Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone

Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Colossal Order announce Saturday will be the third anniversary of the release of Cities: Skylines. They also reveal a milestone, saying the urban planning game has now sold more than five million units for PC since its launch. They are celebrating by giving all players a few bits of free content which connect to next week's release of Surviving Mars (Update: apologies for the original version of this article erroneously calling Surviving Mars an expansion). Here are some details:

Over the past three years, Cities: Skylines fans have definitively proven they can survive Natural Disasters, heavy Snowfall and self-inflicted anarchy of all sorts, but the question looms... can they survive Mars?

To celebrate its third birthday and five million milestone, Cities: Skylines players are getting a new unique Rocket City building called Xchirp Launcher, an astronaut Chirper, and a new free radio station - Official Mars Radio! Tune into Mars beginning this Friday, March 9 and jam out to space musical electro songs like Perfect Wave, Mission Stardust, The Return of Sputnik, Moon Zero Two and Aiming for Jupiter. As Paradox gears up for the release of Surviving Mars (next week!) on March 15th, all Cities owners will also get 10 percent off pre-orders on Steam.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 9, 2018, 10:13 SpectralMeat

A new Anno game is way overdue. Love that series  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 9, 2018, 01:32 eRe4s3r

Man, this and Anno 1800 (hopefully) are probably the only light in a sea of darkness when it comes to peaceful building games, I like Factorio mind you, but Factorio is still missing much of a point beyond launching a rocket.. or 1000. And much as I like RPG's and ARPG's, RTS and what not, I want my peaceful chill games ;/

Skylines kept me busy for a long long while, even made building for it, but now I am burnt out from it. Either way, incredible that they had success with this, where Sim City 5 failed so utterly.

6. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 18:49 Quboid

Fion wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:03:
Wait, Surviving Mars is an expansion to Cities: Skylines? It's from a completely different company.

It's a completely separate game, only the publisher is the same.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

5. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 15:03 Fion

Wait, Surviving Mars is an expansion to Cities: Skylines? It's from a completely different company.  

4. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 12:51 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 12:47:
Someone at EA is currently sitting there going "I don't get it. Why did they sell so much more than we did?! We had always-online interactivity and tiny-ass plots of land and TEH GRAPHICS!!!"

It's a mystery

3. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 12:47 Creston

Five million copies. That is fantastic. It's almost as if you give your fans what they want, they'll go and buy it!

Someone at EA is currently sitting there going "I don't get it. Why did they sell so much more than we did?! We had always-online interactivity and tiny-ass plots of land and TEH GRAPHICS!!!"

2. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 11:46 SpectralMeat

I've been watching some let's plays and yeah the game just doesn't seem to hold my attention. Not sure what it is about it. The concept is great but this game just doesn't do it for me.  

1. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 11:13 MacLeod

I loved Cities: Skylines and was excited originally when I first heard about Surviving Mars, thinking it was going to be a Mars colonization simulation... but after watching the videos for it, it seems a bit goofy with wacky stuff like aliens and such. I was hoping for something more realistic (anyone remember Moonbase?)  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo