Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 8, 2018, 22:52 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 17:47:
While I'm all for having fiber wherever possible the "Dig Once" thing seems like it has a large potential for extra costs without much benefit -- essentially fiber conduits from and to nowhere. It might be okay, but I'd like to see more information about it.

It's a great idea because it leaves all that leeway for future development. One of the biggest problems with all infrastructure is the lack of planning for future growth. More often than not it's only planned for what's required for the immediate future and not 25-50 years down the line. And that's when everyone feels the squeeze from that lack of foresight.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 8, 2018, 22:44 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 21:07:
Nothing as sweet as a lie or as bitter as the truth.

Reminds me of that other old saying, 'Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.'

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 8, 2018, 21:07 Pigeon

Nothing as sweet as a lie or as bitter as the truth.  

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 8, 2018, 18:57 RedEye9

That explains why anyone retweets the Rancid Orange Marshmallows dreck.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 8, 2018, 17:47 Mr. Tact

While I'm all for having fiber wherever possible the "Dig Once" thing seems like it has a large potential for extra costs without much benefit -- essentially fiber conduits from and to nowhere. It might be okay, but I'd like to see more information about it.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo