Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Division 2 Revealed

A financial website called 4-Traders has first details (in German) on Ubisoft's plans for Tom Clancy's The Division 2, a sequel to Massive Entertainment's open-world first-person shooter (thanks GameSpot). The post is purportedly a blog update from Massive creative director Julian Gerighty. It's not clear why this would appear on this site, but lending a good deal of credibility to the report is the discovery of this image on the Ubisoft Website which is clearly a logo for The Division 2. Here is a rough machine translation of part of the post:

However, when we released our game in 2016, it was clear to us that it was just the opening chapter of a much bigger saga, so we're excited to share more with you today about what awaits you in The Division Universe next.

We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Engine that will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we've accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

But that is not all. The division continues. After the celebrations of our 2 year anniversary, we will support the game with 2 more title updates. These will be 2 brand new Global Events; Include more Legendary difficulty missions and an Xbox One X update that will rediscover the beautiful and emblematic New York City with all its stunning details in both 4K and 1080p.

In addition, as of June 2018, players will also be able to play 'Crests', which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock The Division 2 rewards.

The teams are extremely grateful for all the support over the past two years and we can not wait to show you what we have planned for The Division 2 during the E3 2018 in June.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 22:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm interested to see what they actually end up doing with The Division 2, after putting about 80 hours into the current version of the original, and enjoying it well enough to justify the sale price. Coop TD is definitely fun, but I can already see it turning stale in the very near future; we're about capped out for gear, without grinding for hundreds of hours to get perfect rolls and every Exotic item, we're not going to improve our setups that much.

We've also run into some either highly suspect people in the Dark Zone, who are either running some damage mod or just have 2,000 hours worth of perfect gear, and ended up getting melted in about .005 seconds. Had some good battles too, vs similarly geared and/or legit players.

The City looks awesome, but I can only hope they find some reason to do another city somewhere, perhaps even stretching the sorta weak story enough to have it outside of the US.

I'd definitely be down with a bit less attempted realism, more crazy enemies, more weapon styles, more weapons carried at once, for that matter.

My coop group will probably get the Division 2 when it goes on a decent sale in about 4-5 years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 20:18 opie

MacLeod wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 12:10:
Make it underwater like the second X-Com game...

Call it "The Division 2: SubDivision"

uh, no. that one is set in the 'burbs instead of the city.

Does anyone know if this will be NYC again or a new city? London would be cool.

27. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 18:05 Steele Johnson

I love the first one’s co-op... and still play it! This is definitely good news. Way too many ways to cheat now when it comes to pc multiplayer games, so I definitely welcome more co-op games!  

26. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 17:19 Flatline

necrosis wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 17:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:57:
necrosis wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:51:
With how utterly abysmal the game was MONTHS after launch I have no damned idea how they are making a second one.

I would almost be less shocked if they announced a sequel to Evolve.

Yes, but if you log into the Division right now, tons of people are playing. If you log into Evolve? I'd guess not many.
Tons of asshole pricks geared to the hilt running around and killing people that just set foot in the dark zone.

An issue they NEVER fixed... or rather they half assed fixed that solved nothing.

The Dark Zone is not the only end game solution now. There's other end-game events that you can gear up pretty well to be competitive in Dark Zone.

25. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 17:17 Agent.X7

necrosis wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 17:09:
With how utterly abysmal the game was MONTHS after launch I have no damned idea how they are making a second one.

Yes, but if you log into the Division right now, tons of people are playing. If you log into Evolve? I'd guess not many.
Tons of asshole pricks geared to the hilt running around and killing people that just set foot in the dark zone.

An issue they NEVER fixed... or rather they half assed fixed that solved nothing.

Maybe, but we don't do PVP and still see a ton of people.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

24. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 17:09 necrosis

23. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 16:26 Osc8r

Game was so.... repetitive. The gun play, weapons sounds, and AI sponges were the icing on the cake corn kernel on the turd.  

22. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 16:21 Flatline

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 16:06:
Aaaaannnnddd yet another retarded, boring as fuck multiplayer grindfest. This is becoming reminiscent of the MMO heydays in the early 2000s. We really need a few solid flops in this area of gaming to bring the publishers back in line.

Destiny 2 is fizzling so hard that it might be enough of an industry flop on it's own.

As a bunch of friends were discussing, whoever thought that platforming was what an FPS needed for it's end-game raiding needed their fucking heads examined.

21. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 16:06 CJ_Parker

Aaaaannnnddd yet another retarded, boring as fuck multiplayer grindfest. This is becoming reminiscent of the MMO heydays in the early 2000s. We really need a few solid flops in this area of gaming to bring the publishers back in line.  

20. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 15:57 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 15:51 necrosis

18. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 15:20 Tipsy McStagger

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:54:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:34:
They only thing they need to do for this to be great is to dramatically up the variety.

This is why I think the Tom Clancy IP did them a lot more harm than good. Realistic World Looter Shooter doesn't go well in my opinion. You can only gun down so many gang bangers, rogue spec op agents and PMCs before it gets stale. They really needed to be vastly more creative with the IP than Tom Clancy's world would allow.

I can also only own so many patterns for my gun and backpack before I cease to care. Another pair of jeans and boots? One of a thousand caps? Ugh.

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:46:
More cleaners! My girlfriend giggles every time we encounter them. I LOVE popping the flamethrower packs they wear. Pop. BOOM! Pop. BOOM! (Suppressed bolt action rifle for the win!)

Exactly! This was their one faction that was creative and even slightly interesting.

Can have robotic dogs, assisted exo-skeleton armor soldiers, flying drones... I mean it's not that far off from the "world" state we have now.

17. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:54 SimplyMonk

They only thing they need to do for this to be great is to dramatically up the variety.

This is why I think the Tom Clancy IP did them a lot more harm than good. Realistic World Looter Shooter doesn't go well in my opinion. You can only gun down so many gang bangers, rogue spec op agents and PMCs before it gets stale. They really needed to be vastly more creative with the IP than Tom Clancy's world would allow.

I can also only own so many patterns for my gun and backpack before I cease to care. Another pair of jeans and boots? One of a thousand caps? Ugh.

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:46:
More cleaners! My girlfriend giggles every time we encounter them. I LOVE popping the flamethrower packs they wear. Pop. BOOM! Pop. BOOM! (Suppressed bolt action rifle for the win!)

Exactly! This was their one faction that was creative and even slightly interesting.

16. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:46 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

15. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:40 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:52:
More stuff to do is always welcome, but I actually liked the desolate atmosphere of the world. So I don't agree that packing the explorable area full of enemies or whatever like a generic MMO is the way to go.

But, at the same time, we passed through many areas that had clearly been intended to have encounters or missions that they just ran out of time to implement. It would be nice to populate those things.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

14. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:34 ItBurn

13. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:27 Flatline

Prez wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:01:
Despite the problems I have with going to a full fledged sequel as opposed to adding more to the first game, I still like the fact that there is going to be more of this universe. I really liked The Division. That said, however, with the sequel they absolutely need to tighten up the storytelling - the first had snippets of excellent storytelling but overall there was too little story progression overall, leading to a feeling that you as the player were just spinning your wheels in a story arc that mostly didn't go anywhere and lacked satisfying closure to plot points. I loved the combat though; I found it to be rife with fun and interesting shooting gameplay even though some others didn't.

Agreed. The story had moments of greatness but a lot of blandness.

I'm also curious what is happening outside of NYC. I find it impossible to believe that the virus hasn't spread outside of NYC.

Hopefully Division 2 starts with the amount of content that Division 1 has right now. It probably won't but I hope so. I also hope they build on the loot system they have now, which is actually, finally kind of fun, and don't nuke it back to the stone age like they did with Destiny 2.

12. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:19 SimplyMonk

Leper wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:44:
It's wise to be cautious, but if you read this article on Forbes they explicitly reference Destiny 2 and avoiding the same mistakes.

Yeah. That is completely fair. The problems Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 had were completely different from the issues that The Division had.

11. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 13:52 jacobvandy

More stuff to do is always welcome, but I actually liked the desolate atmosphere of the world. So I don't agree that packing the explorable area full of enemies or whatever like a generic MMO is the way to go.  

10. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 13:44 Leper

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 11:40:
MMO-ish Looter Shooter game has very poor initial release, but after a year manages to recover somewhat and post a respectable game and appreciative player base. After which they announce the next chapter in the series as a standalone title...

Where have I heard this before? How did that work out? I mean, I realize that Bungie and Massive are two distinct companies, but the lifecycle of The Division and Destiny were extremely similar. I guess this just reinforces my tendency to not play any game nowadays till it has been out for at least a year. Especially these looter shooters that like to release new titles after 2-3 years.

It's wise to be cautious, but if you read this article on Forbes they explicitly reference Destiny 2 and avoiding the same mistakes.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo