 2018, 22:28
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 8, 2018, 22:28
Mar 8, 2018, 22:28

If any of them are as well done as New York, it should be a treat! The world building they did if you just walk around and soak up The Division (completely ignoring the gameplay facets) is quite awesome.

Mar 8, 2018, 22:23
Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 8, 2018, 22:23
Mar 8, 2018, 22:23

So? Different city? If so, which one? London? Paris? Moscow? Tokyo?
"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older