Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is now available on Steam, offering a melee action sequel for Windows. Here's the release trailer with a look using only game-engine footage, and here are details on what to expect from the game:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Vermintide. The time has arrived to revisit the fierce first-person co-op slaughter-fest featuring visceral and ground breaking melee action, set in the apocalyptic End Times of the war-ravaged Warhammer Fantasy Battles world.

Our 5 heroes have returned to take on an even greater threat Ė the combined forces of a malevolent and destructive Chaos army and the swarming Skaven horde. Prepare to be challenged like never before as you and your team desperately try to survive the never-ending onslaught. Choose between 15 different careers, climb the talent trees, customize your arsenal to fit your unique play style, fight your way through a myriad of stunning levels, and challenge yourself in our new Heroic Deeds System. The only thing standing between utter defeat and victory is you and your allies. If you fall - so will the Empire.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 10, 2018, 03:08 Numinar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 13:52:
Numinar wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 08:42:
Early reports say itís a prettier version of previous game, so Iíll probably get this. I quite like my quality repetitive co-op loot shooters! Just hope that GMG deal is still on tomorrow and the key is region free.

It's prettier with better mechanics. Less game breaking swing throughs.. they really improved.

Playing now. It does feel better. Definitely runs better whilst looking three times as good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 13:52 Tipsy McStagger

Numinar wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 08:42:
Early reports say itís a prettier version of previous game, so Iíll probably get this. I quite like my quality repetitive co-op loot shooters! Just hope that GMG deal is still on tomorrow and the key is region free.

It's prettier with better mechanics. Less game breaking swing throughs.. they really improved.

8. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 09:10 Task

Looks neat  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

7. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 08:42 Numinar

6. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 02:04 Turd Ferguson

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 22:37:
Man, Fatshark has made some great trailers for this game. Gotta' hand it to their art department they have really nailed the perfect look and ambiance for these games.

They surely did, however the contrast is crazy high, can be annoying at times, a specially in a torch lit, dark places.

5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 22:37 Cutter

Man, Fatshark has made some great trailers for this game. Gotta' hand it to their art department they have really nailed the perfect look and ambiance for these games.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

4. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 20:13 Rhett

It's pretty satisfying if/when you get a team that actually works together anyway. Having some bad luck with groups on Recruit (starting out), having to play with bots to get anywhere (except one or two groups). Not necessarily difficult, just if you lose a person or two to them splitting up or not paying attention to the group... It usually snowballs.  

3. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 19:11 Osc8r

Turd Ferguson wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 17:52:
When the first game came out, I found it rather weak, it had tone of potential but got really boring, really fast, got my money back in seconds flat.

However, after playing Vermintide II closed beta, I have a really hard time putting it down

Hmm, i felt the same about the first one. Played it during a 'free weekend' even and was done with it in about 6 hours.

Maybe i should look into this one a little more... (it does have co-op after all).

2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 17:52 Turd Ferguson

When the first game came out, I found it rather weak, it had tone of potential but got really boring, really fast, got my money back in seconds flat.

However, after playing Vermintide II closed beta, I have a really hard time putting it down

1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 17:21 SimplyMonk

Didn't play the original, but I played a ton of L4D and L4D2 back in the day so this have been great nostalgia + more with unique classes and loot. All in all been immensely enjoying the pre-order beta. Would love to see a versus mode at some point like in L4D, but even without that it was worth the very reasonable $30 price.

That being said... multiplayer only games not being F2P always give me pause. But Warhammer and only $30 so I decided what the hell.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo