Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam

Steam News announces that everyone who adds the Amnesia collection to their Steam libraries for a limited time (which is unspecified) will be able to permanently keep both horror games. Here's word:

Add Amnesia Collection to your account permanently and play for FREE starting now for a limited time! The Amnesia Collection includes both Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Once you click "Install Game" both games will remain in your account after the free period, so don't miss out on this opportunity to play these two dark survival horror games.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 18:22 mellis

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is fantastic - make sure you pick up all the diary entries since they really complete the Lovecraftian story and have some solidly immersive voice-over acting to boot.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 13:16 Bodolza

Is this already over? Steam wants to charge me $34.99 for it.  

7. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 08:38 Numinar

Quinn wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 08:14:
Cram wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 23:40:
Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 22:28:
Didn't they do this before? I have both games in my Steam library but I know I didn't buy them. Still haven't played Pig Machine but did play some of DD. Yeah it was tense but didn't seem that scary. Especially compared to Outlast which freaked me the fuck out.

IMO Outlast was good at "startling" you, it was not scary. You'd jump for a second and go into action mode to stay alive. Dark Descent was actually, at times, scary. The dread was persistent throughout many particular levels/areas whether there was a monster around or not. Again, just my opinion.

And Outlast 2, sadly, completely failed. They forgot one of the most important things in horror: the release of tension. Outlast 2 was constantly completely fucked up. At some point your mind would just go "Fuck this, this isn't fun scary anymore.". Don't get me wrong, even the scariest fucking shit out there can be fun scary. It's the release of tension that's necessary for it to be experienced as fun.

Alien Isolation is my favourite one of these, but it also fails the tension test. Iím
never not freaking the fuck out which is why Iím slowly completing one objective every six months for the rest of my life.

6. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 08:14 Quinn

Cram wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 23:40:
Didn't they do this before? I have both games in my Steam library but I know I didn't buy them. Still haven't played Pig Machine but did play some of DD. Yeah it was tense but didn't seem that scary. Especially compared to Outlast which freaked me the fuck out.

IMO Outlast was good at "startling" you, it was not scary. You'd jump for a second and go into action mode to stay alive. Dark Descent was actually, at times, scary. The dread was persistent throughout many particular levels/areas whether there was a monster around or not. Again, just my opinion.

And Outlast 2, sadly, completely failed. They forgot one of the most important things in horror: the release of tension. Outlast 2 was constantly completely fucked up. At some point your mind would just go "Fuck this, this isn't fun scary anymore.". Don't get me wrong, even the scariest fucking shit out there can be fun scary. It's the release of tension that's necessary for it to be experienced as fun.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 05:16 Jivaro

MattyC wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 02:40:
Didn't they do this before?

I am not 100% on this, but if I remember right that was a Humble freebie that you redeemed on Steam rather than just a Steam freebie.

That is my recollection as well.

4. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 02:40 MattyC

Didn't they do this before?

I am not 100% on this, but if I remember right that was a Humble freebie that you redeemed on Steam rather than just a Steam freebie.

3. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 8, 2018, 23:40 Cram

2. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 8, 2018, 22:28 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

1. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 8, 2018, 18:16 Fion

If you enjoy horror games in any measure, and haven't played either of these games, you owe it to yourself to get them.

Amnesia: the Dark Descent is the scariest & finest horror game in existence. The sequel isn't quite so good, but still a hell of a lot of fun.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo